Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by rundrc
Has anyone tried to use the referral link through Chase to send this offer to friends? You get $50 per referral. I tried sending this to several friends last night but nobody has received the email link yet. I went back and read that it may take a week to receive the email. What??? That makes no sense to me. Does anyone have experience with this? How long does it take to receive the email? Thanks!
I tried to use the Chase referral once before, for CSP, and the referred person never got the email. I know this for a fact because it was my mother and she doesn't even know how to use email, I check it for her every couple of days.

Yesterday I applied for this card for her (without bothering with the referral) and it went pending which is unusual since she has perfect credit and is usually instantly approved. She may be at her CL limit with Chase (Marriott, BA and CSP) seeing as her income is low these days being semi-retired. I doubt she'll want to do a recon call but she does want the bonus and this will be a good card for her to keep as she will be canceling the BA and CSP when AFs come due.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:54 pm

I just sign up the freedom card 2 weeks ago with only $100 bonus. Can I call Chase to match up the current $200 offer?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by b744jill
I just sign up the freedom card 2 weeks ago with only $100 bonus. Can I call Chase to match up the current $200 offer?
I applied and was approved for the Freedom back in September when the offer was $100. I requested a match to the current offer via secure message. They granted this within 24 hours and UR already have posted to my account.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20
I applied and was approved for the Freedom back in September when the offer was $100. I requested a match to the current offer via secure message. They granted this within 24 hours and UR already have posted to my account.
Thank you so much for your information. I just send them via secure message. They match the $200 offer right away.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Any news on what the 2015 quarterly bonus categories will be? I seem to remember Chase announcing the 2014 categories around this time last year.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:29 pm
umc

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Any news on what the 2015 quarterly bonus categories will be? I seem to remember Chase announcing the 2014 categories around this time last year.
Chase announced that 2015 1st quarter bonus category for 2015 will be Grocery Stores (except Walmart and Target), Starbucks, and Movie Theaters.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by rundrc
Has anyone tried to use the referral link through Chase to send this offer to friends? You get $50 per referral. I tried sending this to several friends last night but nobody has received the email link yet. I went back and read that it may take a week to receive the email. What??? That makes no sense to me. Does anyone have experience with this? How long does it take to receive the email? Thanks!
Just confirmed that my links were received. FYI. It took about 2 days.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by umc
Chase announced that 2015 1st quarter bonus category for 2015 will be Grocery Stores (except Walmart and Target), Starbucks, and Movie Theaters.
Where do you see that? That's great if true. The bonus this quarter is pretty much useless for me, although I could see why some would like it given it's the holiday season.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Yesterday I applied for this card for her (without bothering with the referral) and it went pending which is unusual since she has perfect credit and is usually instantly approved. She may be at her CL limit with Chase (Marriott, BA and CSP) seeing as her income is low these days being semi-retired. I doubt she'll want to do a recon call but she does want the bonus and this will be a good card for her to keep as she will be canceling the BA and CSP when AFs come due.
Came back to check the app date on this one. Per the automated line, mom is approved (no call to recon). No email or snail notification yet.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:54 pm

Did I screw this up? Was she supposed to wait to add the AU to get the extra $25?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Did I screw this up? Was she supposed to wait to add the AU to get the extra $25?
You still have plenty of time to add the AU and have the AU make one purchase.

From the terms and conditions:

$25 Bonus
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months. You will receive 2500 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $25 cash back. To qualify for and receive your bonus, your First Purchase and addition of an authorized user to your account must both occur during the first 3 months from account opening. (First Purchase does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
You still have plenty of time to add the AU and have the AU make one purchase.

From the terms and conditions:

$25 Bonus
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months. You will receive 2500 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $25 cash back. To qualify for and receive your bonus, your First Purchase and addition of an authorized user to your account must both occur during the first 3 months from account opening. (First Purchase does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
I added the AU on the original app. Does she need to add another to get the extra bonus or does the original AU just need to use the card?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I added the AU on the original app. Does she need to add another to get the extra bonus or does the original AU just need to use the card?
AFAIK, the AU just needs to use the card once to get the bonus. That's the way it has been with my other Chase cards.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:54 am

if I already have a freedom card, will chase let me get a second card and get the bonus w/o cancelling my present account or is it a one time shot?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
if I already have a freedom card, will chase let me get a second card and get the bonus w/o cancelling my present account or is it a one time shot?
Neither. As explained in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html,
  • You can't earn a second (or subsequent) bonus if the previous card is till open.
  • It's not a one-time shot, but you have to wait at least ~24 months since receiving the previous bonus on the same card product.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.