Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Bold being eliminated in November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by swag
I applied on the 11th, and was approved on the 20th.
I applied over 3 weeks ago, got the "pending" screen. I did *not* call them, just waited politely. As I expected, they went ahead and reallocated a little credit from one of my many other Chase cards.

I noticed the new account appeared online late last week, I got the congratulations email yesterday, and the paper notification in the postal mail today. My new Ink Bold Card is expected in the mail tomorrow.

Just slipped in under the wire!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I applied over 3 weeks ago, got the "pending" screen. I did *not* call them, just waited politely. As I expected, they went ahead and reallocated a little credit from one of my many other Chase cards.

I noticed the new account appeared online late last week, I got the congratulations email yesterday, and the paper notification in the postal mail today. My new Ink Bold Card is expected in the mail tomorrow.

Just slipped in under the wire!
Do you tend to feel that calling harms you more than it helps based on recent data points on here or based on your recent personal experiences with Chase? Congrats on being approved!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Do you tend to feel that calling harms you more than it helps based on recent data points on here or based on your recent personal experiences with Chase? Congrats on being approved!
I can only speak for myself, but I don't call because I don't like arguing with the recon agents. So I wait to see if it gets approved automatically. If you get rejected, I believe that you can call the recon line within 30 days of applying to argue your case if needed.

Twice now on business apps I have waited, and on the next business day I was approved without having to call. Don't know why it wasn't approved instantly.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
I can only speak for myself, but I don't call because I don't like arguing with the recon agents. So I wait to see if it gets approved automatically. If you get rejected, I believe that you can call the recon line within 30 days of applying to argue your case if needed.

Twice now on business apps I have waited, and on the next business day I was approved without having to call. Don't know why it wasn't approved instantly.
Perhaps the analyst "fills in the blanks" for you instead of you nullifying those items by answering their questions on the phone with an answer different than what they would have imagined if you hadn't spoke to them :-)

The expression less is more might be apropos in this case.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Northwest, United

My recent experience with this is not the first time it has gone this way for me (on business cards, which I think are handled differently), and I feel the same (why call? let them do their thing, if it's rejected, I can always call then).

I will add that my wife HATES having to deal with recon or other messy little details. Her last 2 or 3 Chase business cards apps have gone the same way: no instant approval...she didn't call, just let it run it's course, and 2-3 weeks later positive things started turning up.

Just my data points.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Grrr-- If anybody finds a working link, a PM would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Perhaps the analyst "fills in the blanks" for you instead of you nullifying those items by answering their questions on the phone with an answer different than what they would have imagined if you hadn't spoke to them :-)

The expression less is more might be apropos in this case.

Humm, food for thought
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:53 am

Applied using the previous working link but got denied calling the recon number. Chase cited the following: low revenue, ink plus just opened a month ago.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by hellopanda520
Applied using the previous working link but got denied calling the recon number. Chase cited the following: low revenue, ink plus just opened a month ago.
Welcome to FT!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: UA
Applied bold before it was gone on 10/20, was given a ref# and asked to call asap. Called next morning, after being grilled by JASON for 15 mins, got approved with 5k. Today I called the automatic line to check the status, got notification within 7-10 days message. Is that normal? I heard 7-10 days message usually meant denial . Worried
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by beyond986
Today I called the automatic line to check the status, got notification within 7-10 days message. Is that normal? I heard 7-10 days message usually meant denial . Worried
Interesting. I applied Tuesday before the link disappeared and the automated line is not working. All it says is "press 7 to repeat this information". There is no information to repeat. No 7-10 day message, no approved message, no no application on file message. Nothing.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:30 pm

Applied bold before it was gone on 10/20, was given a ref# and asked to call asap. Called next morning, after being grilled by JASON for 15 mins, got approved with 5k. Today I called the automatic line to check the status, got notification within 7-10 days message. Is that normal? I heard 7-10 days message usually meant denial . Worried
Two weeks is usually denial. 7-10 days is usually an approval. When I was approved the computer said I would receive my card in 7 - 10 days.

The message that keeps repeating is a computer error and means nothing.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Two weeks is usually denial. 7-10 days is usually an approval. When I was approved the computer said I would receive my card in 7 - 10 days.

The message that keeps repeating is a computer error and means nothing.
S/he asking about the automatic status over the phone. 2 weeks is pending, 7-10 days is denied. This has been my experience and that's what's been reported on DD
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA
It's very weird, coz the guy said I was approved with a 5k limit. Has anyone reported being approved over phone but got denied via e/mail?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:38 pm

It's very weird, coz the guy said I was approved with a 5k limit. Has anyone reported being approved over phone but got denied via e/mail?
I have heard that scenario once in a while. I think it does not hurt to call recon line again to verify your application status and plead your case (if necessary).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.