[Consolidated] Chase Slate questions

Old Aug 23, 2014, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

[Consolidated] Chase Slate questions

Suppose I have 4 cards with around 25k CL with chase. If I apply and get approved for Slate for say 5K, can I move 10K CL from other cards and get 0% on the whole 15k?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:10 pm

Yes you can
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:34 pm

Does someone have Slate?

whata does transfer mean?
Can I transfer the money from Slate to my checking account??
or use the checking of Slate to pay the bill?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:16 pm

I assume you are talking about the balance transfer that the card is famous for. It is useful in the case if you want to transfer the balance on a different credit card to the Slate.

You likely will have a period of zero interest that would useful if you are paying interest on another card. Your chase statement for the card will tell you what your interest terms are.

Transferring funds to your checking will likely considered a cash advance meaning you get destroyed by the ~25% APR.

In summary the card is to help you pay down credit card balances faster if you are swimming in it.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:25 pm

They do have some nice balance transfer checks which you can deposit into your checking account. Usually they have a 2% fee and are good for 0% interest for 12 months.

I have two slates and personally I don't care for them. Unfortunately they are some of my oldest CC accounts so both of them will be sticking around...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.