Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
You have to wait 18 months before you can get the bonus again. I just cancelled my BA card, I know I have to wait 18 months before I can get the points
Where did you hear/see this 18month rule? is it 18 months from cancellation or from applying?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by bitachu
Where did you hear/see this 18month rule? is it 18 months from cancellation or from applying?
There is no such rule. It's just a vague guess. The people that have gotten the bonus on any Chase card a second time is very small. And even then most of those people got the bonus because the product changed.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
It's been posted on the blogs for a while., there are people who say its only 6 months, but that is not correct.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:36 am

I did receive the points for the first two cards and I believe I had the first one open for about 10 months and cancelled and I applied for the next one about 6-8 months later. Cancelled that about 6 months ago and with my third card I received the postcard that I was not eligible. When I called for reconsideration I was told that having the card during the prior 24 months was the reason. Not sure if this is from application from the prior card or from cancellation date.

Specific to the information on their landing page the first page that comes up lists the offer and the link to the application. There is another tab with details that does state prior card holders are not eligible. Not trying to cry over this but it would seem to be more logical to block the application from going through rather than approving the application, sending out the card, and then notifying the person that they are not eligible for the points.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by flightmedic
I did receive the points for the first two cards and I believe I had the first one open for about 10 months and cancelled and I applied for the next one about 6-8 months later. Cancelled that about 6 months ago and with my third card I received the postcard that I was not eligible. When I called for reconsideration I was told that having the card during the prior 24 months was the reason. Not sure if this is from application from the prior card or from cancellation date.

Specific to the information on their landing page the first page that comes up lists the offer and the link to the application. There is another tab with details that does state prior card holders are not eligible. Not trying to cry over this but it would seem to be more logical to block the application from going through rather than approving the application, sending out the card, and then notifying the person that they are not eligible for the points.
why would it be more logical to the bank...they want you to have the card and spend on it...they rather not give u the points if they don't have to...seems like they won that one...
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by flightmedic

There is no reason to deny you the card just because you aren't eligible for the points. People's needs change all the time and the right mix of cards changes with them. They simply assumed you'd like to have the card again despite knowing you're not eligible for the bonus. Later this fall it will be two years since I canceled this one and I do hope I can get the bonus again by now.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:29 pm

I belive that 18 month applies to amex cards. Not chase. Chase inly works for totally different cards.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I received this card today. It's my 5th active Chase Personal card. $2100 credit limit (lowest among all cards). During activation, the 50,000 Avios points was confirmed after $2k spend.

Looking forward to using these to get to OGG or DUB next year after positioning via WN (I fly out of OMA).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:44 pm

We know it is not a 'rule' but can we still get a comment about 'from cancellation or from applying'? Thanks.

Last edited by lw7878; Aug 28, 2013 at 10:28 pm
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
I belive that 18 month applies to amex cards. Not chase. Chase inly works for totally different cards.
No... Amex is that the same card product can't be applied for if you've had it within the last 12 months (aka, canceled for 12 months before reapplying), and it states it very clearly on the left side of all the apps. That is a firm rule that Amex gives out clearly. Chase doesn't have an official rule as people have churned Chase cards with the most random results.

Originally Posted by Nehawk
Looking forward to using these to get to OGG or DUB next year after positioning via WN (I fly out of OMA).
Small world, I'm from Sioux City and fly out of OMA generally too... lots of people in Omaha running the miles game?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Can't believe I got instant approval on 8/25! My 6th chase personal. I have 8 chase cards now lol!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:28 am
Suspended

If you have received the bonus miles before does his preclude you from getting it again?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:26 am

How long is it taking most people to receive the card after applying and being approved? I'm holding off on buying a flight until mine arrives and it's been 9 days...
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So I confirmed that I will get the bonus with the non signature version.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
So I confirmed that I will get the bonus with the non signature version.
Did you get the bonus previously? Also where is the link for the non sig version?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.