Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I havent seen it mentioned (which doesnt mean it was not) - but I just received my card (with 17.5 bonus) and it says there is also 10% bonus each year on "cash back" ie points for those who also have chase checking.
This is even better than 7% bonus on CSP that is going away in a year.
It makes sense to move all 1% spend from CSP to freedom in this case...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Just send a secure message, tell them you see the new offer, and ask if they will match it.
No dice... I sent a secure message about the deal I saw, and I even sent a screenshot of it. The response back was that I would be getting the 10000 "as per the offer on the account".

I'll probably try calling them. Nothing to lose I guess.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
No dice... I sent a secure message about the deal I saw, and I even sent a screenshot of it. The response back was that I would be getting the 10000 "as per the offer on the account".

I'll probably try calling them. Nothing to lose I guess.
That is new. The reports have always been that Citi will match better offers within 90 days.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
The link in the wiki is now 10K not 15K... FYI
To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, that really de-escalated quickly.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:55 pm

That is new. The reports have always been that Citi will match better offers within 90 days.
I guess that good faith gesture does not apply to new customers...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
Even better, it would allow you to have two Freedom cards, effectively doubling the $1,500/quarter cap on 5x categories.
Originally Posted by llbad
Hmm I don't think this would work. OP said that chase mailed him saying they will soon turn his MC into a VISA. In which case it is best to cancel it now so he can pick up the signup bonus again. If they ship him the new version then he won't be able to apply. Unless you are saying that he should keep it open, apply now before he is shipped the visa version, and then have 2 feedom visas?
Originally Posted by bribro
That's what I'm saying.
Would Chase approve a Chase Freedom Visa app and give me the sign on bonus if I already have the Chase Freedom MC from yonder?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I assume you mean Chase rather than Citi?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I assume you mean Chase rather than Citi?
Correct, my typo.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by fr33b13
Would Chase approve a Chase Freedom Visa app and give me the sign on bonus if I already have the Chase Freedom MC from yonder?
I'm not sure. Why don't you give it a shot and report back? You could say you wanted a Freedom card with the Visa Signature benefits.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I applied for this card before June 30, when the previous offer for 20k points for $500 spend was active.

So I've met my spending requirement but my next statement doesn't close for a few more days.

Do they award you the points when you reach the spending or when they post the new statement?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Do they award you the points when you reach the spending or when they post the new statement?
Chase never issues signup points bonuses mid-cycle. Those points always post with the applicable statement.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:13 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by beltway
Chase never issues signup points bonuses mid-cycle. Those points always post with the applicable statement.
Or the next statement, if the spending is too close to the statement date.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:21 pm
Suspended

OK, thanks, will look for it.

Will be my third statement so it's close to the 90 days.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:36 am

Not sure when this happened, but it seems that you can now see the base and bonus point earnings for the Freedom under account activity.

You've been able to do this for awhile with the CSP but it seems to be new for Freedom.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:15 pm
Suspended

OK, got my 20000 points.

Most people are going for the statement credit or transferring to combine with their Chase Sapphire Preferred points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.