Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:03 am

Is there still an active link for the Ink Bold or would I have a better chance at a physical branch? This is what happens when I focus on school and not on FT. :P
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by satz
S/he asking about the automatic status over the phone. 2 weeks is pending, 7-10 days is denied. This has been my experience and that's what's been reported on DD
I was denied on a recent Ink Bold app, but the automated line gives the "2 weeks" message. Draw your own conclusions.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: UA
Update: just received denial mail, so absurd. It said my maximum credit from Chase was reached, and not long enough biz history.

What's my chance if I call to relocate some credit from other cards? Advice needed. Thx

Last edited by beyond986; Oct 25, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by beyond986
Update: just received denial mail, so absurd. It said my maximum credit from Chase was reached, and not long enough biz history.

What's my chance if I call to relocate some credit from other cards? Advice needed. Thx

If you do call, please post your results here. I am curious to know if they would even consider it since the Bold is no longer a product offered by Chase.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:01 pm

Applied bold before it was gone on 10/20, was given a ref# and asked to call asap. Called next morning, after being grilled by JASON for 15 mins, got approved with 5k. Today I called the automatic line to check the status, got notification within 7-10 days message. Is that normal? I heard 7-10 days message usually meant denial . Worried
JASON
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by aradisc
JASON
This should be interesting. lol
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
This should be interesting. lol
Why? Denial mail arrived yesterday. So confused. Clearly got approved over phone, dunno what happened.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:28 pm

Why? Denial mail arrived yesterday. So confused. Clearly got approved over phone, dunno what happened.
Call back and tell them this. This has happened to me once before
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Call back and tell them this. This has happened to me once before
Did they approve you after you called back? mind tell some details? Thank you.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:59 pm

Did they approve you after you called back? mind tell some details? Thank you.
Yes, they approved . That's why I said
I just said
"i was approved a couple days but I guess it didn't stick..." Can you fix it...etc
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:11 pm

Ink Bold <possibly> dead in Colorado branches

Just wanted to report a data point. I went into a Chase branch last Friday, Oct 24 here in Colorado to apply for an Ink Bold before it went away. From what I read on frequent miler's blog, it is supposed to go away November 16. However, it looks like it is already dead in Colorado (or just the branch I went to). The person who helped me at the branch said that their systems won't even let him put in an application for the Ink Bold. I don't know if they were just driving people away from the Ink Bold and to the Ink Plus instead but he did not seem deceitful to me.

Anyway, I applied for the Ink Plus 70k instead, called recon, got asked questions regarding my business, told the I reached maximum exposure, sent to another department for review, and finally, had to send in my business paperwork for them to verify my business. Should have a final decision by Monday or Tuesday. Man, I did not get this much scrutiny for my Ink Bold and first Ink Plus (both sole proprietorship/ssn).
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:55 am

I was denied for the Ink Bold previously, and I read on the myFico forums that the Ink Plus is even harder to get (more questions about your business, etc.). Would the Ink Cash be easier to get?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
Just wanted to report a data point. I went into a Chase branch last Friday, Oct 24 here in Colorado to apply for an Ink Bold before it went away. From what I read on frequent miler's blog, it is supposed to go away November 16. However, it looks like it is already dead in Colorado (or just the branch I went to). The person who helped me at the branch said that their systems won't even let him put in an application for the Ink Bold. I don't know if they were just driving people away from the Ink Bold and to the Ink Plus instead but he did not seem deceitful to me.

Anyway, I applied for the Ink Plus 70k instead, called recon, got asked questions regarding my business, told the I reached maximum exposure, sent to another department for review, and finally, had to send in my business paperwork for them to verify my business. Should have a final decision by Monday or Tuesday. Man, I did not get this much scrutiny for my Ink Bold and first Ink Plus (both sole proprietorship/ssn).
So the Ink 70k offer is still alive in branch?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I wonder what will replace it?!?!?! New sign on bonus time?!?!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
Just wanted to report a data point. I went into a Chase branch last Friday, Oct 24 here in Colorado to apply for an Ink Bold before it went away. From what I read on frequent miler's blog, it is supposed to go away November 16. However, it looks like it is already dead in Colorado (or just the branch I went to). The person who helped me at the branch said that their systems won't even let him put in an application for the Ink Bold.
It's been dead at branches for awhile. That was the first heads up we got that it was going away: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/52594

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.