Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lad2
I suspect this is your first Chase business card? If so, business cards require a different online profile/login than the personal ones unless you also have Chase checking.
You will need to create a different login for the biz card. Then you can ask to move the personal cards over to that new profile (combine personal to biz) if you want to keep things all under one login. Can't do the opposite though, combine biz to personal.
Great - thanks for that helpful info! ^

(Yes, first one)
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Basically question is, if I got denied for the United Biz card, is it a guarantee I will get denied for United Personal card?

It seems that it's harder to get approvals for the biz card as opposed to a personal card with chase.
Based on the denial reason(s) cited, that they were not happy with your 15 new cards since last year, you are fighting an uphill battle to get the personal card approved - you would need to convince the analyst why you need those cards. The basic worry is a risk-assessment one that you are having a lot of unsecured credit lines available to you hence makes you a higher risk should you default.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect this is your first Chase business card? If so, business cards require a different online profile/login than the personal ones unless you also have Chase checking.
You will need to create a different login for the biz card. Then you can ask to move the personal cards over to that new profile (combine personal to biz) if you want to keep things all under one login. Can't do the opposite though, combine biz to personal.
Having Chase checking makes no difference (that is the Citi's thing) because before I had the 2 profiles merged, despite I have Chase checking (both personal and biz), the personal and biz were under separate log in.
In fact I always have trouble even have new personal cards show up automatically because for whatever reason, Chase has 2 profiles for my personal accounts. I almost always have to call Chase IT support to do the "Add Account".

Now I have 3 profiles under a single log in - the biz, and 2 personals.

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Great - thanks for that helpful info! ^

(Yes, first one)
When you get your physical card, register it online with a different userid. Password can be the same. Then if you want to see all accounts under same userid, call tech support and do the merger - can only be one-way street, personal to biz, and can NOT be reversed.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv
This might be worth trying, similar to post #1654 in the united explorer personal thread for those that have done that. This seems to work without the need to clear cookies, etc. I was able to see the 50k offer under my login, but under my wife's login, just the 30k offer. We both have about 60k points in our accounts, both have the personal explorer. The only difference is I had some UR transfer activity. so, for my wife's application, I did the following.

1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer.

My wife's app is still pending, so not sure if by using this link she got the 50k offer, but if not, worst case, we'll send in the screenshot and try to have them match the offer. If someone is going to apply for the 30k and shoot for chase matching the offer, try this method first so we can perhaps verify if it works.

note: You can't just click on the link above, you HAVE to click on Apply Now and load the 30k app first, then replace the current page with this link.
just did this and it seemed to work. Going to call them after I get back from a party to make sure it is the 50k. If not, I will talk to them to see if they can match the 50k offer. we shall see.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
I might put this business card on the back burner now that Chase Ink Bold/Plus will be 60K next week. Anyone able to get 2 business cards with Chase simultaneously?
Is there a link to the 60K bonus? and do you know what the spending requirement is? Thanks in advance. im still debating over the two also.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:50 pm

Id get ua. You're talking about 30->50 vs 50->60. The 50k ua wont be arpund for long.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gold07
Is there a link to the 60K bonus? and do you know what the spending requirement is? Thanks in advance. im still debating over the two also.
Not yet, it'll be out tomorrow. Same $5K spend reported.

Originally Posted by webazoid
Id get ua. You're talking about 30->50 vs 50->60. The 50k ua wont be arpund for long.
The 60K Chase Ink will only be around for a week plus it's churn-able. United 50K may be around for a while, who knows.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 60K Chase Ink will only be around for a week plus it's churn-able. United 50K may be around for a while, who knows.
How so? Using different EIN?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Happy
How so? Using different EIN?
Get a Bold and a Plus for each EIN. Chase allows bonus per business, Amex per SSN.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:36 pm

Get a Bold and a Plus for each EIN. Chase allows bonus per business, Amex per SSN.
can u churn ein's? how much does it cost to make an ein?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: All of em...
I got this card about 6 weeks ago on the 30k offer hearing the 50k bump was easy, hit the $1k min spend on Google Wallet, sent a SM and statement closed with 51,000 miles
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:05 pm

Thsnks for the information.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:03 pm

We have personal and business cards on the same log-in and no Chase checking. To add a business card to my existing personal log-in, I had to change my log-in ID to include 2 digits. A csr did that for me over the phone.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
We have personal and business cards on the same log-in and no Chase checking. To add a business card to my existing personal log-in, I had to change my log-in ID to include 2 digits. A csr did that for me over the phone.
Great, thanks for the updated info. Chase might had updated their software. My info is based off of my own experience a few years ago so might not entirely accurate.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by nickerss
Worked for me as well. Thanks. Now just have to wait for the mail to see if I'm approved.

Thanks muji for that explanation. I think I do have some business which will qualify.
Do you have to clear your cookies before doing this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.