Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can I combine Chase British Airways miles with Citi AAdvantage? Chase Sapphire Pref?

Can I combine Chase British Airways miles with Citi AAdvantage? Chase Sapphire Pref?

Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by umc
Well, I think it's still good value if you want to burn your miles on luxury travel and have no other option. Business class on Eva Air or Asiana is good enough for me. Of course, you may think otherwise.

I don't think Singapore has direct flight from LAX to ICN. They fly SFO-ICN for 65,875 miles + $205.50 in business (one-way), and 74,375 miles + $218.50 in first (one-way). This flight is operated by Boeing 777-300ER.

From LAX, they have direct flight to Tokyo for the same amount of miles, but you get to to fly A380. I guess you can do LAX-NRT-ICN for more miles. I have not checked this.
I think it's terrific to get business class on EVA or ASIANA.
However, the UA just seems rather difficult. As you said, with Singapore Air, I can get into first class for way fewer miles (74375).

Originally Posted by moondog
In the context of the big picture of all frequent flyer schemes, UA's redemption levels and other policies are actually still quite good (i.e. try earning and spending --before the miles expire!-- in pretty much any Asian FFP and you'll think more fondly of UA). But, it just so happens that AA's and AS's FFPs remain extremely good.
I may sign up for the Korean Air credit card, unless Asiana Air also has one.
I travel to Korea and China often and those two carriers have the routes I need.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:39 pm
umc

However, the UA just seems rather difficult. As you said, with Singapore Air, I can get into first class for way fewer miles (74375).
This is not a fair comparison because it's much harder to get saver award ticket with Singapore Airlines. Try to grab a first class ticket on Singapore Air at saver level and you'll see how hard it is. You can check and compare availability on Singapore Air site and United site to see the difference.

Singapore Air is a transfer partner with Chase, Citi, and Amex. We can collect hundred thousands of Krisflyer miles with ease now. So, it's a competitive market for saver award seats.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by umc
This is not a fair comparison because it's much harder to get saver award ticket with Singapore Airlines. Try to grab a first class ticket on Singapore Air at saver level and you'll see how hard it is. You can check and compare availability on Singapore Air site and United site to see the difference.

Singapore Air is a transfer partner with Chase, Citi, and Amex. We can collect hundred thousands of Krisflyer miles with ease now. So, it's a competitive market for saver award seats.
business class would be fine.

i guess i need another strategy for my go-to routes though (LAX to East China or LAX to ICN).
my go-to strategy was KAL but it's gone now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.