Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase checking account questions and strategies [Consolidated]

Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Chase checking account questions and strategies [Consolidated]

Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Originally Posted by txviking
I realize Chase requires that you not have been a customer for the past 90 days. In spite of that, has anyone had any luck getting the bonus in the case of an account upgrade? Would branch reps have the ability to make exceptions? Specifically, I'm considering upgrading my Chase Total Checking to a Chase Premier Plus Checking account, but since Chase is my primary bank, closing all accounts and moving everything elsewhere for three months is not worth the effort.
i had a branch manually apply a $150 credit when they screwed up and only gave me the $150 checking offer instead of the $300 one I gave them the coupon for... they upgraded me to premier plus checking, so i could get the full $300...

still waiting on the DD credit, only have the manual one so far...

citi ach transfer didnt for for $10..

now waiting on my serve $100 ACH to see if that triggers...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:36 am

Anyone know if you can get both a Personal AND Business checking bonus at the same time? I see on the Personal offers where it says one bonus per year, does that mean just one? Or one for personal and one for business?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:57 pm

Are the standards for a business checking account any different than for business credit cards? Or is sole proprietor/use your SSN fine?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by bodiddely
Are the standards for a business checking account any different than for business credit cards? Or is sole proprietor/use your SSN fine?
Tried to convince them that they should be able to take the SSN to redeem the $500 offer in SYR today. The representative insisted that I needed to file a "certificate of assumed name" with the state before he could open the account, even if the name of my sole proprietorship is exactly the same as the name on my driver's license.

He did mention that it might have been possible for him to do it a few years ago, but that things have tightened lately.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:58 pm

re

Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Tried to convince them that they should be able to take the SSN to redeem the $500 offer in SYR today. The representative insisted that I needed to file a "certificate of assumed name" with the state before he could open the account, even if the name of my sole proprietorship is exactly the same as the name on my driver's license.

He did mention that it might have been possible for him to do it a few years ago, but that things have tightened lately.
Rep was ignorant, we got $500 with SSN...banker stated he would need a DBA unless we had our name in company title (which we did).
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone know if you can get both a Personal AND Business checking bonus at the same time? I see on the Personal offers where it says one bonus per year, does that mean just one? Or one for personal and one for business?
I wondered too because we got the $500 business bonus and I noticed they had changed the verbage...it used to read one personal and one business bonus per calendar year.... We had a $300 personal bonus offer and had the banker check for verification...it seems if you use a EIN for business and SSN for personal you could get away with it, but using SSN for both would likely void the last offer according to new terms....banker suggested waiting for an offer with the old T&C terms.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:35 pm

I went in today and was able to open a business checking account with my name and SSN. I brought in a tax transcript showing rental income (my business is a rental property owned in my name) and that satisfied him. Also got the $300 bonus for a personal account, so $800 for about an hour of work

Now if only my 70k in-branch Ink Plus app goes through (went to pending) I will be a happy camper!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I didn't realize that these bonuses were offered on Chase accounts till yesterday. For some unknown reason I had somehow overlooked this post and any mention of it by various bloggers in the past. I was looking to diversify some of my deposits anyway so a quick trip to the Chase branch down the street after getting the $500 referral code online and I'm all set. Checking and Savings accounts don't earn crap in interest regardless of where you bank so this $500 bonus is nice and works out at over a 3.3% return if I leave my money there for a year....even more if I bailed after 90 days but I doubt I will do that since there aren't any real good rates out there. Only thing that would have made this even better is if I had gotten UR points for the account.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:49 am

Does opening Chase banking products count towards the 5/24?

I am thinking of the following strategy because I received the following 2 mailers:

1) Open the Performance Business checking account for $500 bonus for 6 months (offer expires 2/28)
2) Open the Personal Total Checking account for the $300 bonus for 6 months. Satisfy DD requirement by ACH transfer from Capital One $100 a month. (offer expires 3/27)
3) Open the Personal Chase Savings account for the $200 bonus. (offer expires 3/27)

And then:
I would also like to open a Chase Ink Preferred for a 80k pt bonus, but I have the Chase Ink Plus still and want to keep it. I've read conflicting reports of holding onto both, but I figure I can give it a try.

This is a lot and perhaps too much to do all in a short period of time. Will this strategy work?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Chase Business checking bonus

I opened a Business checking account in May with the $300 new account bonus - then I made 6 transactions - 1 online transfer in and out from external checking accounts and 4 deposits of checks from my Chase phone app. However I have not seen the bonus post - and its been 100 days. Did something go wrong?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I opened a Business checking account in May with the $300 new account bonus - then I made 6 transactions - 1 online transfer in and out from external checking accounts and 4 deposits of checks from my Chase phone app. However I have not seen the bonus post - and its been 100 days. Did something go wrong?
I guess it depends on their definition of transactions. Send them a SM or, if opened at a branch, go in and ask them.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:42 am

Not sure if you saw this but they relaunched their checking program. No sign up bonus yet tho
https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-...phire-banking/
Old May 5, 2023, 6:36 pm

guys - if I maintain $0 in my premier plus savings which is linked to a premier plus checking account that has 15,000 in it, I won’t be paying any monthly fee on either account correct? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.