Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
An update:

I called in last week and was rejected over the phone. In typical FT fashion, I knew this wasn't the final word. I sent in a SM and the response noted that although my account was activated within 90 days, it was approved outside of that timeframe. I called in once more, asked, and was told that marketing would take a look.

I checked AwardWallet this morning and the extra points were added.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by whoknew89
I think you'd be fine. Here is what I did.

Oct 7th - Ink Plus : Instantly approved online.
Oct 21st - Freedom : Had to call fraud line.
Oct 29th - Southwest Plus Personal and Business

I actually transferred balance from the Ink Plus to get the Business Southwest card. If you'd like to know the limits send me a PM.
I applied earlier this week (2nd personal card with Chase in 2 weeks, after CSP) and got a pending decision. I called in and had to transfer from my MileagePlus Explorer to get approved. They didn't require me to transfer a certain amount either, he asked and I gave him something conservative (or at least I feel it was) and it was instantly approved.

Hope that helps anyone else going for this one with another recent application.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:20 pm

Spouse applied for Chase Freedom two months ago using a referral link from my account (10000 UR for her, 5000 UR for me). She just SMed Chase asking for a match on the new $200 offer and they replied and added the additional 10,000 UR within four hours.

That's a total of 25,000 combined points for one new Chase Freedom account.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by aradisc
I got the freedom 59 days ago and already qualified for the bonus. I sent a SM asking for a match and overnight I got 10,000 new shiny UR
The original sign up bonus was 10,000 points right? So now it is 20,000 points. Time for me to call them up.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: United Mileageplus
Applied online and was instantly approved for a Chase Freedom Visa. I opened a Chase Mileageplus Card in May, so I'm a bit surprised I was approved given that I Have a 3 inquiries within the past three months.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Applied last night , approved instantly.. this is my 5th Chase card, previously opened in Nov. Jet Blue Amex and Sept, LaQuinta First Bank Card

ETA: I asked for them to expedite the card and it will be arriving today so I can get in on the 5% cash back on Amazon

Last edited by duranza; Dec 6, 2013 at 6:36 am
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:56 am

Chase FReedom worth applying for>??

Currently Have CSP, Marriott, and United explorer with chase. My CSP AF is due next month so Im looking to cancel or downgrade... Is the Freedom worth applying for???
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
If you already have a csp, I'd go for the combo and get the freedom now as it has a sign up of 20k UR points which is 10k more then usual. I'd downgrade the CSP to CS, but you will not be able to transfer points like you can with the CSP.

So I'd see how many UR points you have sign up for the Freedom, get the 20k UR points, and pay the AF on the CSP (Depends on how many points you have in the UR account) and transfer those points to United or Marriot since you already have those 2 cards then I'd downgrade to the CS, and see what they say about the AF.

You cant transfer points from the CS to the partners.

Chase Sapphire Compare

Last edited by ac921ol; Dec 30, 2013 at 11:51 am
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:17 pm

I didnt know I cant transfer Freedom points to a regular CS. Despite the benefits of CSP, Im not sure if Its worth the AF to me. as freedom points the 20k wont be worth much to me but as UR points it would be.

Unless I can beat the AF and transfer freedom>CSP>united before the AF kicks in.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
"Freedom points" are UR points.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
You can also cash out the 20K pts for $200
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
"Freedom points" are UR points.
Can I transfer freedom points straight to united miles?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jaxxx
No, but they are still UR points, just with different benefits.

A benefit of the CSP is being able to transfer your UR points to the partners. They are still considered UR points, but you just can't transfer them.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:45 pm

I didnt know I cant transfer Freedom points to a regular CS. [...]
Unless I can beat the AF and transfer freedom>CSP>united before the AF kicks in.
I think you will find http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html, especially the wiki, useful and informative on all counts.

Originally Posted by duranza
You can also cash out the 20K pts for $200
Which would be a terrible use of UR points, IMO.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
The $200 or 20,000 UR offer is being pulled from most blogger sites. Our App on page 1 is still working. The usual offer is $100 or 10,000 UR's. Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.