Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unsolicited check from Chase for $160+ "Rewards Error Refund"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unsolicited check from Chase for $160+ "Rewards Error Refund"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by jc719
I received an unexpected check from Chase for $160. "...a refund for a rewards error that happened before your Chase credit card account was closed." I called the Chase customer service number and she verified that it was legitimate and not some promo with fine print. Due to some error between Feb 2011 and Oct 2013. She couldn't tell what card it was, but I churned several during that period.

Anyone else?
I just received mine for $500. I thought that was a scam and I called. They told me that was a legit check😂👍

Last edited by mia; Feb 4, 2016 at 1:37 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by jc719
I received an unexpected check from Chase for $160. "...a refund for a rewards error that happened before your Chase credit card account was closed." I called the Chase customer service number and she verified that it was legitimate and not some promo with fine print. Due to some error between Feb 2011 and Oct 2013. She couldn't tell what card it was, but I churned several during that period.

Anyone else?
Have you recently landed on "Community Chest"?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by patryzya
I just received mine for $500. I thought that was a scam and I called. They told me that was a legit check😂👍
Hi. Did you change it?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:30 am

Yes

I deposited yesterday. Now let's see. I should wait a week to see if is legit.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Ohh, I want a check! Chase, pick me!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by patryzya
I deposited yesterday. Now let's see. I should wait a week to see if is legit.
Did you find out if it is indeed legit? I also received a $500 check from Chase with a letter dated Jan 29, 2016 for "their error". I just talked to Chase (not the # included in the letter) and they said I should talk to Fraud because they have no record of the letter or the check. However, they couldn't even pull my account up because my records had been "purged". Don't know what to think at this point. I am holding on to the check until someone here can share their experience after depositing the check.

Any feedback shared would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
Ohh, I want a check! Chase, pick me!

Ooooh, ditto!!!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

(Deleted.)

Last edited by guv1976; Feb 10, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:10 am

Got the letter and a check for $500...I used to have a credit card witj them and the last 4 digits referenced on the letter matched. Also the letter stated they were going to delete that acct from my credit report and I received a notification from Credit Karma about it. And this check was mailed to my parents address, where I used to live back on 2013. But I didnt deposited the check in my account, I went to a Chase bank branch to cash it. The teller asked me if I had a bank acct with them and because i didnt there was a $8.00 fee...(really???) Anyways I said Ok! And when she ran the check she said the fee has been waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.