Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. Please see the discussion and current wiki here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...tc-2017-a.html
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards transfer partners, times & rules (Archived 2012-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia
How were you able to do this? What has changed?
My guess is it was before the person you were transferring the points to had to be a household authorized user on the account. I would transfer miles to her account every so often to keep the others from expiring. Since transfers can only be in 1000 increments I can make a transfer to her now and she can book a ticket for 47500 miles and we would forfeit just over 100 miles as she is switched over to connect miles.

I do not understand how this can happen as surely my wife is not the first with a last name with that many characters.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Why must you transfer by June and why not transfer to Hyatt?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by copaflyer
...surely my wife is not the first with a last name with that many characters.
Agreed. I would contact Chase several more times. There will be "someone" with the authority to make the transfer manually, but you will need to be politely persistent to get past the first tiers of customer service agents who do not have the authority to do what you need.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
if you were i, how would you distribute the 30k chase miles.
Everything to UA, nothing to WN.

WN RR has a set value. So transferring to WN means cashback, but can only be used on WN only. For UA, although its value varies per your redemption, you can make it worth more as soon as you redeem properly.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by yankees555
Why must you transfer by June and why not transfer to Hyatt?
closing acct to avoid annual fee

want to use for air travel only as specified in OP

thanks!
cb

Originally Posted by garykung
Everything to UA, nothing to WN.

WN RR has a set value. So transferring to WN means cashback, but can only be used on WN only. For UA, although its value varies per your redemption, you can make it worth more as soon as you redeem properly.
great advice. spot on. thanks!

cb

Last edited by mia; Jun 21, 2016 at 8:20 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:10 pm

I booked her ticket in my account. I could not risk missing out on it still being available. I still will follow up with chase and report back.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:21 pm

Transferring KrisFlyer Miles BACK TO CHASE***

Hi all,

I transferred chase points to KrisFlyer Miles to book a flight on Singapore Airlines to Hawaii. I was just approved for the AMEX Mercedez, which I can also use for this, and would like to transfer the 35000 KrisFlyer Miles back to Chase. Is this possible? My last resort would be to call them and try to get them to allow me to put them back since I did it today but really hoping I can just transfer them all back without the headache. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Transfers of points out of Chase are one-way.

Feel free to call, worst they do is say no, but it's highly unlikely they'll agree to reverse the transfer.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:55 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Not possible, transfers are one way.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:03 am

Dang. Thanks guy. Will put them to use either way.

Last edited by mia; Jun 23, 2016 at 8:16 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
Chase UR to UA took 30 minutes today
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by mia
Chase is coasting based on their relationship with United Airlines. When UA devalues their partner redemption chart many will regret holding points in a program with no other Star Alliance partner.
Chase actually doesn't have a good selection of partners, it is just that they have some other programs don't have (hyatt, korean, united). They actually transfer to Singapore, which is Star Alliance, so that is not true.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Chase actually doesn't have a good selection of partners, it is just that they have some other programs don't have (hyatt, korean, united). They actually transfer to Singapore, which is Star Alliance, so that is not true.
You realize you replied to a post that's over 3 years old, right?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:50 pm

Chase sapphire double dipping?

Trying to figure this out:

If I buy a united ticket for $1000 with my chase sapphire I get 2000 points, plus in my united mileage plus account I get miles.

Then, I can transfer these miles at a 1:1 ratio to united, and get another 2000 miles from this?

Am I missing something?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. Your understanding is correct, but it's not double dipping. The miles for flying are offered by UA (and built into the price of the ticket). The points for paying are offered by Chase (and built into the fee structure of credit card transactions.) Chase will give you the same points if you buy a Delta ticket, and you can still transfer them to United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.