Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:27 am

No, no problem at all.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
I was approved for the CSP on 12/28 and received a letter today (1/3) thanking me for requesting the CSP, and my new card would arrive in 10-15 business days. When I was approved, it said 3-5 business days.

Is this normal? I wanted to pay my auto taxes, etc, on it for the min spend, but I don't think I can wait another 2 weeks.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:22 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by zorbachs
I was approved for the CSP on 12/28 and received a letter today (1/3) thanking me for requesting the CSP, and my new card would arrive in 10-15 business days. When I was approved, it said 3-5 business days.

Is this normal? I wanted to pay my auto taxes, etc, on it for the min spend, but I don't think I can wait another 2 weeks.
All of my Chase cards have arrived within 3-4 business days of approval, though it's possible things run more slowly around the holidays. If you have big spend coming up very soon, couldn't hurt to call and ask them what the status is and if they are able to expedite.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:28 pm

100k Bonus?

Hello everyone,

New to site but had questions about this card. I was told that if I wents to Chase that they would gimme the 100k signup bonus after spending $4k in first few months. Anyone know if this true?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by MidWestDave
Hello everyone,

New to site but had questions about this card. I was told that if I wents to Chase that they would gimme the 100k signup bonus after spending $4k in first few months. Anyone know if this true?
This thread is for Sapphire Preferred which has 50k bonus offer

You're looking for Sapphire Reserve which is a different card:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...17-branch.html
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:44 pm

Oh! Thank you for telling me.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:09 pm

I've applied for CSP twice previously, and was denied both times for insufficient credit history (same thing happened with Chase UA Mileage Plus Visa). Does anyone know what length of credit history Chase looks for with these cards (currently I have >1.5yrs and >700 FICO with Experian - recently moved to the US, hence the short credit history)?

Further to this, would multiple denied applications count against the 5/24 rule, or does that only apply when credit accounts are actually opened?

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:47 pm

Approved for ink preferred in early January for 7k. Hit 5k spend in a month with 1VGC for 500.

Applied and approved for CSP 2/12, called immediately to see if I could cancel and reapply with different link. Did so and approved again. Ended up as 2 pulls even though they said it would be 1. Applied and denied for SW BIZ on 2/13, reconned and approved after explaining double CSP pull.

Have had my new CSP flagged for fraud 3 times in 24 hours. The first was for a VGC. In each case I've been able to call and have them remove the hold. is this as bad of a sign as it seems? Isn't CSP known for having strong anti fraud protection
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I have the annual fee coming up in 1 month.
Tried downgrading to Amazon but no luck. Will downgrade to Freedom or FU unless someone else had success with Amazon card?
I'm sure there's others who are doing the same after getting the awesome CSR which is the new keeper.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anybody that approved in branch able to match to 70k via SM afterwards lately?
Old May 25, 2017, 10:06 am
Suspended

Hi all: Small question: would transferring my Chase points to United qualify for the 25% bonus, or would I need to spend them directly on a flight within the ultimate rewards portal?
Old May 25, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by greggarious
Hi all: Small question: would transferring my Chase points to United qualify for the 25% bonus, or would I need to spend them directly on a flight within the ultimate rewards portal?
There's no bonus for transferring points. It's just when using the portal.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I have the annual fee coming up in 1 month.
Tried downgrading to Amazon but no luck. Will downgrade to Freedom or FU unless someone else had success with Amazon card?
I'm sure there's others who are doing the same after getting the awesome CSR which is the new keeper.
I had gotten the CSP last year. Just posted the AF. I had gotten the CSR in Feb, so called and asked about my options, and the only options were , Sapphire (regular), Freedom, FU, Slate. Since I already have the Freedom and CSR, I got the FU. Can't PC to any other Chase card really. And I will be keeping the CSR for a few years until its benefits like the PP, etc really start to stink.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:43 am

I closed my Chase Sapphire Preferred about 8 months ago and had got the 50k bonus on that one. How soon can I reapply for this card and get the bonus all over again? Or is that possible?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by k374
I closed my Chase Sapphire Preferred about 8 months ago and had got the 50k bonus on that one. How soon can I reapply for this card and get the bonus all over again? Or is that possible?
Let's look at the terms of a current offer:

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
It doesn't matter when you opened or closed your previous Sapphire Preferred, but you need to know when the new account bonus was posted to your Ultimate Rewards account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.