Expedia gone from UR Mall?

Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Expedia gone from UR Mall?

I don't see it anymore. In fact, the entire travel category is empty now, but all the others load for me.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:22 pm

The UR portal is so so slowwwwwwww. Sometimes it won't even load! Anyone else having this issue? But I still see expedia/hotels.com when I do load the page.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

I don't think it's a speed issue. The other categories and search are pretty instantaneous for me right now.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Expedia doesn't show for me. Nor does the entire travel category. Others load fine. UGH.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:40 am

not just that. hotels.com is gone as well

I just made a big booking on expedia on Monday..phew.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by anchor79
not just that. hotels.com is gone as well

I just made a big booking on expedia on Monday..phew.
Hotels.com is missing I can confirm Lets hope it is temporary, this was the main reason to use CSP over Citi Prestige on non-chain hotels.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:36 am

Yup, Expedia and Hotels.com are gone from my list
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:04 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Yup, Expedia and Hotels.com are gone from my list
I sent in an email inquiry to Chase yesterday about hotels.com. They told me it was indeed available.

So, I double checked to be sure I was doing everything correctly, and it is still missing. Scrolled through all 208 merchants. No hotels.com or expedia.

I re-sent the inquiry, and it's being escalated. We'll see, but I am not optimistic.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:57 am

Hoping this isn't permanent. I've made hay for years off of booking hotels and flights through UR portal for work. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're pulling the travel links because they hope more folks will book through their in-house travel portal. I personally have plenty of other avenues to go to before doing that. If I had to bet on it I'd wager on this being only temporary because they'll realize they make more money giving folks the options. Or it's just a glitch or re-negotiation with their partners. Who knows.

@RJ1, I'll be interested to hear what they tell you.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:53 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by sw128
Hoping this isn't permanent. I've made hay for years off of booking hotels and flights through UR portal for work. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're pulling the travel links because they hope more folks will book through their in-house travel portal. I personally have plenty of other avenues to go to before doing that. If I had to bet on it I'd wager on this being only temporary because they'll realize they make more money giving folks the options. Or it's just a glitch or re-negotiation with their partners. Who knows.

@RJ1, I'll be interested to hear what they tell you.
Here is the reply from Chase.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again in
regards to Hotels.com.

I regret the misinformation provided in the previous
email. I have confirmed that as of 2/18/2015, Hotels.com
was removed as a participating merchant on Shop through
Chase. This update was processed during the same timeframe
your inquiry was received. Regretfully, there is no
information available as to the return of this Merchant. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1
Here is the reply from Chase.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again in
regards to Hotels.com.

I regret the misinformation provided in the previous
email. I have confirmed that as of 2/18/2015, Hotels.com
was removed as a participating merchant on Shop through
Chase. This update was processed during the same timeframe
your inquiry was received. Regretfully, there is no
information available as to the return of this Merchant. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Doesn't sound good. I believe Expedia was removed at the same time because I just booked through it a few days ago. That says to me that Chase made this decision on their end. I wouldn't expect a CSR to know what is behind the move though and hopefully it's only temporary.

Also it seems that they don't even have a travel category in the dropdown for store type. I'm pretty sure it was there before. I'm still thinking this could be a broader move to push their own travel booking engine - which I'm not a fan of personally.

Last edited by sw128; Feb 20, 2015 at 2:44 pm Reason: additional thought
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR
If they want to push bookings to their own travel agency, then what is our motivation for booking via UR instead of booking direct if we don't get any additional UR points out of it since the bonus point for booking via UR is going away?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:55 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The cynical part of me says that Expedia made the decision to remove themselves b/c with the upcoming consolidation in the OTA area, they're going to be practically the only player (+ Priceline, I suppose), and they no longer need to provide incentive rebates to drive traffic to their sites.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:05 pm

Blah.. this is lame. I earned a lot of points through expedia/hotels.com portal by booking for family and friends.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:31 pm

Its sad but they are still offering cash backs on varies sites. However, I value UR points more than cash back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.