Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by steve4
Final update: Card was converted back to Freedom Unlimited and the transfer to CSR was successful. Looks like the system didn't allow conversion when it was a regular Freedom account for unknown reasons.
I never cease to be amazed that the unknown reasons are unknown to the bank itself.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
In my UR portal, it allows me to add a household member (we live in the same house) to my account. Does this mean, once added, i can transfer the points to them without the risk of being shutdown?

I don't have a business card and is a private client banker.
I'm curious as well. Want to make sure I do this in the best way possible:

I have Chase Freedom, CSR. My wife has her own separate Chase Freedom, CSR.

I want to basically transfer all/most points into my wife's CSR so we can book flights together (rather than having to book separately).

Would it be best to transfer my CF into CSR, then my CSR into her CSR? And also then transfer her CF into her own CSR?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS
Just trying to do this also.
Just added husbands CSP to my accounts UR list.
Do not know yet if I can transfer his UR points to my reserve account. Maybe I will try to transfer to our joint Freedom unlimited card and see if that works.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by el aye
I'm curious as well. Want to make sure I do this in the best way possible:

I have Chase Freedom, CSR. My wife has her own separate Chase Freedom, CSR.

I want to basically transfer all/most points into my wife's CSR so we can book flights together (rather than having to book separately).

Would it be best to transfer my CF into CSR, then my CSR into her CSR? And also then transfer her CF into her own CSR?
From my recollection, many of the transfer issues I've read occur when multiple cards are combining points onto one card. Your example has your CSR and her CF combining points onto her CSR. That's 2 cards onto 1. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. I prefer a straight line.

Your CF -> Your CSR -> Her CF -> Her CSR

Test a small amount, particularly from Your CSR to Her CF so you don't get points stuck there.

Last edited by pallhedge; Jan 31, 2017 at 7:03 am Reason: grammar
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I have read the transfer rules quite thoroughly but just making sure that I interpret them correctly. Makes me sound a bit daft but when it comes to Chase (and their account closing itchy finger), I am a little cautious.

I am assuming household member means someone living on same address as yourself (Not necessarily spouse).

I have a CSP and family member as AU. This same family member has their own CSR account as well. Now, I would like to transfer some UR into their CSR account since CSR offers better redemption through Chase portal.

Is this possible? How? I logged in my CSP account and I do not see my AU listed over there.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I have read the transfer rules quite thoroughly but just making sure that I interpret them correctly. Makes me sound a bit daft but when it comes to Chase (and their account closing itchy finger), I am a little cautious.

I am assuming household member means someone living on same address as yourself (Not necessarily spouse).

I have a CSP and family member as AU. This same family member has their own CSR account as well. Now, I would like to transfer some UR into their CSR account since CSR offers better redemption through Chase portal.

Is this possible? How? I logged in my CSP account and I do not see my AU listed over there.
Log on to your CSP account and click "Go to Ultimate Rewards". Click on your points and choose "Combine Points". You'll need to enter your family member's full CSR credit card account # and last name.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Log on to your CSP account and click "Go to Ultimate Rewards". Click on your points and choose "Combine Points". You'll need to enter your family member's full CSR credit card account # and last name.
Getting an error when trying to transfer points from my wife to my account tonight. Something isn't working right with it.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
From my recollection, many of the transfer issues I've read occur when multiple cards are combining points onto one card. Your example has your CSR and her CF combining points onto her CSR. That's 2 cards onto 1. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. I prefer a straight line.

Your CF -> Your CSR -> Her CF -> Her CSR

Test a small amount, particularly from Your CSR to Her CF so you don't get points stuck there.
Thanks, this does seem like the more sound plan. And I will definitely be testing with a small amount of points first.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:36 pm
esf

I have a Freedom card which is my sole UR earning card, and my wife has a Sapphire Reserve which is her sole UR earning card. I would like to transfer points from my Freedom to my wife's Sapphire Reserve. But:
- When I select the Combine Points option My Freedom card is not even listed as a "Transfer From" account.
- When I try to add my wife's Sapphire Reserve, I receive the "An unexpected error occurred" message.

I carefully read the entire thread, and neither the browser trick, nor the unlink/link trick, nor any other minute tricks worked for me. I could see one post about Freedom not working as a Transfer From account, but the poster ultimately used another account to complete the transfer, a solution that does not work for me having no other UR earning card other than Freedom.

Any input is appreciated!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esf
I have a Freedom card which is my sole UR earning card, and my wife has a Sapphire Reserve which is her sole UR earning card. I would like to transfer points from my Freedom to my wife's Sapphire Reserve. But:
- When I select the Combine Points option My Freedom card is not even listed as a "Transfer From" account.
- When I try to add my wife's Sapphire Reserve, I receive the "An unexpected error occurred" message.

I carefully read the entire thread, and neither the browser trick, nor the unlink/link trick, nor any other minute tricks worked for me. I could see one post about Freedom not working as a Transfer From account, but the poster ultimately used another account to complete the transfer, a solution that does not work for me having no other UR earning card other than Freedom.

Are you the AU of your wife's CSR or are your wife the AU of your Freedom?

If none is the case, then you cannot combine the points between you and your wife by the online method although the T&Cs allow same household transfer.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:39 pm
esf

Originally Posted by Happy
Are you the AU of your wife's CSR or are your wife the AU of your Freedom?

If none is the case, then you cannot combine the points between you and your wife by the online method although the T&Cs allow same household transfer.
Neither of us is AU on the other's card. Do I need to add both of us as AU? AU on CSR is not free.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:42 am
esf

This is what I see when trying to combine points. There is no "Transfer From" account to begin with, and adding household account fails.

Last edited by esf; Mar 31, 2017 at 5:00 am
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by esf

In my case I called and it was very painless. It maybe took 5 minutes to transfer.
The person did try to explain that I could do it online and all I said was it wasn't working for me. She said ok I'll take care of it.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esf
Neither of us is AU on the other's card. Do I need to add both of us as AU? AU on CSR is not free.
Freedom AU is free.

Like many households, we only keep ONE UR card that has the transferrability due to only a fee card has this ability (before the introduction of CSR thanks to the 100K bonus). The monthly ritual for us is to transfer DH's Freedom card's earning to my Freedom card due to he is the AU of my Freedom and I am the AU of his Freedom, this can be done online. Then I group my UR pts to my Ink Plus account.

Pretty sure many here do the same ritual every month.

If neither of you is the AU of each other, the task cannot be done online. You need to call.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is the website glitch but Chase has NO intention to fix it.

Originally Posted by esf
This is what I see when trying to combine points. There is no "Transfer From" account to begin with, and adding household account fails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.