Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by beltway
My DW's CSP was linked to my Freedom card several weeks ago & we've made one or two experimental transfers, but it's not working now. The CONTINUE button does nothing.
Update on this: I reported the issue to Chase's Twitter rep, who gave idiotic advice on how to address the problem. Instead, we unlinked my Freedom card from my DW's account and, after a suitable wait (see below), successfully requested a transfer (thereby re-linking the Freedom).

Originally Posted by dajoip
There can only be one link to/from a card. If your card is linked to any other account, the transfer will fail. Additionally, you cannot link a card within 24 hours of it having been unlinked from a different account. So make sure your card is not currently linked anywhere, and then make sure you've waited 24 hours before attempting another transfer.
It seems to be more a once/calendar day rule, at least in some cases. We unlinked my Freedom yesterday afternoon, and were able to relink (and transfer to) it this morning, well under 24 hours later. Perhaps this is an exception because it wasn't the first time linking to this card.

Last edited by beltway; Mar 10, 2015 at 10:13 am
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Update on this: I reported the issue to Chase's Twitter rep, who gave idiotic on how to address the problem. Instead, we unlinked my Freedom card from my DW's account and, after a suitable wait (see below), successfully requested a transfer (thereby re-linking the Freedom).
I ran into the same problem today and stumbled upon this thread. I have four relevant Chase logins:
1. My personal
2. My business
3. Wife's personal
4. Wife's business

I wanted to move some points from #4 to #1, but couldn't, presumably since #1 (my personal) is already linked to #2 (my business). There are currently no points in Account #3.

So I transferred the points from #4 to #2, in the process creating a linkage between my wife's and my personal cards.

Then I transferred the points from #2 to #1 (an already saved linkage) with no issue.

Bit of a pain, and it would be nice if they let you (a) link a card between your own accounts AND your spouse's or at least (b) provide a meaningful error message ("The account you are transferring the points into is already linked to another Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Please choose another account to transfer the points into, or unlink that account by following the directions below, wait 24 hours, and then come back to this page to combine your points.")

Last edited by md125; Mar 10, 2015 at 9:36 am
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:48 pm
formerly mattrendell27

I want to apply for the Chase Freedom and I'm curious about the transferability of the UR points earned on the Freedom to my wife's UR account (she has CSP and freedom). I do not have a CSP and don't want to apply right now because I have limited credit history. However I was pre-qualified for Freedom on Chase's website. So would I be able to transfer my Freedom UR points to my wife's CSP through the "combine points" tab?

It seems like the answer is yes, the only thing that got me thinking was would the "combine points" tab be in your account if you only have one card in your name?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
I want to apply for the Chase Freedom and I'm curious about the transferability of the UR points earned on the Freedom to my wife's UR account (she has CSP and freedom). I do not have a CSP and don't want to apply right now because I have limited credit history. However I was pre-qualified for Freedom on Chase's website. So would I be able to transfer my Freedom UR points to my wife's CSP through the "combine points" tab?

It seems like the answer is yes, the only thing that got me thinking was would the "combine points" tab be in your account if you only have one card in your name?
The "combine points" option is available regardless of how many UR-earning cards you have. So yes, you could transfer your Freedom UR points to your wife's CSP.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I've been trying to transfer points from my husband's Ink (separate login) to his Sapphire for months now, and I keep getting "unexpected error." Any specific phone number I can call to remedy this? So irritating that they haven't gotten this fixed yet.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by blase
I've been trying to transfer points from my husband's Ink (separate login) to his Sapphire for months now, and I keep getting "unexpected error." Any specific phone number I can call to remedy this? So irritating that they haven't gotten this fixed yet.
Are the accounts already linked, or do you encounter this problem in the course of trying to link them?
Old May 3, 2015, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by blase
https://twitter.com/chasesupport is where you raise the issue.
The number is 1888-622-7547 Tell them it is a wide spread problem. I just dialed/tested that number on Sunday at 11:55 PM and someone picked up the call right away. You will have more success with this line than calling the numbers on the back of your card.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This morning I was able to consolidate points from all of our various Chase credit card accounts directly into one Ultimate Rewards account. This is the first time I have been able to complete the process on the first attempt in several months.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by robbert
Click on your points balance on the top right and then select "combine points", this works just as it used to in the past.
No, it doesn't.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by 0limits
I had to "unlink" my CSP from my own Chase account, wait 24 hours, then I could link it to my spouse's account.

Here's how to "unlink": login to your Chase UR acct. Hover over your points in the upper right corner for the drop down menu to show, then click on Combine Points. Pick your UR card you usually link FROM to continue, then on the next window that opens, you should see your CSP on the right column to link TO with an option that says "Remove Card." Just click on that, wait 24 hours for it to clear their system, then you should be able to link your CSP to your spouse's card to transfer points.
This solved the problem for me.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PRHusky
As a result of continuous "unexpected errors", an additional 45k points transfer to Hyatt was processed than I intended. My calls to Chase have not been able to resolve the issue. First call took place a month ago. They keep "escalating" the issue, but that has not achieved anything. They also keep telling me that this is a marketing department issue, but will not let me talk directly to marketing.

Any ideas or suggestions as far as what I can do to settle this matter? Thanks.
Update: it took almost two months and countless calls, but eventually Chase did credit 45k points back to my account. The strange thing is that the extra transfer to Hyatt was nevere reversed, so I ended up with an extra 45k Hyatt points!

No complaints.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
https://twitter.com/chasesupport is where you raise the issue.
The number is 1888-622-7547 Tell them it is a wide spread problem. I just dialed/tested that number on Sunday at 11:55 PM and someone picked up the call right away. You will have more success with this line than calling the numbers on the back of your card.
I called this number.. it is the executive customer service line.. Rep asked if I had tried the regular number.. I said I googled this issue and this was the number that I found.. She was pleasant.. She wasn't able to resolve my combining points issue but she did transfer the points for me (Freedom to Ink - both in my name)

She is also going to follow up with the UR dept to see if they can resolve the error message I'm receiving.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I was getting the error message today when trying to xfer my wife's UR to my acct. The de-link trick wouldn't work (couldn't get to the proper page) so I tried with the IE browser. Success. Smooth as silk. HT to 'beltway' for reminding me of this thread.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

Anybody experiences problem combining chased ultimate reward points?

i was trying to move some of my chase freedom points to my ink plus account. Have been trying to do so yesterday and today but the screen just stayed the same after I hit continue numerous time, simply would not let me proceed forward.

Wonder anyone has experienced the same problem and has a solution to it, thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I know that you can transfer points form your Freedom account to your Ink or Sapphire Preferred card. Been there, done that.
I know you can also transfer points between accounts of you and your spouse/partner. Been there, done that, too.

Let's say you have both the Freedom and the Ink. Your spouse only has the Freedom. Can you move points from the wife's Freedom card account to your Freedom (or Ink) account?

For example, if a couple wants to minimize their combined annual fees, but still enjoy earning UR points, this seems like a good way to go - assuming it works.

Does it? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.