Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by GRIZMANfromJAPAN
My Wife wants to apply for the Freedom card. Our question is "Can she xfr her points/cash to my Ultimate Rewards account. She does not have an UR account.? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.
Yes. UR to UR transfers are allowed between spouses and domestic partners (and between multiple UR accounts for yourself).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by GRIZMANfromJAPAN
My Wife wants to apply for the Freedom card. Our question is "Can she xfr her points/cash to my Ultimate Rewards account. She does not have an UR account.? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.
See the wiki in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: SW RR
Add Freedom Card?

I have had the no fee Sapphire card (MC version) for years. This was not my main card so I only have about 17K UR points. I recently applied and got the Sapphire Preferred mainly to get the 40K bonus points and the ability to transfer UR points to other programs.

Anyway, I know many have converted the regular Sapphire to a Freedom after they got a SP. But the Freedom card currently has a $200 bonus after $500 spend offer.

Should I apply for the Freedom and just have 2 Sapphire cards?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:27 pm

I applied for the Chase Freedom card about 25 days ago before the bonus was raised to $200 dollars. Once I started to see everyone talking about the high signup bonus I decided to send Chase a secure message and ask for the extra $100 cash back since my account was so new. I honestly expected a big fat no but I figured it never hurts to ask.

Surprisingly, here is my response from CSR:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the 20,000
point enrollment bonus offer on your account ending in
xxxx.

I am pleased to advise that I did add 10,000 points to the
account number noted above so that it receives a total of
20,000 points for an enrollment bonus. You will see this
adjustment on the next statement. This adjustment is
available for redemption now.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center."
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by whoknew89
I applied for the Chase Freedom card about 25 days ago before the bonus was raised to $200 dollars. Once I started to see everyone talking about the high signup bonus I decided to send Chase a secure message and ask for the extra $100 cash back since my account was so new. I honestly expected a big fat no but I figured it never hurts to ask.

Surprisingly, here is my response from CSR:
Not surprising at all. Chase will pretty much always match a better public offer for the exact same card if it's been <90 days since your approval.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:02 pm

I applied and got pending message. Called recon and the guy told me I hit my hard cap on cards. I asked him to explain and he said Chase will only approve 2 cards in 30 days. Does anybody know if this is really true or should I try to call back again?
He also said my 30 days is up on nov 24 and I don't need to reapply after that, I can call to recon on today's app because it is open for 30 days.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by seth7467
I applied and got pending message. Called recon and the guy told me I hit my hard cap on cards. I asked him to explain and he said Chase will only approve 2 cards in 30 days. Does anybody know if this is really true or should I try to call back again?
He also said my 30 days is up on nov 24 and I don't need to reapply after that, I can call to recon on today's app because it is open for 30 days.
I can't confirm if they'll approved more than 2 person cards in 30 days but I can confirm that they will approve more than 2 of mixed personal and business cards.

In the month of October I applied for a total of 4 (2 biz 2 personal) cards all approved after calling the recon line.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:54 am

I can't decide whether to apply for this right now.

My last AOR was 9/11/13, and I wanted to do another one on 12/15/13 that includes a Barclay Arrival card, another Barclays card if I can swing it on the same day (only if I'm approved for Arrival), an AA Biz card, and a Chase Freedom card. Chase published this deal too early for me! :-)

I opened about 10 cards in 2013 but still seem to have a good credit score.

Do you think I should apply for the Chase Freedom now, or keep my credit report quiet until my planned date, even if it means less money back on the Freedom?

The most important app for me is the Arrival card...if I'm even able to get it at all. (I really have no idea...I've already got 2 USAir cards open from 3/13 & 8/13...)

But an extra $100 would be nice if it doesn't undermine my other apps - especially that Arrival card.

What do you think? Apply today or wait?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:27 pm

I just got approved for the SP last Wednesday (2nd card with Chase this year) and would like to apply for the Freedom soon. I want to apply within the 30 days, but is there a rule on how soon I should try? I also think I've hit a cap on the credit they'll extend me (SP just got $5k), what's the min limit for a Freedom and do you think they'll let me transfer from my MileagePlus Explorer?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by sfrmashin
I just got approved for the SP last Wednesday (2nd card with Chase this year) and would like to apply for the Freedom soon. I want to apply within the 30 days, but is there a rule on how soon I should try? I also think I've hit a cap on the credit they'll extend me (SP just got $5k), what's the min limit for a Freedom and do you think they'll let me transfer from my MileagePlus Explorer?
Min limit for the Freedom is technically $2,000 but some have received Freedoms with $500 limits. If you have good credit I doubt you're near the limit of credit they'll extend to you with just two personal cards.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by whoknew89
Min limit for the Freedom is technically $2,000 but some have received Freedoms with $500 limits. If you have good credit I doubt you're near the limit of credit they'll extend to you with just two personal cards.
To clarify, I had pending approval before calling recon for the $5k on the SP. I'm still a student so I don't make a lot of income, but was hoping to move credit from the $3.2k I have on the MileagePlus Explorer, though don't know if they'd let me having only had that card since August.

How far apart did you do each of the four cards?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by sfrmashin
To clarify, I had pending approval before calling recon for the $5k on the SP. I'm still a student so I don't make a lot of income, but was hoping to move credit from the $3.2k I have on the MileagePlus Explorer, though don't know if they'd let me having only had that card since August.

How far apart did you do each of the four cards?
I think you'd be fine. Here is what I did.

Oct 7th - Ink Plus : Instantly approved online.
Oct 21st - Freedom : Had to call fraud line.
Oct 29th - Southwest Plus Personal and Business

I actually transferred balance from the Ink Plus to get the Business Southwest card. If you'd like to know the limits send me a PM.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Ok folks, I know Chase is really good about matching offers within 90 days and what not but I haven't seen this scenario: a friend sent a referral for the Freedom card so he can get the 5K. This is payback for a CSP referral I sent him. Problem is, opening the referral app, it's only for the standard offer. With this added referral hook in the mix, do you think Chase would still match the current offer?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy
Ok folks, I know Chase is really good about matching offers within 90 days and what not but I haven't seen this scenario: a friend sent a referral for the Freedom card so he can get the 5K. This is payback for a CSP referral I sent him. Problem is, opening the referral app, it's only for the standard offer. With this added referral hook in the mix, do you think Chase would still match the current offer?

I'd get your friend to message them before you apply if you haven't already and see what they say about the bigger offer. Then, if they say no or give you a we don't know kinda answer go ahead and apply then just send a message asking for the difference.

My guess is that your account won't actually show anything stating your friend got the referral bonus and they'll match it just like anyone else who requests within the 90 day period.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This is definitely one of the better bonuses. I got it 2 years ago when they ran the $200 bonus. Unfortunately Chase really gutted the benefits (IMO) when they got rid of the 10 points (10 cent) per swipe bonus a few months back. Prior to that change this was my go to card for anything under $20. Now I use it pretty much only for things that are in the 5% categories or that I can get bonus points on via the UR web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.