Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I got a "we need to review..." message after submitting. Is this SOP or do other people get instant approval?

Also, is it a problem for the business to have 0 employees and $0 revenue? This works fine with Citi (ok, 1 employee, the minimum Citi's menu allows, but $0 revenue) but I don't know about Case.
Pretty typical for chase business cards. Give the business reconsideration line a call. Probably will want to just verify some info and you'll be set. Don't forget to have them expedite the card. They're usually happy to.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:01 pm

I opened a Chase SP in April along with a few other cards as part of an AOP, tried for this one, finally got the biz 50k to show up. Got the need review screen, called in and the analyst basically undressed me. Said you have 15 inquiries last two years, quite a few new accounts, and not gonna approve this one until I age some of the older accounts. I offerred to move around credit lines, and he said no. I currently have a CSP, Marriott, anda Chase Ink plus card.

Called 2nd time, analyst basically gave me the same lipservice. No luck for me, missing out on this 50k.

Do you guys think a 3rd time might be worth a shot, a different analyst, or will they repeat the same jargon?

I think I'm done churning for a while suffice it to say...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:02 pm

I am getting the personal united to show up on my mileageplus account at 50k as well. Does chase process the biz and personal cards the same away? I know with personal I've always got instant approval, but the biz cards always had to call in.

Wondering should I pull the trigger on the personal one, see what happens?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by alphasumit
Originally Posted by jsmithv
This might be worth trying, similar to the famed post #1654 in the united explorer personal thread.

1. Login to united.com
2. click apply now on the business explorer 30k offer
3. Replace the current app URL with this one I copied from when i applied:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

Loads a new app that looks the same, but has the F5KH ID in the address, which might be the correct offer for the 50k. I tried this for my wife since she didnt get the offer. When i get that card I can verify if the offer was correct.
You are right Dude. Just called in and confirmed after using your link. Its 50k after spending 2k in 3 months
FYI I just tried this trick and confirmed I had F5KH in the address bar. I then called Chase and they said I had actually applied for the 30k offer not 50k. I asked them to withdraw the application and will wait for next time. Edited to add: I have no UA status. Maybe that's a factor in getting the 50k offer.

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 13, 2013 at 4:43 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
FYI I just tried this trick and confirmed I had F5KH in the address bar. I then called Chase and they said I had actually applied for the 30k offer not 50k. I asked them to withdraw the application and will wait for next time.
Good to know. Thanks,
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:10 pm

I'm still curious if there's a consensus for this idea.
If you have a family member who has the 50k offer, log in as them, go to the application page, and then replace your name and address instead of theirs. Seems reasonable that this should work.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by alphasumit
You are right Dude. Just called in and confirmed after using your link. Its 50k after spending 2k in 3 months
So it worked for you, but not for rrgg? Maybe a cookies issue or something? More data points definitely needed.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
I'm still curious if there's a consensus for this idea.
If you have a family member who has the 50k offer, log in as them, go to the application page, and then replace your name and address instead of theirs. Seems reasonable that this should work.
I don't think you can change the pre-populated fields on the app - e.g. name, MP number, etc.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:33 pm

applied two days ago. card just appeared on my chase.com account.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I opened a Chase SP in April along with a few other cards as part of an AOP, tried for this one, finally got the biz 50k to show up. Got the need review screen, called in and the analyst basically undressed me. Said you have 15 inquiries last two years, quite a few new accounts, and not gonna approve this one until I age some of the older accounts. I offerred to move around credit lines, and he said no. I currently have a CSP, Marriott, anda Chase Ink plus card.
Somehow after a couple log in log off, the 50K offer showed up for me on both personal and biz. Went ahead to apply the biz card and then called a couple hours later.

Had a very similar experience, but was able to satisfy all the questions and gained approval. Minimum Visa Signature line but no need to take it from existing cards.

EDIT:
Card already shows up in my Chase Online.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 13, 2013 at 7:26 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
when will this offer end? I am thinking to apply in July.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
FYI I just tried this trick and confirmed I had F5KH in the address bar. I then called Chase and they said I had actually applied for the 30k offer not 50k. I asked them to withdraw the application and will wait for next time. Edited to add: I have no UA status. Maybe that's a factor in getting the 50k offer.
Um, why would you do this?! 1) You already got hard-pulled, 2) you may risk not being eligible for the a better offer because by applying Chase may consider you having already had this card, and 3) you would have had a good chance of sending a SM and having them match you to the 50k.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:34 pm

Was it an older, gravel/gruff sounding voice? It sounds exactly like an a-hole I spoke to a few months ago. Felt like I was talking to a cop, and he was relishing the fact that he could find a reason to deny me.

Lesson: don't talk to any older, gravel/gruff sounding dudes if you call!

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I opened a Chase SP in April along with a few other cards as part of an AOP, tried for this one, finally got the biz 50k to show up. Got the need review screen, called in and the analyst basically undressed me. Said you have 15 inquiries last two years, quite a few new accounts, and not gonna approve this one until I age some of the older accounts. I offerred to move around credit lines, and he said no.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Was it an older, gravel/gruff sounding voice? It sounds exactly like an a-hole I spoke to a few months ago. Felt like I was talking to a cop, and he was relishing the fact that he could find a reason to deny me.

Lesson: don't talk to any older, gravel/gruff sounding dudes if you call!
Here's the problem, so I just called to talk to two other analysts, and they keep referencing the decision made by the first guy. He must have tore up my application like and put in red ink DO NOT APPROVE or something, every analyst now he gives me the same run around that I opened 4 new cards this year, and that's too much.

I opened 4 CARDS this year, and only one of them with chase. Some people open 10-15 per year, and I'm being hounded for opening 4 cards? Crazy.

Is the business lending department this ascenine always? Seems like for personal chase cards, I always get approved.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:03 pm

I'm just ... hurt over a useless inquiry that I won't get approved on. My last AOR was 4/4, this time looks like 2/4 with Barclays and Chase being the outliers. Barclays I can take, but Chase this is the first time I have not been approved for a card with them ever. Really annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.