Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by milemission

It also said "This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer." under the offer details. However, under the card benefits, it said " This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 24 months."
My understanding with Chase which the terms also reflect is you just have to have not got a signup bonus for the same offer in the last two years so you should be fine. That said I have seen a reference someplace that if you use the same Executive Club number you may have an issue. Honestly I haven't read up much on this because I haven't got around to churning Chase offers yet.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
My understanding with Chase which the terms also reflect is you just have to have not got a signup bonus for the same offer in the last two years so you should be fine. That said I have seen a reference someplace that if you use the same Executive Club number you may have an issue. Honestly I haven't read up much on this because I haven't got around to churning Chase offers yet.
My first BA Chase card (100k) was from I think 2011 which I cancelled in 2012. My second BA Chase card (50k) was sometime at the end of 2013 and I still have it. Will most likely cancel it once the annual fee hits.

I used the same Executive Club number in both cases, so yes it is possible to churn this card although this is just one data point.

Funny enough the missus has never had a single BA Chase card approved although she's had multiple other Chase cards before. First attempt was at the end of 2013 (processing, followed by rejection letter) and the second attempt was last month which also got a rejection. Her credit score is better than mine in the high 780s.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:18 am

In the summer of 2013 I applied for the $75 annual fee (not waived for first year) BA card that gave you 50k points after first purchase, and then another 50k points after anniversary and one purchase. I'm assuming because my second 50k posted in 2014 that I haven't hit the 24 month mark yet, but I figured I'd check if anyone else that applied for the same offer I did gotten the bonus this time around?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
The public offer is supposed to waive the annual fee in the first year. Or did you ask for it waived because it was already the 2nd year? I'm also curious on what you told them to convince them to waive the fee.
It's clear to me they were talking about the second year.

And there's a whole separate thread about that:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...all-cards.html
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by ywlke
In the summer of 2013 I applied for the $75 annual fee (not waived for first year) BA card that gave you 50k points after first purchase, and then another 50k points after anniversary and one purchase. I'm assuming because my second 50k posted in 2014 that I haven't hit the 24 month mark yet, but I figured I'd check if anyone else that applied for the same offer I did gotten the bonus this time around?
I'm in the same situation as you. Any word if anyone's gotten it?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm considering applying for this card. Anything suggesting a higher bonus in the coming months? Maybe after the new award chart is in effect?

christian
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Has anyone tried to apply for a second BA card with first one opened? Even, if it's the same offer after 24months?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Has anyone tried to apply for a second BA card with first one opened? Even, if it's the same offer after 24months?
Not if they've read the wiki for this thread & the directly relevant advice to which it points them.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
Not if they've read the wiki for this thread & the directly relevant advice to which it points them.
That doesn't happen on FT these days, much easier to just ask a question.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:57 pm

Incidentally, on ba.com:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...s/credit-cards

It says the annual fee waived offer is valid through June 30, 2015.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nall
Incidentally, on ba.com:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...s/credit-cards

It says the annual fee waived offer is valid through June 30, 2015.

The title of this thread includes... Good thru 3/31/15. I couldn't find that mentioned anywhere in the original link... Could just be me. Anyway... I'm hoping it will expire and perhaps the 100k offer will be offered again. Of course... With the BA link just mentioned... Perhaps my hopes are dashed.

Anyone have any insight?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:43 am

I applied for th 3 of these cards ( one for me and one for each of my parents ). We spent the 2k and the first statement shows the 2k avios , but no 50k bonus.. Will these post by next statement? I always thought these post instantly after first statement when spend is met..
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:12 am

maybe

Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
I applied for th 3 of these cards ( one for me and one for each of my parents ). We spent the 2k and the first statement shows the 2k avios , but no 50k bonus.. Will these post by next statement? I always thought these post instantly after first statement when spend is met..
Usually if you hit spend within the last 10 days of the period, it posts the next month.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
I just got a letter in the mail from Chase. They are increasing the number of miles earned on BA purchases to 3, up from 2.5, and decreasing the number of miles earned on regular purchases to 1, down from 1.25, effective 4/30. So the offer will definitely be changed, just hope they increase the sign up bonus. I'm waiting for the 100k miles.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
They usually do, like clockwork. I am actually seeing the same thing for myself as well (my spend shows over 2k but nothing posted for the bonus). My guess is that my last spend to hit the threshold came too close to statement date. If you don't see it in the next statement, then call. (Kind of a pain to have to wait another month)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.