Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by nrdk
In general yes it's bad, however if it gets you to the next tier of flight + hotel it seems well worth the 10% bump in miles if you value/use the miles (ie have 220k MR you'd normally get 7 nights + 77k miles, however with an additional 30k MR you get an additional 33k miles)
This exactly what I did by topping off my points and combining them with my wife's. Yeah the transfer took two days but now we have a Cat-6 7-night cert and and 55K UA miles. Now where to go! Decisions, decisions.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Explore
After no points had shown up in my Marriott account in 15 hours, and the hotel I wanted was now sold out, I made a pretty agitated call back to Chase.
In fairness, it's worth noting that if you make the transfer online, the Chase system explicitly advises that transfers to Marriott are not instant, and may take up to 5 business days. My recent experience was that it took ~2 days.

It sounds like the rep who told you otherwise was just clueless. Sorry to hear about the mishap, but one bad CSR doesn't make the program (or even UR transfers to Marriott) worthless.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
it says that marriott can take up to 2 days, in the 1 experience i transferred to marriott it took 24 hours
Old Oct 20, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Timeframe for Points Transfer to Various Programs?

Chase transfers aren't instant and aren't claimed to be. That said, transfers are quick, usually.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by augustus21
Chase transfers aren't instant and aren't claimed to be. That said, transfers are quick, usually.
I can attest from repeated personal experience that transfers to UA & Amtrak are instantaneous.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Transfer to Hyatt seemed PDQ to me but it took a minute or so for me to go between sites.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Explore
After no points had shown up in my Marriott account in 15 hours, and the hotel I wanted was now sold out, I made a pretty agitated call back to Chase. The agent said that transfers to the above partners aren't immediate, despite what I'd been told. (Note those partners also offer the worst transfer value.) He said the transfer could take up to a week.

The agent offered to escalate my request that the points be returned to my UR account, and added 2K points as a customer service gesture. We'll see.....
The upshot: After I was forced to buy a revenue room at a different chain because rooms disappeared at Marriott properties before the points were posted to my account, Chase retrieved the 25K UR points from Marriott after about 10 days, and they were placed back in my UR account. With 2K bonus points as goodwill, I'm satisfied. Although it's kind of spooky that points transferred to another program can be grabbed back....
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pssteve
Transfer to Hyatt seemed PDQ to me but it took a minute or so for me to go between sites.
Please update the Wikipost to reflect this. ANY member who can see the [Edit] button in the lower right corner can edit any wikipost anywhere on FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:48 am

I noticed that Chase's Unite explore card is not listed, to confirm a explorer card will doesn't qualify for the UR transfer?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jjfuentes13
I noticed that Chase's Unite explore card is not listed, to confirm a explorer card will doesn't qualify for the UR transfer?
How could it? That card only earns UA miles, not UR points. Or am I missing the point of your question?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by pssteve

Did they come into Hyatt as bonus points (and not base points)?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Twice I've transferred to Southwest this year and the points posted instantly, and I used them right away to book a flight.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:55 pm

Transfer between Sappire and Ink cards

Can I trasnfer all of my points from my Sappire to my ink card?

How will this affect the dividend points received each year?

You only receive dividend points each year on new money spent correct and not previous points earned and this only applies to Sapphire and not to the ink cards?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:05 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
You only receive dividend points each year on new money spent correct and not previous points earned and this only applies to Sapphire
The bonus is calculated on points earned, it doesn't matter if the points remain in the account. The bonus is a feature of Sapphire Preferred. No other Chase card offers this feature.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Does anyone know how long it takes to transfer UR to BA Avios ? or even further UR>BA>Iberia ? Thx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.