Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I'm just ... hurt over a useless inquiry that I won't get approved on. My last AOR was 4/4, this time looks like 2/4 with Barclays and Chase being the outliers. Barclays I can take, but Chase this is the first time I have not been approved for a card with them ever. Really annoying.
Get it over. Move on.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:48 pm

Here's the problem, so I just called to talk to two other analysts, and they keep referencing the decision made by the first guy. He must have tore up my application like and put in red ink DO NOT APPROVE or something, every analyst now he gives me the same run around that I opened 4 new cards this year, and that's too much.

I opened 4 CARDS this year, and only one of them with chase. Some people open 10-15 per year, and I'm being hounded for opening 4 cards? Crazy.

Is the business lending department this ascenine always? Seems like for personal chase cards, I always get approved.
if u have an older chase card, try cancelling it and moving around the credit. also, try calling in the morning around 8am. the agents are in a better mood. i would try one more time, then move on with ur life.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:56 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Smile Credit Analyst

Here's the problem, so I just called to talk to two other analysts, and they keep referencing the decision made by the first guy. He must have tore up my application like and put in red ink DO NOT APPROVE or something, every analyst now he gives me the same run around that I opened 4 new cards this year, and that's too much.

I opened 4 CARDS this year, and only one of them with chase. Some people open 10-15 per year, and I'm being hounded for opening 4 cards? Crazy.

Is the business lending department this ascenine always? Seems like for personal chase cards, I always get approved.
Just referencing the time you posted your message. If you actually called at this time, then you are not speaking to a credit analysis. I've only know that department to be open during office hours 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. Maybe you can confirm your phone numbers and be sure you are actually calling and speaking with a Credit Analyst with actual power to make a decision. All other reps will just read back from a script in your app and have no real power to do anything to approve you. Here is my list:http://milesmomma.com/credit-card-re...phone-numbers/
I would call 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst – Reconsideration) during office hours. Anyway, just a thought! Hope it helps!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:58 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Not able to get the offer to populate with all the tricks but will keep working it. Tried all 4 family accounts. Different browsers and different computers. Cleared cookies, all the usually stuff. May just have to click around like someone else mentioned. Hopefully, this is a good sign though that this offer will be release in the 3rd quarter to the public.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by UserMark
I'm still curious if there's a consensus for this idea.
If you have a family member who has the 50k offer, log in as them, go to the application page, and then replace your name and address instead of theirs. Seems reasonable that this should work.
I thought I read a few pages back that someone tried this and was denied the bonus.

Personally, I'd feel safer trying to apply to the 30k link and secure messaging them asking them to match the higher bonus.

Or go to a Chase branch, if it's convenient for you.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 am

I was approved for the business card but could not get the 50,000 offer to pop up. Do you think its in my best interest to ask them to ask for a match the offers others are getting with showing images or say that I was offered the 50,000 and I should be getting that? Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:16 am

I am getting the personal united to show up on my mileageplus account at 50k as well. Does chase process the biz and personal cards the same away? I know with personal I've always got instant approval, but the biz cards always had to call in.

Wondering should I pull the trigger on the personal one, see what happens?
Not exactly sure what you mean by process the same way, but you shouldn't have any problem applying for both if that's what you're referring to.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MBrownyard1
I was approved for the business card but could not get the 50,000 offer to pop up.
Do you mean you applied online using the 30k link and was subsequently approved??

Or did you apply online without any offer?

Other posts here indicate you should try secure messaging Chase and ask them if they would honor the 50k offer...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
Just referencing the time you posted your message. If you actually called at this time, then you are not speaking to a credit analysis. I've only know that department to be open during office hours 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. Maybe you can confirm your phone numbers and be sure you are actually calling and speaking with a Credit Analyst with actual power to make a decision. All other reps will just read back from a script in your app and have no real power to do anything to approve you. Here is my list:http://milesmomma.com/credit-card-re...phone-numbers/
I would call 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst – Reconsideration) during office hours. Anyway, just a thought! Hope it helps!
Not true. The phone number you listed, is the business lending dept based in Delaware and IS open till 10pm EST. Reps there after 5pm do have ability to make decisions. Read my post just a few above yours. My card showed up online within 15 minutes after the rep finished his grilling me and approved the card.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by stainlesspoints
Not exactly sure what you mean by process the same way, but you shouldn't have any problem applying for both if that's what you're referring to.
Basically question is, if I got denied for the United Biz card, is it a guarantee I will get denied for United Personal card?

It seems that it's harder to get approvals for the biz card as opposed to a personal card with chase.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Somehow, my experience here differs slightly from others posting here, specifically in bold, below:

I applied, managed to get the 50k offer by doing the click-around, then was told that application was under review.

I called in to the regular Chase cc number (I have 2 Chase-UA + 1 other card), was then told I had some queries pending and they would transfer me.

Spoke to the verification department and was approved.

However, unlike others here, the new cc doesn't appear on my online account.

The verification rep said that the new card would arrive at my address in 7 to 10 days.

I'm just wondering why others have the new card listed online and I do not. Is anyone noting the same?

I am actually planning to use this card big-time, as it has no foreign transaction fees - a big plus! ^
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Somehow, my experience here differs slightly from others posting here, specifically in bold, below:

I applied, managed to get the 50k offer by doing the click-around, then was told that application was under review.

I called in to the regular Chase cc number (I have 2 Chase-UA + 1 other card), was then told I had some queries pending and they would transfer me.

The verification rep said that the new card would arrive at my address in 7 to 10 days.

I'm just wondering why others have the new card listed online and I do not. Is anyone noting the same?

I am actually planning to use this card big-time, as it has no foreign transaction fees - a big plus! ^
i asked them to expediate mine. maybe that's why it's online. if they said u're approved, u're approved. don't sweat it.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I might put this business card on the back burner now that Chase Ink Bold/Plus will be 60K next week. Anyone able to get 2 business cards with Chase simultaneously?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by webazoid
i asked them to expediate mine. maybe that's why it's online. if they said u're approved, u're approved. don't sweat it.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

I suspect this is your first Chase business card? If so, business cards require a different online profile/login than the personal ones unless you also have Chase checking.
You will need to create a different login for the biz card. Then you can ask to move the personal cards over to that new profile (combine personal to biz) if you want to keep things all under one login. Can't do the opposite though, combine biz to personal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.