Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
The 2nd statement of my Ink Plus closed today, and I didn't get the 70K bonus UR points that I was expecting. The date of purchase that put me over $5K was on 10/19; statement closed on 10/23. In the past I've experienced a 1 month delay in bonus points when the final qualifying purchase was, say, 1-2 days before the statement close, but this was 4 days. I've actually made several purchases since then (large and small). And before anybody asks, I subtracted the annual fee as well as any VSE credits and all refunds. My wife got bonus points; her statement closed the same date as mine. Is it worth SMing Chase?
"IF" you never had this card b4 SM if you are worried-- as it sounds like you are very concerned --I would not SM --,as you said purchases done a few days b4 statement closes does not always generate bonus
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:08 am

One more issue, a complicated one.

When my wife to a local Chase branch to apply for the 70K offer (when it was offered in branch only) a couple months ago, the bank's computer system was having problems so the business banker applied via Chase.com on their computer. She assured us that my wife would get the full 70K even though the online public link was for 50K only. My wife was approved, and when the card arrived, we called Chase to make sure the 70K offer would be honored like the banker said. They said they would review it, and we got an official answer from them in the mail about a week later-- they wanted me to contact them when she reaches $5K spend, and they would give us 10K extra points and waive the first year annual fee; in short, that's like taking $95 instead of 10K. I called again, and they wouldn't budge. It's not a bad offer, but not the offer we were promised. I contacted the banker at the branch, and she again assured us that when we hit the $5K spend, she would ensure we got the full 70K, despite what Chase told me. I spoke with her recently, and she said she worked things out with Chase and the full points would post in December.

Today her statement closed and only 50K posted as expected. Should I rely on the banker and wait til December statement closes (12/23) or should I contact Chase? I'm worried that if the banker's guarantee falls through, the 2 month delay will cause Chase to withdraw their offer to give my wife the extra 10K. What would you do?
Need to be proactive on this ( or do as my last paragraph ), I do not believe banker has it under control also i think she does not have the power she thinks she has -- since wife did the spend the credit card area can post the difference as good will of some type and those points will show up on her account immediately -- no need to wait till Dec -she needs to visit bank and make the call to Ink in front of banker --speak only to a supervisor at Ink and have banker handle call after you explain to ink supervisor the story -banker has an employee nbr to ID her to ink

if this does not work do not let the offer of 10k and no fee they offered get away --to me it is now like a 60k with no fee --you can take the $95 you save and go to staples by 13 $200 gift cards and get 13k points for a total of
50+10+ 13 =73k ALL with NO AGGRAVATION at same $95 cost
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Wondering if my situation is worth calling recon line, or letting it go.:

I applied for the Ink Plus during the 70k offer and after a lengthy wait was rejected via mail. I currently have numerous personal Chase cards, the Ink Bold for my business, and both personal and business checking accounts at Chase. My business is legit, though fairly new and small. I have about $62k in business assets which should assure Chase that I have more than enough to cover a modest credit line. I have applied for some other cards this year, so there are some recent hits on my credit report. I was also carrying an uncharacteristically high balance when I applied due to purchasing multiple airline tickets, but I have paid that off and my utilization rate is surely much lower now. Should I call recon on this or is it not worth it? Has anyone seen a 70k offer on Ink in previous years (or CSP for that matter)?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:12 am

The 2nd statement of my Ink Plus closed today, and I didn't get the 70K bonus UR points that I was expecting. The date of purchase that put me over $5K was on 10/19; statement closed on 10/23. In the past I've experienced a 1 month delay in bonus points when the final qualifying purchase was, say, 1-2 days before the statement close, but this was 4 days. I've actually made several purchases since then (large and small). And before anybody asks, I subtracted the annual fee as well as any VSE credits and all refunds. My wife got bonus points; her statement closed the same date as mine. Is it worth SMing Chase?
You might want to wait 3 days, for my 2nd statement. I've met my spending right before 1st and haven't gotten the bonus. If I won't get on my 2nd we can panic together
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by avagyan
You might want to wait 3 days, for my 2nd statement. I've met my spending right before 1st and haven't gotten the bonus. If I won't get on my 2nd we can panic together
I'm in the same boat! Didn't spend my $5K fast enough. Usually, I always get the bonus offer on the first statement closing. I'm not going to panic yet, will wait for the next statement to close, not in need of any more Chase points right now.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Business Assets is your value, Chase likes to see Cash being deposited in their bank.

It shows business income.

62k is just unsold items being valued at retail.

Having problems put money in the Chase Account.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:46 am

applied 10/8, finally got approved today 10/24

just waited it out, didnt call in
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA, AA
Originally Posted by Jesperss
applied 10/8, finally got approved today 10/24

just waited it out, didnt call in
same here too, applied earlier this month via online, chase emailed:

-----------------------------------------
Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.

Here's what you can expect next:

*We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

*If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

*If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

About a week after the application, approved by email and got the card a few days later.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I'm in the same boat! Didn't spend my $5K fast enough. Usually, I always get the bonus offer on the first statement closing. I'm not going to panic yet, will wait for the next statement to close, not in need of any more Chase points right now.
Just to let you know, I've just got my point my points on 2nd statement (even though I was expecting on 1st). So you guys are fine And In case if you want to call, I'd suggest against it (for at least another month)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Just to let you know, I've just got my point my points on 2nd statement (even though I was expecting on 1st). So you guys are fine And In case if you want to call, I'd suggest against it (for at least another month)
It's very common for the points to post on the next statement following meeting the spend requirements. Don't worry, they will show up. If they don't show up after the next cycle, THEN call. Otherwise, if you call now, the CSR will just tell you to wait.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by 949
same here too, applied earlier this month via online, chase emailed:

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.

Here's what you can expect next:

*We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision.

*If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take advantage of everything your card has to offer.

*If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card

About a week after the application, approved by email and got the card a few days later.
I got the same response 3 weeks ago (although strangely the message has disappeared from my inbox - but I did save a copy). Still no response from Chase. Should I call them now or keep waiting? They didn't leave a phone number or any information on how to contact them about the application status.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I got the same response 3 weeks ago (although strangely the message has disappeared from my inbox - but I did save a copy). Still no response from Chase. Should I call them now or keep waiting? They didn't leave a phone number or any information on how to contact them about the application status.
Will this is bizarre - 5 minutes after posting this I got the following email:

Congratulations! You've been approved for an Ink Plus business credit card. You should receive your card in the mail very soon.

Thank you for the opportunity to put Ink from Chase to work for your business.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Applied on 10/19, approved on 10/28

did not call in, just waited it out, checking every few days on the automated line. had 2-3 inquiries in the last year, and checked my CR before applying.

they assigned a credit line very comparable to what we have with other large financial providers, almost uncanny how much it matched.

presumably if you have solid credit metrics and income it seems like waiting it out is ok, rather than debating with their credit analysts on the phone.

thanks for others posting their experiences on this threat.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Got an email on Oct 21 saying i should receive my card with in 2-3 business days...now a week later haven't received it yet....how long have you waited for the card?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Applied on 10/15, approved today without calling in. Smaller credit line (5k) than any other card, but I already have four personal cards with Chase, so pleased to get it without recon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.