Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

GF Denied Chase Biz Card, CSR Interrogated Her on VR Purchases from CVS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GF Denied Chase Biz Card, CSR Interrogated Her on VR Purchases from CVS

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 7:33 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by Tylt33
My friend just got Jason and got torn up pretty good. Denied.
woah I think I got the same DBag with an attitude problem and same result :/
Old May 6, 2014, 7:40 pm

I got approved for Ink Plus after about two minutes on the phone. No questions about the business at all. My MS with Chase has been limited though.
Old May 31, 2014, 6:23 pm

Has anyone just skipped the reconsideration line and waited for a letter to come in the mail to see if you've been approved or denied?

I'm wanting to apply for an Ink Plus in a few months which would be roughly 6 months since my first applications with Chase (got a CSP and Explorer Plus card in January). That would also be about 5 months since my last CC application. I've done a pretty routine amount of MS on each of my chase cards since I got them. I'm wondering if anyone has been approved without calling the reconsideration line?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Churrro
... I'm wondering if anyone has been approved without calling the reconsideration line?
I don't know if anybody ever gets instant approval for the Biz cards, but you absolutely can wait and get approved (and *should* IMO, if you don't have a lot of new accounts/inquiries and a high credit score). My wife just got approved for Ink Plus after 4 days without a call. On my original Ink Bold approval last year I didn't call either. The only time I did call I got killed on a United Biz and was *not* approved, and I got an extra Experian inquiry for calling. (called same day, too)
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:09 pm

My mother waited and got approved for the Ink Bold with no revenues for her start up. No MS though
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

After being with Chase for roughly a year with a single Amazon credit card, I was automatically approved for my Ink Bold within 24 hours (Aug 2013, ~2k revenue for business). I figured this out by calling the recon line 24 hours after my application to go through the motions. The CSR said it was already approved after checking up on my application.

Recently, a long term Chase customer friend applied in October-Dec 2013 for Chase SW Business Premier and got denied via mail. He called into the recon line and got approved with very easy qusetions. He asked the CSR why he wasn't initially approved. The CSR said that if an applicant really wanted the card, the applicant would call in. If they do, they will get approved given it passes the simple recon line screening.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
woah I think I got the same DBag with an attitude problem and same result :/
I think I did, too. He knew anything and everything about MS, and also proceeded to tell me that whoever approved me for my Ink Bold was an idiot because "there was no mathematical way I could pay off my card" with what I make each month. Ridiculous. The guy had a terrible attitude, and even when I tried to make small talk, he wouldn't take any nonsense. He tried citing some compliance officer or something, which I didn't understand.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by The Forward Cabin
I think I did, too. He knew anything and everything about MS, and also proceeded to tell me that whoever approved me for my Ink Bold was an idiot because "there was no mathematical way I could pay off my card" with what I make each month. Ridiculous. The guy had a terrible attitude, and even when I tried to make small talk, he wouldn't take any nonsense. He tried citing some compliance officer or something, which I didn't understand.
Was this Today?
Anyway, This is exactly why I sat this one out!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by kingrat
My wife rolled her eyes when I wanted her to call in and change her BB to Serve...
I roll my eyes at myself for considering it. After the ordeal I went through to even get working BB card in the first place (account frozen 4x), I don't want to rock the boat w/ amex prepaid dept.

I don't mind cc recon, though
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:01 am

Seems to me like it's a CSR actually doing their job

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.