Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
except Israel who's possibly worse off now).
I thought Israel was fully EMV already?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tmiw
I thought Israel was fully EMV already?
Ha! So far, all Amex can be issued as EMV, but only by request. Isracard and C.A.L. issue *some* EMV cards.

Regarding terminals, the Bank of Israel has mandated a complete move to EMV by 2016, and Israel is moving in the direction of offline PIN. But I've seen so few new terminals - most remain old pieces of garbage unfortunately.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
There is a huge EMV thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Ha! So far, all Amex can be issued as EMV, but only by request. Isracard and C.A.L. issue *some* EMV cards.

Regarding terminals, the Bank of Israel has mandated a complete move to EMV by 2016, and Israel is moving in the direction of offline PIN. But I've seen so few new terminals - most remain old pieces of garbage unfortunately.
So everything about the US being the last country to switch is totally wrong then?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tmiw
So everything about the US being the last country to switch is totally wrong then?
yuppers
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
I do not see anywhere where it says that the 15,000 are ULTIMATE Reward pts... Are they or aren't they? For I'd want them for BritishAirways miles, yet it appears its only Cash Back. Somebody please clarify here.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by diclemeg
I do not see anywhere where it says that the 15,000 are ULTIMATE Reward pts... Are they or aren't they? For I'd want them for BritishAirways miles, yet it appears its only Cash Back. Somebody please clarify here.
They are UR points, but you can only transfer UR points to British Airways (and other partners) with a "premium" UR card (i.e. CSP, Ink Bold, Ink Plus, JPM Select, or JPM Palladium). So you accumulate points on your Freedom, then transfer them to a premium UR account, then transfer them out.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Applied for Freedom today, got "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision." What's the best contact # to expedite process and how soon after applying should I call?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by queensgambit
Applied for Freedom today, got "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision." What's the best contact # to expedite process and how soon after applying should I call?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs
Man, I really missed out. The 20,000 offer came around a few weeks after I got my freedom card and now this. I only got 10,000 signup bonus... oh well.
...Chase will match any public/targeted offer to you for up to three months. Contact them now and enjoy the extra $50/5,000 points. I'll even PM this to you so you don't miss it.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
...Chase will match any public/targeted offer to you for up to three months. Contact them now and enjoy the extra $50/5,000 points. I'll even PM this to you so you don't miss it.
Hi DoC,

I was instantly approved last night for the same 10K/2.5K offer. Who do I contact at Chase to get the additional 5K offer? Reconsideration line?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
Hi DoC,

I was instantly approved last night for the same 10K/2.5K offer. Who do I contact at Chase to get the additional 5K offer? Reconsideration line?

Thanks.
Just send a secure message, tell them you see the new offer, and ask if they will match it.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Just send a secure message, tell them you see the new offer, and ask if they will match it.
secure message works well because you have a written reply, but you can also call the number on the back of the card and ask....chase is very good about matching their recent offers
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:36 pm

I am patiently waiting for my card so that I can do either (first time Chase customer). Thanks ya'll
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:21 am

The link in the wiki is now 10K not 15K... FYI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.