Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:44 am

I applied this morning using the cut and paste method. My application is now under review, and I am told by Chase that due to the overwhelming response to the limited time Ink bonus offering, they are now two weeks behind in processing all business card applications. I don't know if that meant all applications or only those that were not immediately approved.

I figured I'd wait to hear if I was actually approved before asking whether I'd be receiving the 50K bonus.

I will report back when I hear.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by express3
Has anyone had the business card twice and received the bonus? I had it in Jan'12 (25k bonus) I closed it in Dec'12 to open the Ink Card.
From what I've heard, you can only get the bonus once per FF number.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by waingro
Just got approved for Ink Bold. How long should I wait to apply for this United biz card?
Depends what you are trying to do.

Some people apply for them together, to try to minimize the credit pulls.
Some people wait 30/60/90 days to apply for the second one to get a better chance at getting approved (though if you have good credit, you should be able to at worst talk your way into getting approved).
Some people wait X days to make sure they can satisfy their minimum spend requirements.
etc.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines
For what it's worth, I applied for the card before the 50K promo was announced. After it's announcement, I SMed Chase, asking for an upgrade to the current offer. I got a non-automated SM back saying that they received my request but he had to forward it to a different department and I should hear back within one business day.

That day came and went, and half-way through day two of waiting I decided to call the number on the back of my card because I had a large transaction I was about to make, and getting the promo meant I'd put it on my MileagePlus card instead of a different one. I explained the situation to the representative on the phone (including having previously sent a SM online) and asked if the phone rep could help. He looked up in the computer and said that I was eligible (he also commented that they typically upgrade to the best offer currently available for anyone who requests within 90 days of the card being opened...I think he was reading internal notes/guidelines and probably shouldn't have said that to me).

He had me fax in a screen shot of the offer and said it'd be processed. I faxed it in, and called a couple hours and was told that it was processed OK and my account represented the new offer.

Later that evening, I got a reply SM from Chase saying "I am pleased to inform you that because Chase wants the United MileagePlus Business Card to continue to be the Card of Choice, I issued 20,000 miles to the account. The adjustment will be reflected on your next billing statement."

I got my first statement today, and there is a bonus 20K miles on there, but they're not listed under any of the reasons (1 mile per $1 earned on all purchases, +miles earned on United purchases, +miles earned at restaurants, gas, and drug stores). They just show up as an extra 20K in the "Total Miles Transferred to United".

Does this mean I somehow got lucky and will be getting 70K miles with this signup? When I got my MileagePlus personal card, my signup miles were listed as "First Time Use Bonus"...these 20K aren't. The statement doesn't even show the 30K signup bonus I originally was presented with when I signed up, which leads me to believe that it'll be coming on my next statement (since I didn't hit the $1K/$2K minimum spend (depending on which offer I'll be getting) until two days before the account closed, I wasn't expecting it on this statement).

Anyways, moral of this (long) post: I was able to get upgraded to the new offer via phone and SM, and that the phone rep said that they typically do this up to 90 days after account opening.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by levenhopper
Anyways, moral of this (long) post: I was able to get upgraded to the new offer via phone and SM, and that the phone rep said that they typically do this up to 90 days after account opening.
Thanks for the info. But what helped you is that you also had a screen shot of the better offer. I've never seen the 50k mile biz card offer appear, so if I apply using the cut and paste method, I have nothing to fax them, just my word. I wonder if they upgrade to the better offer without a screen shot.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
United business card: 50k+10k united miles

I should still have the screenshot somewhere
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by blitzen
Post #39 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20898700-post39.html
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Applied on 6/18, got a letter from Fraud department asking for proof of physical address of the business on 6/25. Called in and the rep didn't even asked for the proof of address, just asked a few account related questions to confirm I am the one who applied for the card. Recommended for approval on the call. SO got a same letter, called in and verified account info, then also approved on the spot.^
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by lad2
Post #39 » http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20898700-post39.html
Working of my iPhone using the app that doesn't mean anything to me.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Works in IE, not in Chrome.

Have confirmed that the 50K offer works in Internet Explorer, does not work in Chrome.
Login to your UAL,
Products and Services,
Get Credit Card,
United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card,
shows 30K offer, $1K spend in 3mo.

Click on MileagePlus Club Business Card tab,
click back to MP Explorer Business Card,
shows 50K offer, $2K spend in 3mo.

Applied and waiting for response.

United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card
We need to review your application to make a decision.
Here's what you can expect:
Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days. If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information in the mail.Please do not resubmit this application.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
I applied this morning using the cut and paste method. My application is now under review, and I am told by Chase that due to the overwhelming response to the limited time Ink bonus offering, they are now two weeks behind in processing all business card applications. I don't know if that meant all applications or only those that were not immediately approved.

I figured I'd wait to hear if I was actually approved before asking whether I'd be receiving the 50K bonus.

I will report back when I hear.
DATA POINT: Fail! Approved today for only the 30K. Sent an SM with a screenshot of the 50K offer my wife received. Awaiting word.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by jmdeng
Depends what you are trying to do.

Some people wait X days to make sure they can satisfy their minimum spend requirements.
etc.
I probably fit into this one as the Ink cards are $5k spend in 3 mts so it would be at least 90 days anyway for me before I can do the spend requirements before adding on a new card with more spending involved.
Always make sure you can meet the spending before applying for too many cards and ruin chances of not getting the bonus, so take your time and dont be too greedy all at once no matter how good the bonuses looks.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:24 pm

Ok, i'm not a computer guy. I tried but just cant get the hang of it. Just how do I get a snapshot of the screen and send it to their dept iat Chase via(SM).
Can someone PM me or walk me thru the steps I need to get the snapshot or copy for me to send.
I have Windows 7 at home.
Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sharka
Ok, i'm not a computer guy. I tried but just cant get the hang of it. Just how do I get a snapshot of the screen and send it to their dept iat Chase via(SM).
Can someone PM me or walk me thru the steps I need to get the snapshot or copy for me to send.
I have Windows 7 at home.
Thanks
Do you know how to use Google? If so, you will find detailed instructions just by searching.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jun 29, 2013 at 1:18 pm
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by jmdeng
Oops, I meant that I was surprised that the spending requirement was $2000. The OP's experience seems to have been $1000. Was your spend requirement 2000 or 1000?

Thanks
I'm required to spend $2000. I should have questioned that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.