Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
As of Oct 2019, offer is as follows:

• $200 (20K UR points) for $500 spend in first 3 months.
  • No annual fees.
  • This is the best available offer since the past few years.
  • Public Application Link

What can I do with Chase Freedom Ultimate Rewards (UR) points?

• Transfer them to a Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Ink Business UR points at 1:1. If you own one of those cards, this is probably the best option for you.
  • Redeem for cash back (statement credit or to a checking account), 1 cent per UR point. So, the 20K UR points for signing up will get you $200 cash back. This is generally the default option if you do not own a Sapphire or Ink card.
  • Redeem them for various gift cards, or shop with points at Amazon.com (usually same value as cash back, eg. $25 for 2500 UR).
  • Book flights/hotels/car rental/activities through Ultimate Rewards, and pay in full or in part using points (1 cent per UR).

More info here: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/maxi...hase-trifecta/

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom: $150 (15K UR) + $25 (2.5K UR) for AU after $500 spend in 3 mo.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just so you guys know. I called to request a new replacement card with the Chip and since the rep was nice I asked her if it was possible to have my Freedom Visa card upgraded to a Visa Signature, she told me that yes and after like 2 mins, a couple of clicks and some terms over the phone I was ready. Next day air shipping with a cool looking Chase freedom Visa Siganture with Chip
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Just so you guys know. I called to request a new replacement card with the Chip and since the rep was nice I asked her if it was possible to have my Freedom Visa card upgraded to a Visa Signature, she told me that yes and after like 2 mins, a couple of clicks and some terms over the phone I was ready. Next day air shipping with a cool looking Chase freedom Visa Siganture with Chip
I thought Visa Signature was automatic if your credit limit is more than $5000? Might not show up on the card itself though until it's reissued.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:56 am

Chase Freedom

When is the best time to apply for the Freedom card. Applying for my daughter. Do they run incentive/sign up bonuses occassionally and if so when?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:44 am

Their bigger bonus is generally the $200 one (20,000 UR points) rather than the usual $100 running now.

It looks like they ran the larger bonus starting in late May last year. So if there isn't an urgency, I'd consider waiting a little while longer to see if you can get it...or at least be close enough so you can call Chase and get the larger bonus for your account after application.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:24 pm

If you have both chase ink plus and the freedom card, can you use the freedom card bonus points to transfer to any partner which the ink card allows?

Thx
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
If you have both chase ink plus and the freedom card, can you use the freedom card bonus points to transfer to any partner which the ink card allows?
Yes, although you must first move them over to your Ink since Chase treats each card as having its own bucket of UR points.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I thought Visa Signature was automatic if your credit limit is more than $5000? Might not show up on the card itself though until it's reissued.
No it is not. Our Freedoms have 20K CL but they remain Non Signature. Years ago we asked for the conversion but were denied to our utter surprise. Never tried again.

Got the chip version 2 months ago out of the blue.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by iamamy
When is the best time to apply for the Freedom card. Applying for my daughter. Do they run incentive/sign up bonuses occassionally and if so when?
Right now they have the $200 plus a bonus for having a auth user added but only with a referral. Look at the Credit Card Programs and referrals which is the 1st link. Lot's of people are posting there.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:29 pm

Question Chase Freedom, Visa Signature Vs. Visa Platinum

This might be the wrong site for this but I was wondering if there is a difference between the two, if so what? And if one is better than the other, atleast in the case of Chase.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Signature comes with better benefits than Platinum. Usually they are reserved for those with Very Good - Excellent credit and usually have a minimum credit line around $5000.

I'm too lazy to search for a Chase specific guide, but here is one from TD bank that should be pretty similar to any bank.
http://www.tdbank.com/personalcredit...omparison.html

Here are links to many of the Chase benefit guides if you want to dig into the details.
http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea....ownload-links/
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by tev9999
Signature comes with better benefits than Platinum. Usually they are reserved for those with Very Good - Excellent credit and usually have a minimum credit line around $5000.

I'm too lazy to search for a Chase specific guide, but here is one from TD bank that should be pretty similar to any bank.
http://www.tdbank.com/personalcredit...omparison.html

Here are links to many of the Chase benefit guides if you want to dig into the details.
http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea....ownload-links/

Is 745 considered good credit score?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CrypticCube
Is 745 considered good credit score?
Without knowing the specific credit score there is no meaningful answer, because the various scores are scaled differently:

Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by mia
Without knowing the specific credit score there is no meaningful answer, because the various scores are scaled differently:
It's even worse than that. There's another FICO scale, not shown on that chart, with the range 250-900.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Is there possible way to get Chase Freedom card now if above 5 apps/2 year rule?

Hi, need assistance. Frequent churner (approx 1-2 cards every 90-120 days consistently). I never got in on the Chase Freedom card and now with Chase restrictions of denying Freedom card if you have 5 apps/2 years, I WANT the card!!!!

Am i out of luck or is there a way to cancel one of my credit cards with Chase and ask to be put on the Chase Freedom to avoid the likely chance of denial if I apply for the card.

I do not care about any type of sign on bonus. Simply looking for way to add Freedom card to add bonus points and to add to my Ultimate Rewards account

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:15 am

If you have a card with an annual fee which you are not convinced that you want to retain, call Chase and explain the situation.

I had an account about 3 years ago and they switched it to a Freedom with no issues. I still earn the old 10 UR/transaction +1 UR/$ on it so my decision to move away from the other account has been a serendipitous one.

I can't speak for the app time limit rules but I think that Chase would be amenable to something similar to my situation just to keep your business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.