Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Old Jul 30, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by carofly
I think the reason you are not finding any "amazing offer" posts is not because of a lack of affiliate links, but because this is not an amazing offer at all.

And please let's not start talking about how to use Avios, there are more than plenty of those posts on Flyertalk.
i dunno..i think its a good deal..if only because this card isn't known to having no annual fee....although avios are worth less then some miles...still only a few cards that give u 50k miles with no annual fee first yr with a somewhat easy min spending
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
i dunno..i think its a good deal..if only because this card isn't known to having no annual fee....although avios are worth less then some miles...still only a few cards that give u 50k miles with no annual fee first yr with a somewhat easy min spending
You mean the UA card that you can get 55k, or the AA card that gives you 50? Or the Delta ones that routinely give between 40 and 60k?

Not to mention Avios are much more valuable than other airline miles for short haul flights.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:42 pm
aap
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by PainCorp
You mean the UA card that you can get 55k, or the AA card that gives you 50? Or the Delta ones that routinely give between 40 and 60k?

Not to mention Avios are much more valuable than other airline miles for short haul flights.
I missed out on the 100K Avios offer, and have all the other cards mentioned above (United, AA, Delta, Chase Sapphire), so this is a good deal for me. No annual fee with easy spend to meet.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by TravelWithMiles
Pretty sure a Visa Signature card has to have at least a 5K limit.
I got approved with a $2k limit. New to chase and I racked up a lot of spending quick on CSP (still pay monthly). They want to limit their exposure I guess.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I got approved with a $2k limit.
Have you received the physical card?

Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may receive a Visa Signature card or Visa Platinum card with different costs and/or benefits, or you may not receive a card.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:02 am

Offer

If you are churning some cards I think this is a great offer. I can't apply for any Citi cards for a while but both me and the Mrs. applied for this and we got this card. 100k Avios that we can use of AA is great.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aap
I missed out on the 100K Avios offer, and have all the other cards mentioned above (United, AA, Delta, Chase Sapphire), so this is a good deal for me. No annual fee with easy spend to meet.
Having one AA card does not stop you from getting the bonus on another one (or another two or another three or another four), even in the same year, even (a second one only) in the same month. Citi is different about churning than all the other banks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Have you received the physical card?
I haven't. So wait and see I guess. Finding out I'm leaving the US soon enough so I have to stop playing this game soon after starting it and figured I'd try and get in another promotion before starting again elsewhere.

That said, I called the recon line and they never mentioned anything and clearly said I was approved (yesterday, so time to wait for the card). I didn't think they offered a BA platinum. I'll be a test case, I suppose.

I don't know if it matters that I already have a CSP and if they do total credit exposure by bank or something.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:16 am

The waiving of the first year's annual fee makes this a pretty good offer, IMO. Got 2x100K a couple years ago and haven't seen anything that generous since then.

Other BA 100K for $10K spend offers seem like a poor choice considering that people can get the same deal when signing up for an AMEX Platinum card and then transfer MR points to BA, often with a 30%, or more, bump.

And September is estimated tax time! or , depending on your outlook.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:13 pm

What is the recon line # for this card?
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RJ5929
What is the recon line # for this card?
Take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum about applying for Chase cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...solidated.html
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum about applying for Chase cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...solidated.html
Just found it. Thanks anyway.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 1:08 pm

Still haven't got the physical card, and doubt I will until next week. That said, the account just posted to my Chase account and all the terms are the exact same as the signature. It appears I have a Visa Signature with a $2k limit.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aap
It will be interesting to hear from other recent BA Visa applicants if Chase will be willing to refund the 1st year annual fee.

I've been holding off on applying for the BA card, but will likely pull the trigger during my next churn with no 1st year annual fee now.
The BA card seems to have the 100K offer, granted it was the beginning of this year, but well worth the wait, I got this card in Feb of this year and just finished the complete spend for the whole 100K.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The BA card seems to have the 100K offer, granted it was the beginning of this year, but well worth the wait, I got this card in Feb of this year and just finished the complete spend for the whole 100K.
Huh?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.