Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase has stopped transfers to Korean Air [now back]

Chase has stopped transfers to Korean Air [now back]

Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Smile Chase has stopped transfers to Korean Air [now back]

I just went to transfer miles to book my honeymoon flights - mine transferred fine, and I went to transfer to my wife's account and it gave me an error.

I called Chase and they said they have removed the ability to transfer to Korean Airlines, with no notice at all and no further information.

Wonderful.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:27 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Did you try calling again?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:02 pm

KE does seem to be missing from the Ultimate Rewards transfer page. No notice anywhere of any change. Troubling if this is a permanent thing.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Yep, plug was pulled today...no notice whatsoever. Just spoke with a rep and even she was surprised and unaware. Not sure which party ended the partnership but if this is final another devaluation.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Chase told me it was Korean Air's decision, but I spoke with the Skypass department at KE after and they had no idea it happened.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:38 pm

This is terrible. Was a nice way to get on skyteam using chase points. Ugh. Interesting that this happened not long after another Asian carrier (Singapore) was added...How many months later? Maybe this was planned but not announced?

Any thoughts on another Skyteam carrier being added?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
I feel bad for those who have orphaned miles. I heard one person who transferred the miles to KE for himself, but not his wife - now he's stuck with enough miles just for himself.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:42 pm

I see it on CSP UR site. Not pulled!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
I feel bad for those who have orphaned miles. I heard one person who transferred the miles to KE for himself, but not his wife - now he's stuck with enough miles just for himself.
Sounds like me...

Chase said it's not their problem that I'm stuck with 80k in KE... nice customer service.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by j-rad
Sounds like me...

Chase said it's not their problem that I'm stuck with 80k in KE... nice customer service.
That's not right at all..sorry to hear that
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:29 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by j-rad
Sounds like me...

Maybe chase is trying to hint something at you?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I see it on CSP UR site. Not pulled!
It's gone for me.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:59 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
take it with a grain of salt, one Chase rep said the partnership ended last week on the 16th and they're just updating the site now.

said KE was too difficult to work with which I guess kinda makes sense cause they arent the most straight forward FFP/redemption airline out there. have to jump thru several hoops and for those who arent mile nerds like us, it can be quite a confusing hassle for your avg Chase customer or even service reps.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by farbster
This is terrible. Was a nice way to get on skyteam using chase points. Ugh. Interesting that this happened not long after another Asian carrier (Singapore) was added...How many months later? Maybe this was planned but not announced?

Any thoughts on another Skyteam carrier being added?

I'll go out on a giant limb and say Aeroflot
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plt, Hyatt Plt, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold.
Gone for me as well. I don't recall any updates from Chase. If they did pull KE without any notice that would be rather unfortunate and a poor showing on Chase's part. I was looking forward to flying on KE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.