Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by JBG89
Im blocked by the 5/24 online but went in branch, was told i was pre-approved.

I applied and received application pending, and when calling recon I was told it was going through "back-end verification".

Is this probably a declined in anyone's experiences?

Thanks
I have no clue, but am dying to know how this plays out. My wife is well over the 5/24 rule and just received a targeted offer from chase via snail mail with an invite code (50k+5k with 4k spend req). Over on the chase applications main thread, there seems to be sentiment that if you are "pre approved" then you may be able to skirt the 5/24 rule. Unfortunately, this appears to be largely unconfirmed up to this point. Please post back with your findings. I would have to say that not being auto-denied is a pretty good sign. Good luck.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
are you certain it was CSP and if so did that include adding authorized users to get to 60k or was that the base? is she private client member?

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...s-coming-soon/
I'm certain it was the CSP. It is 60,000 for the bonus, and still an additional 5,000 for adding the au. She is not a private client member. I was approved for the CSP in late Oct. and added her as an au, which I removed her from shortly after the bonus went through. She then applied and was approved for the 50,000 bonus offer. A couple of weeks later she got an invitation in the mail for the 60,000 offer, which I assumed was for the Ink, until I opened it and it was for the CSP. I sent a secure message asking for them to honor the new invitation with the invite code, and they happily obliged.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:53 pm

Bonus points Chase Saphire

To get my 50k bonus points I need to spend $4,000 in the first 3 months. Has anyone tried to book a fully refundable ticket for almost a year out, then earn the points after the 3 months and then canceling that ticket? would that work or would they take the bonus points away?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by fly grrrrrrrrrrl
To get my 50k bonus points I need to spend $4,000 in the first 3 months. Has anyone tried to book a fully refundable ticket for almost a year out, then earn the points after the 3 months and then canceling that ticket? would that work or would they take the bonus points away?
I don't know if that will work or not for a one time deal. It is a horrible idea and get it out of your head. This hobby should be a marathon, not a sprint for all of us. The banks have long term memories, and these days none more so than Chase. There are only a few banks that fund our points and miles accounts. No need to burn a bridge with any of them, and what you are inquiring about is doing just that.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Seems they are really pushing this. I have received 10 mailers in the past month for this promotion.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:12 pm

Is the 5 new accounts in the last 2 years so strict that there is absolutely no way to work around. I opened in branch and even with more than $50k+ in assets with chase banking, a reconsideration came back as rejected, should I just give up?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:07 pm

Have CSP for 9mo, called and no offers available.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:14 pm

AU expenses counts towards 4k limit right, RIGHT? I think so but just want someone to confirm.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a friend, who was referred by one of his buddies - a CSP holder, who should get the 5K referral bonus.
However, despite doing the referral twice, my friend never got the invite email.
Meanwhile, he is ready to apply.
What should his referring buddy do to get the 5K bonus?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum/OW Sapphire, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
So I was instantly approved for this card last week. Yay! I had them move my credit limit from my Slate card and closed that, keeping the Freedom. The process was incredibly easy and the reps were very nice. The CSP showed up on my account right away with the new credit limit. Now just waiting for the card to arrive. I am likely going to do an AA Plat Challenge MR with it.

Too bad us singles can't take advantage of the additional 5000 points for an authorized user though!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX PRG
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I have a friend, who was referred by one of his buddies - a CSP holder, who should get the 5K referral bonus.
However, despite doing the referral twice, my friend never got the invite email.
Meanwhile, he is ready to apply.
What should his referring buddy do to get the 5K bonus?
He should log into his Chase account and he will see the referral offer on the page or he can go here: https://www.chasereferafriend.com/ and put in his information to get the referral link.

My understanding is that CSRs can't do anything regarding the referral offers.

Last edited by McTrips; Jan 7, 2016 at 1:12 pm Reason: Spelling correction
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Your friend could try posting the referral on FB/Twitter and having his friend click that link. That should be relatively instant.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by McTrips
He should log into his Chase account and he will see the referral offer on the page or he can go here: https://www.chasereferafriend.com/ and put in his information to get the referral link.
Thanks for your reply; just trying to understand:
The referring person (current Chase customer) can see in his account, whom he already referred?

Fyi, the current Chase account holder did already refer his friend twice, but his friend never got the referral email from Chase. IIRC, this referral email would entail the sign-up offer for that friend/new Chase customer.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for your reply; just trying to understand:
The referring person (current Chase customer) can see in his account, whom he already referred?

Fyi, the current Chase account holder did already refer his friend twice, but his friend never got the referral email from Chase. IIRC, this referral email would entail the sign-up offer for that friend/new Chase customer.
somebody already mentioned this but you can refer by using facebook and twitter. get that link and have your friend use it to sign up.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:31 pm

Both my wife and I applied for one card each and got approved. We cleared the spending limits through actual spending, no MS at all. Paying off our property taxes through CC helped quite a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.