Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

.02 balance, Chase issued a credit adjustment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

So after purchases and credits for the return of some merchandise I ended up with a .02 balance due on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card this month. Chase issued a .02 "credit adjustment" to zero out my balance. Never seen this with a credit card before and I've had some low balances on various accounts.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:22 pm

Maybe it costs them more than .02 to process a payment so they decided to comp you?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:13 pm

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/879297/
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by mot29
So after purchases and credits for the return of some merchandise I ended up with a .02 balance due on my Chase Sapphire Preferred card this month. Chase issued a .02 "credit adjustment" to zero out my balance. Never seen this with a credit card before and I've had some low balances on various accounts.
I had Chase do the same for me on a SWA Business CC with a $0.05 balance. I assume it is more expensive for them to send my paper statement; so, it certainly makes sense.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Chase always writes off balances of up to $0.99 on their credit cards. It's a pretty common practice among the major card issuers.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by MidnightLight
Chase always writes off balances of up to $0.99 on their credit cards. It's a pretty common practice among the major card issuers.
Time to hit the 99-cent store once a month with the cards I've been holding onto just as a bargaining chip!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I normally pay down my credit cards to $0 before the statement closes, whenever possible. Is there any reason not to pay it down to $0.99 instead, and take the free money?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:29 pm

I recently charged a buck for an amazon gift card to keep Discover card active. When I went to pay it off today, a buck was credited to my account. Earned 1 point for "Everywhere Else" category and 10 points for "Online bill pay rewards"?? Bonus!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I went to buy a sports drink on a jog once with a Barclaycard US Air Mastercard. The drink turned out to be on sale for $0.89. I had no other money so I went ahead figuring I'd buy something bigger one day to make it up to the merchant.

Barclays waived the charge so I got 35,001 free USAir miles.

My daughter got a Kohls.com charge down to $0.01 after nested discounts once. We figured Kohl's would never run the charge since it would cost them more to run the charge than to collect it. But, the 1 cent showed up on my Freedom card the next month.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by highops
My daughter got a Kohls.com charge down to $0.01 after nested discounts once. We figured Kohl's would never run the charge since it would cost them more to run the charge than to collect it. But, the 1 cent showed up on my Freedom card the next month.
I assume large retailers have flat-rate or bulk transaction fee agreements so they never lose on any particular charge
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
I assume large retailers have flat-rate or bulk transaction fee agreements so they never lose on any particular charge
These days most people pay percentage, they don't take the whole thing under a dollar anytmore.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
It looks like Chase is no longer granting small credit adjustments. On my last statement, I was billed $0.99.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by hightide
It looks like Chase is no longer granting small credit adjustments. On my last statement, I was billed $0.99.
Same here. Four different Chase cards all just closed and charged me $0.99 each when they had previously been crediting my account for that amount.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:25 pm

Similar story... I had a zero percent offer on my Menards BIG account so I set up repeating payments to make sure it got paid off in time. Turns out that my account ended up w/ a $0.05 credit (I overpayed) due to rounding each payment. The following month, they zeroed it out and kept my nickel! Goes both ways, I guess.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:15 pm

That's my money. I had them take away my 8 cents they owed me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.