Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bubly1011
hello,
I am also in same boat right now. I was transffering my spouse's points to my account. it let me add my card numbers and when it came to final "review" stage, it gave me error of stating "unexpected error". I am very worried right now. will I ever able to do transfer again? Any help please. Any update from OP or anyone who was in same situation?

I am hoping that its temporary technical glitch.
I still haven't gotten anything to work yet Luckily, I have no specific uses for my points right now, but it continues to be a legitimate concern for me...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip
I still haven't gotten anything to work yet Luckily, I have no specific uses for my points right now, but it continues to be a legitimate concern for me...
go to chase twitter, they will fix it if enough of us talk about it.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by KyBrewer
Not entirely the same situation, but I had a lot of trouble transferring points from my UR account to my wife's. Using her card number and lastname, it gave me the "Unexpected Error". Called and representatives couldn't get it to work though confirmed it should, and were "unable" to do it manually.

We have a checking acct with Chase and I noticed my wife's name included a middle initial on it. I tried once more to transfer points to her account using the middle initial, space, lastname, (entered as "A LASTNAME") and it went through. It is certainly not printed on her card like that but she does have multiple middle names that tends to confuse lots of things.
Confirming that I had the same exact issue as KyBrewer. Kept getting the "unexpected error" message when trying to add a spouse/domestic partner. I was on the verge of pulling out my hair before finding his tip. Just had to enter the "middle initial" then a space and then the last name. My wife does have a space in her first name, so that is likely the cause IMO. Hopefully Chase gets this fixed soon.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:13 am

Why am I getting "an unexpected error occurred" when I'm trying to transfer from my freedom to my dads sapphire?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by pacys95
Why am I getting "an unexpected error occurred" when I'm trying to transfer from my freedom to my dads sapphire?
Be aware that the program doesn't allow transfers to other Chase accounts except those of spouses/domestic partners.

Last edited by beltway; Jan 4, 2015 at 9:30 am Reason: merged with existing thread
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by pacys95
you are LUCKY that it showed error & didn't work when you tried this cos you would have your cards closed couple of weeks later!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The unexpected error message also appears if I try to transfer to the same recipient account, from an account with a different login, more than once in 24 hours. We have five accounts split across four Logins:

Her personal accounts - Sapphire Preferred and Freedom-1
His personal account - Freedom-2
His Business account - Ink Classic
His Pseudo account - Ink Cash
All of the accounts close on the same date. In the past I was able to sweep points from all of them into the Sapphire Preferred account. This week, the first transfer worked, but subsequent attempts errored out. I then tried a transfer to her Freedom-1 which succeeded, as did a transfer from Freedom-1 to Sapphire Preferred. However, I was not able to make any further transfer to either Freedom-1 or Sapphire Preferred until the following day. All the points are now in the Sapphire Preferred account, but it is a nuisance.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:09 pm

last time, I complained about the the UR site points transfer mess to their Twitter team. They apologized & told me this is the first time they heared this after the new redesigned site and they would look in to this.

So I ask you guys to talk to their twitter team. They will fix this if enough of us talk about ut
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:22 pm

I'm receiving the same "unexpected error" message when I try to transfer DH Freedom UR to my CSP. Tried the middle initial space last name trick - didn't work for me.

Have tweeted @ChaseSupport, and will see if they can help.

I was able to transfer from my Freedom to my CSP, and from my Ink Cash (separate login) to my CSP. Will post back with any updates.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by 0limits
Have tweeted @ChaseSupport, and will see if they can help.
@ChaseSupport was helpful, and I was able to transfer points from my spouse.

I had to "unlink" my CSP from my own Chase account, wait 24 hours, then I could link it to my spouse's account.

Here's how to "unlink": login to your Chase UR acct. Hover over your points in the upper right corner for the drop down menu to show, then click on Combine Points. Pick your UR card you usually link FROM to continue, then on the next window that opens, you should see your CSP on the right column to link TO with an option that says "Remove Card." Just click on that, wait 24 hours for it to clear their system, then you should be able to link your CSP to your spouse's card to transfer points.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:48 am
Original Poster

I'm also working with Chase Support via Twitter and they've been quite responsive so far. Unfortunately, they still haven't been able to solve my problem but there's been consistent dialogue for several days trying to sort everything out. They've notified me of the 24-hour requirement, and we've tried the Middle Initial trick, but so far nothing's worked.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:07 pm

Chase support via twitter is quick and helpful but what they need to to be asked is to look at their messed up new UR site and finally fix it.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by 0limits
@ChaseSupport was helpful, and I was able to transfer points from my spouse.

I had to "unlink" my CSP from my own Chase account, wait 24 hours, then I could link it to my spouse's account.

Here's how to "unlink": login to your Chase UR acct. Hover over your points in the upper right corner for the drop down menu to show, then click on Combine Points. Pick your UR card you usually link FROM to continue, then on the next window that opens, you should see your CSP on the right column to link TO with an option that says "Remove Card." Just click on that, wait 24 hours for it to clear their system, then you should be able to link your CSP to your spouse's card to transfer points.
This. Is. Insane.

If Chase is trying to make UR extremely unattractive to earn or redeem, they're going about it the right way.

Last edited by beltway; Jan 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beltway
This. Is. Insane.
^
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:59 am

I'm having the same issue except that my wife's account is in her maiden name. Coudl this be what's blocking the transfer?

I click on COMBINE POINTS and then enter her card number and last name. I click the button to certify that this account belongs to my spuse of domestic partner and then I get the following message - "An unexpected error occurred".

???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.