Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I believe all is well, but their website has become a bit glitchy.

I just transferred 25,000 "Baby Ultimate Rewards points" from my Freedom account, combining them with my balance of "Real Ultimate Rewards points" associated with an Ink card (both in my own name).

I logged onto Chase online, went to Ultimate Rewards. When I first tried to access the Freedom card, my browser kicked me out - the Chase online sign-in page reloaded, and I was not signed in. It did this about 4 times in a row. Finally, I was able to get in and access the freedom card. On the Freedom card page, there's a rounded light-blue rectangle near the upper right corner of the browser window (immediately left of the Search icon). Click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of your Points balance: you should see your Freedom card, with points balance, and all other UR-earning Chase cards in a dropdown list; at the bottom of that list, there's a link to "Combine Points". THAT is what you want. Click that, and it brings up a "Combine points" page with a two-column interface where you can choose the UR source ("Move my points from") on the left, and the destination ("Move my points to") on the right. Select one from each column and click Continue....you should then have the option to specify the number of points to move.

It worked just fine for me once it stopped logging me out.

So, I think all is well in UR-land. Give the above a try and see if it works.

Hope that helps (and I hope we can all sleep a little better now...I know I will).
So you must have both your freedom personal & biz Ink cards in one online account?
I have personal & biz account separate. I don't see my Ink account on personal account to combine points, I only see all my personal cards (pre selected) by chase to transfer points around on my personal account. The only option to transfer points to biz from personal is to click on "add spouse/domestic partner)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
So you must have both your freedom personal & biz Ink cards in one online account?
Correct. (Well, not one "account" of course, just one log-in.)
Two Inks, one CSP and one Freedom. I can still transfer freely between any of them, just as before.

Also all my *other* (non UR-earning) Chase cards, personal and business. All accessible under a single log-in (although they don't appear on the UR side, of course).

I have always had access to all my Chase cards when I log in. IIRC, I asked Chase to set that up when I got my first Chase business card, many, many moons ago (I have been at this a long time). I vaguely recall that I called a Chase CSR and it took a few minutes, as they needed to get one of their IT guys on the call to put the biz and personal accounts together. Honestly, it has probably been 15-20 years, so my memory of it is a little fuzzy, but it was pretty painless for me.

I have personal & biz account separate. I don't see my Ink account on personal account to combine points, I only see all my personal cards (pre selected) by chase to transfer points around on my personal account. The only option to transfer points to biz from personal is to click on "add spouse/domestic partner)
Bummer. That (not having the accounts accessible together) seems like a real annoyance. Other than the fact that that might be their default setup to keep biz and personal logins separate, I can't imagine why anyone would want it that way.

You might consider giving them a call and ask to be able to access all your personal and business cards via the same combined log-in. Once that's done, then give it a try and see if the option I described above appears. Personally, I see no advantage in having things compartmentalized (if they come after you for misbehaving, they'll still close down all your stuff, even if you have separate log-ins). We all have enough passwords to remember already...

Bottom line: I don't think there has been any change in policy. Their website may be dysfunctional (poorly designed and/or badly implemented), but I don't see anything stopping me from doing the points transfers that I have done previously (all perfectly legit and per their terms - I would never sell or transfer to a non-spouse). The options are all still available (if you can get to them).

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Hyatt - Diamond
I just moved some points from Ink and Freedom to CSP with no issues. All seems to be well. Moved some points from wife's CSP to my CSP last week with no issues either.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I've tried all these options and it just won't let me do it. I also have different logins for my personal/business cards, so I have to manually add the cards as transfer options, and the system won't currently allow me to complete this step. There's no way to add a Freedom card to my Ink transfer page, or an Ink card to my Freedom transfer page without getting an error message... and every rep/supervisor/manager I've spoken with hasn't been able to help either.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by dajoip
I've tried all these options and it just won't let me do it. I also have different logins for my personal/business cards, so I have to manually add the cards as transfer options, and the system won't currently allow me to complete this step. There's no way to add a Freedom card to my Ink transfer page, or an Ink card to my Freedom transfer page without getting an error message... and every rep/supervisor/manager I've spoken with hasn't been able to help either.
I have two separate logins. One for personal cards, including Freedom. One for business cards, including Ink B.
I just transferred from Freedom to Ink B. Successful and instantaneous.
So, while it sucks that your accounts seem to have bugs, it is not a change of policy or "system-wide" malfunction. As has been suggested, you need a Chase IT person.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
I have two separate logins. One for personal cards, including Freedom. One for business cards, including Ink B.
I just transferred from Freedom to Ink B. Successful and instantaneous.
So, while it sucks that your accounts seem to have bugs, it is not a change of policy or "system-wide" malfunction. As has been suggested, you need a Chase IT person.
So you have freedom & ink with separate log ins. How did you transfer/combine the points? Do you see all your chase cards in both personal or biz UR site?

The question is not about whether you can or can't. it is how?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:00 pm

So you have freedom & ink with separate log ins. How did you transfer/combine the points? Do you see all your chase cards in both personal or biz UR site?

The question is not about whether you can or can't. it is how?
Under personal site I see only personal cards.
Under Biz site I see only biz cards.
However, I can easily transfer points.

To transfer UR points from Freedom to Ink Bold:
Login to personal site.
Click "Go to Ultimate Rewards".
On UR "Rewards Home" page, in the upper right.....
Click on drop-down menu at UR point total.
Click on "Combine Points".
Fill in Account # of card you want to transfer to, fill in last name, and press button. That's all I do, and points are instantly transferred from Freedom to Ink Bold account.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Under personal site I see only personal cards.
Under Biz site I see only biz cards.
However, I can easily transfer points.

To transfer UR points from Freedom to Ink Bold:
Login to personal site.
Click "Go to Ultimate Rewards".
On UR "Rewards Home" page, in the upper right.....
Click on drop-down menu at UR point total.
Click on "Combine Points".
Fill in Account # of card you want to transfer to, fill in last name, and press button. That's all I do, and points are instantly transferred from Freedom to Ink Bold account.
You said:
"Click on "Combine Points".
Fill in Account # of card you want to transfer to, fill in last name, and press button. That's all I do, and points are instantly transferred from Freedom to Ink Bold account."

The only way to transfer points from your FM to your Ink was to hit the combine points and than hit " Add spouse/domestic partner" right?
Did you read this there?

I certify that this card belongs to me or my spouse/domestic partner.

"The card information entered here will be saved for future transactions".

You added yourself as the spouse or domestic partner of yourself

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Dec 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:19 pm

You said:
"Click on "Combine Points".
Fill in Account # of card you want to transfer to, fill in last name, and press button. That's all I do, and points are instantly transferred from Freedom to Ink Bold account."

The only way to transfer points from your FM to your Ink was to hit the combine points and than hit " Add spouse/domestic partner" right?
Did you read this there?

I certify that this card belongs to me or my spouse/domestic partner.

"The card information entered here will be saved for future transactions".

You added yourself as the spouse or domestic partner of yourself
The card does belong to me.
And yes, the card information is saved for future transactions, so you do not have to re-enter it the next time. You can, however, change the target card for any future transaction. You have the option, during future transactions, of deleting the target card and entering a new one, as long as it belongs to you or your spouse/domestic partner.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:43 am

I'm having similar issues. I have transferred between my wife's account and my account a few times and it always worked fine. I went to do it the other day and it didn't work. We can both transfer points between our own business and personal account, but not between each other's account. I click the button that I am her spouse, but I get the unexpected error. Glad to know it's not just me having the problem.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
I'm having similar issues. I have transferred between my wife's account and my account a few times and it always worked fine. I went to do it the other day and it didn't work. We can both transfer points between our own business and personal account, but not between each other's account. I click the button that I am her spouse, but I get the unexpected error. Glad to know it's not just me having the problem.
Wanted to give an update on my post. I sent a SM to Chase and they just gave me the details about how to do the transfer. They said if I couldn't get it to work to give them the account number and amount of points and they would handle the transfer.

I was actually able to get the transfer to go through with a little luck. I used Internet Explore 8 which isn't compatible with a lot of websites. I signed into Chase and went to UR and was taken to the old version of UR. I typed in all of my information and my transfer went through fine. Not sure if this help anyone, but hopefully so.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dshelbyjr
Wanted to give an update on my post. I sent a SM to Chase and they just gave me the details about how to do the transfer. They said if I couldn't get it to work to give them the account number and amount of points and they would handle the transfer.

I was actually able to get the transfer to go through with a little luck. I used Internet Explore 8 which isn't compatible with a lot of websites. I signed into Chase and went to UR and was taken to the old version of UR. I typed in all of my information and my transfer went through fine. Not sure if this help anyone, but hopefully so.
...still can't get anything to work between my Ink/Freedom accounts. None of these "tricks" have worked for me, and I haven't been able to get Chase to help out...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip
...still can't get anything to work between my Ink/Freedom accounts. None of these "tricks" have worked for me, and I haven't been able to get Chase to help out...
You have to pretend to be your own spouse /partner first. if that didn't work, tweet them for help. I like their twitter support.

They micromanaged the UR website and screwed up something.

Tweet chasesupport
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread brought me to visit UR website first time in months and i honestly dont like the new design.

It took me a long time to find the Combined Points function. However I was able to transfer my husband's Freedom points to my Freedom account of which he is an AU. It is the same method as before - typed in card number and last name of cardholder, off it went.

I have same log in for both business and personal cards. On UR site, it listed Freedom, Ink+ and Ink Cash as eligible account on the From side, BUT only 2 Inks as eligible on the To side, plus a box to add new card. Odd - meaning I can transfer Freedom pts to Ink pts, but not vice versa, at least not without going thru Add A Card function. Though I cannot imagine who would need to transfer from real UR pts to baby UR pts.

I was able to transfer 10K from my Freedom to my Ink+ by highlighting the From and To, and entered the amount on the next screen, then confirmed it after review.

My guess is, if the names on the cards match, there is no issue. Or, if you have both personal and biz under one log in, you also dont have issue. My Freedom and Ink Cash do not have middle initial on the cards, but it does not seem to be an issue to prevent transfer to Ink +.

Though I do feel that by tweaking the UR site, Chase has made it user-unfriendly to perform tasks. However they have no choice due to the former easy to transfer ability facilitates selling of UR points. There is a poster in the Chase closure thread that he got a warning letter from Chase for selling 140K UR pts even recently...
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:36 pm

hello,
I am also in same boat right now. I was transffering my spouse's points to my account. it let me add my card numbers and when it came to final "review" stage, it gave me error of stating "unexpected error". I am very worried right now. will I ever able to do transfer again? Any help please. Any update from OP or anyone who was in same situation?

I am hoping that its temporary technical glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.