Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Underspend on UA card: It never hurts to ask.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I mistaken only spent 1000 of the 2000 minimum spend on the 50k United Chase deal. I couldn't figure out why points were not posting, and i had mistaken jotted down that the minimum spend was 1000 in my excel spread sheet. I sent a SM to a chase rep and they said no problem and gave me the 50000 points anyway.

.....in.

Just thought I'd let you all know. Never hurts to ask.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:18 pm

wow. First I have heard of this ever happening.
Nice job.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:40 pm

Actually my offer was 80k + 50 after 1000 spent by sm matching, i think that might be an explanation to your case.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:58 am

I usually try to spend 25k annually to get the 10k bonus on the Chase United Explorer card, but last year I thought I had spent enough and then learned in Jan that I had only spent 18k. I called to cancel, and the rep wanted to know why. After explaining the situation to her, she stated that if I would just keep the card open, they would go ahead and award me the extra 10k miles. No extra spend required.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Chase is good with such things. Not so with Citi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.