Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:28 am

Just want to say that statement cut today and 50k points awarded. Secured message to let them know that I made the required spend and would love to get the 70k offer that was available in branch. They said that offer had an AF and awarded me 10k.

I'm happy with that! 60k UR is great to me.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:36 am

I would rather the extra 10K with the AF. I value UR over 1cpm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:27 am

No bonus points yet?

Hi--I signed up for the 70k offer of the card in a Chase branch. My last statement closed on 9/17 and I reached over $5000 in spending. No bonus points have posted to my account. Is this normal? Should I send a message?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas
Hi--I signed up for the 70k offer of the card in a Chase branch. My last statement closed on 9/17 and I reached over $5000 in spending. No bonus points have posted to my account. Is this normal? Should I send a message?

Thanks!
You may have spent over $5,000 in charges, but your charges may not have all posted prior to your statement closing.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
You may have spent over $5,000 in charges, but your charges may not have all posted prior to your statement closing.
Thanks for replying. They did all post on the last 2 statements...about $5300 (over 2 months) which includes the $95 fee, so about $5200 without the yearly fee. I thought for sure I'd see the points post by today. Maybe I will give it another day.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas
Thanks for replying. They did all post on the last 2 statements...about $5300 (over 2 months) which includes the $95 fee, so about $5200 without the yearly fee. I thought for sure I'd see the points post by today. Maybe I will give it another day.
If the transaction that put you over $5,000 occurred close to your closing date, you may not receive your bonus until the next statement.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:59 pm

Any idea how much longer this offer will last?

I have a business with which I have never applied for any Ink cards. I suppose that I need to get the Bold first, so I can justify needing the Plus with its credit line. If its possible to get the Bold later with no fuss, I would rather get the Plus while the 70K offer is still around.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:51 pm

Any update MissDaisyofTexas?

Last edited by yOyOYoo; Sep 26, 2014 at 12:46 pm Reason: poor formatting of post with flyertalk iphone app
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by wsflyer
If the transaction that put you over $5,000 occurred close to your closing date, you may not receive your bonus until the next statement.
Exactly. How long before your closing date did your $5k transaction take place? There have been reports of them needing to have happened 7-10 days before your closing date in order for the points to post on that statement.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by waylook
Any idea how much longer this offer will last?

I have a business with which I have never applied for any Ink cards. I suppose that I need to get the Bold first, so I can justify needing the Plus with its credit line. If its possible to get the Bold later with no fuss, I would rather get the Plus while the 70K offer is still around.
At Chase retail locations it's around until the end of September.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:32 pm
In memoriam

Got a US Mail offer today for 70K bonus, 5K spend, $95 annual fee not waived. Good to October 24, 2014 per the letter.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Got a US Mail offer today for 70K bonus, 5K spend, $95 annual fee not waived. Good to October 24, 2014 per the letter.
is there a number to call or an RSVP code?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Very odd. Posted earlier in this thread, updating now:

- Applied for/approved for Ink Plus MC and Ink Bold MC about 18 months ago for my business. Hit bonuses and otherwise moved most of my business spending elsewhere. Kept recurring 5x bills (cable/internet/phone) on Ink Bold before canceling it and moving it to Ink Plus. Received bonuses, obviously.
- Applied for/approved for Ink Bold VISA for same business about nine months ago. Confirmed I would receive bonus upon hitting spend and received bonus. Moved recurring bills back to Ink Plus MC.
- Was sent new Ink Plus VISA to replace Ink Plus MC. Activated and used.
- Received 70k mailer for same business for Ink Plus VISA. Applied and was told upon recon approval that I wouldn't receive bonus, but that I should talk to CSR upon receiving the card about waiving the annual fee/throwing in a smaller bonus since the materials sent to me were misleading. At time of approval, had to move 5k of annual limit from existing Ink Plus VISA to new one.
- Called to confirm card activation and was told that I would receive 70k for spend.
- At some point during the ensuing two months, the first Ink Plus VISA account was closed by Chase.
- Completed spend and had 70k pts post with my new Ink Plus VISA statement on Thursday.

All that's weird. Even weirder: today, I go get the mail and what do I find but ANOTHER 70k mailer for the same business for a new Ink Plus VISA card? Not going to apply for it because I don't want to piss off Chase, but I cannot fathom how I am getting that application for what would be the third Ink Plus for the same business. Just a datapoint.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Very odd. Posted earlier in this thread, updating now:

- Applied for/approved for Ink Plus MC and Ink Bold MC about 18 months ago for my business. Hit bonuses and otherwise moved most of my business spending elsewhere. Kept recurring 5x bills (cable/internet/phone) on Ink Bold before canceling it and moving it to Ink Plus. Received bonuses, obviously.
- Applied for/approved for Ink Bold VISA for same business about nine months ago. Confirmed I would receive bonus upon hitting spend and received bonus. Moved recurring bills back to Ink Plus MC.
- Was sent new Ink Plus VISA to replace Ink Plus MC. Activated and used.
- Received 70k mailer for same business for Ink Plus VISA. Applied and was told upon recon approval that I wouldn't receive bonus, but that I should talk to CSR upon receiving the card about waiving the annual fee/throwing in a smaller bonus since the materials sent to me were misleading. At time of approval, had to move 5k of annual limit from existing Ink Plus VISA to new one.
- Called to confirm card activation and was told that I would receive 70k for spend.
- At some point during the ensuing two months, the first Ink Plus VISA account was closed by Chase.
- Completed spend and had 70k pts post with my new Ink Plus VISA statement on Thursday.

All that's weird. Even weirder: today, I go get the mail and what do I find but ANOTHER 70k mailer for the same business for a new Ink Plus VISA card? Not going to apply for it because I don't want to piss off Chase, but I cannot fathom how I am getting that application for what would be the third Ink Plus for the same business. Just a datapoint.
Well done. Two things to consider:
- The offers are sent by the marketing department, who seem to have little to no information about what cards you do or don't have. I get repeat offers all the time.

- Check your credit report and make sure there's not any kind of derogatory mark for having the first account closed by Chase. There shouldn't be, but we've seen reports of people having cards closed for reasons as valid as the issuer not offering it any more, and it causing problems for applications down the line.

That said, I'm jealous. You got in on some great offers, and managed to pull off 4 Ink bonuses in 18 months. Not bad.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 am

Just heads up: early next week Ink Plus Refer-A-Friend (aka Refer-A-Business) campaign starts. It will run for only about 10 days. The same 70k offer with annual fee, plus referral bonus. Will be available online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.