Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:08 am

Data point on 24-month rule (and a bit of luck)

Per my United MileagePlus Statement, I received a 50,000 mile sign up bonus for the United business card on 9/2/13. I'm not sure when the credit card statement cut, but likely not more than a few days prior.

Due to a slip up, I inadvertently cut things pretty darn close by applying for new card on 9/1/15, which was approved by 9/4/15 without calling (yay).

Luckily, I did get the sign up bonus even though I cut it so close. The credit card statement with the 50,000 mile sign up bonus posted and 10/24/15, and the miles hit my United account with a posting date of 10/23/15 (I think they actually showed up online on 10/25).
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Per my United MileagePlus Statement, I received a 50,000 mile sign up bonus for the United business card on 9/2/13. I'm not sure when the credit card statement cut, but likely not more than a few days prior.

Due to a slip up, I inadvertently cut things pretty darn close by applying for new card on 9/1/15, which was approved by 9/4/15 without calling (yay).

Luckily, I did get the sign up bonus even though I cut it so close. The credit card statement with the 50,000 mile sign up bonus posted and 10/24/15, and the miles hit my United account with a posting date of 10/23/15 (I think they actually showed up online on 10/25).
You were lucky you did not get an instant approval which would then be 09/01/15, and might disqualify you on the 2nd bonus by one day! Since it is approved on 09/04/15 and the bonus posted to your UA account is 09/02/13, you made it by a couple days.

Your data point may show the 24 months are based on date, but may be not - as you mentioned, the bonus likely was posted to your CHASE statement a few days prior hitting UA - so it probably was the end of August. It is not sufficient to say, the 24 months are based on Date but not based on Calendar months. I would play it safe then cut it close. Others who try to cut it to the count of the dates please report the outcome.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Does the United Explorer Business card offer Primary CDW coverage on car rentals? I know the regular one does, but wasn't sure about the business. Also, I saw that the Ink cards do also but you must be driving for business. Is that the case with this card as well? Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Does the United Explorer Business card offer Primary CDW coverage on car rentals? I know the regular one does, but wasn't sure about the business. Also, I saw that the Ink cards do also but you must be driving for business. Is that the case with this card as well? Thanks.
The wiki at the top of this page links directly to the Chase benefits documents.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:59 pm

Why is it so difficult for me to get approved for the Explorer card?
I tried in September to no avail and now I'm trying for the 50k biz. They keep telling me I've opened too many cards in the past 2 yrs. How many HUCAs can one person do?? Any hope or is it time to - - - - give up?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by SLMYRCB
Why is it so difficult for me to get approved for the Explorer card?
I tried in September to no avail and now I'm trying for the 50k biz. They keep telling me I've opened too many cards in the past 2 yrs.
Without more information about your credit profile, it's really impossible for anyone here to answer this.
Originally Posted by SLMYRCB
How many HUCAs can one person do?? Any hope or is it time to - - - - give up?
Quite frankly, Chase doesn't see very amenable to HUCAs these days.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:29 pm

anything different than the personal version?

Is the no AF downgrade version available?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:49 am

Chase is so batty. Just got approved with a $21.5k CL, put $1.00 as my revenue and new business. Obviously not complaining, but , especially with $7k on 2 other biz cards.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Jpr0930
Chase is so batty. Just got approved with a $21.5k CL, put $1.00 as my revenue and new business. Obviously not complaining, but , especially with $7k on 2 other biz cards.
Do you mean you already had a $7k credit line on 2 other Chase business cards? Also do you happen to have the personal UA card too?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Do you mean you already had a $7k credit line on 2 other Chase business cards? Also do you happen to have the personal UA card too?
Yes, $7k on both of the other 2 Chase biz cards. I do not currently have the personal, closed it 11/13. Closed my first MP Biz 9/14. I would have gone for the personal, but I wasn't targeted for the 50k offer, just the 30k.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:17 pm

Former 50K offer in wiki seems to have dropped to 30K. Others seeing anything different?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:17 pm

im only seeing 30k also, was gonna apply for this too.. anyone have a link for the 50k offer for United Biz?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by elementofice
im only seeing 30k also, was gonna apply for this too.. anyone have a link for the 50k offer for United Biz?
I get the sense Chase is focusing a lot more on targeted offers lately. My DW has a short-term 50K offer for the personal card, apparently triggered by recent miles earning (from the dining program), but otherwise we're seeing 30K offers across the board for both personal & biz UA cards.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:56 am

There are rumors that a 70k offer may come June 1st. Unknown if it would be personal, business, or both.

http://www.welltraveledmile.com/7000...explorer-card/
Old May 2, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Skymiles
I applied for four United Chase cards (fought with reconsideration line and got them all, despite exceeding the Chase CC limit). I put quick $2000 spend on all four of them (and paid within 2 days), but one of them I continued to use. That is the only one that has had the 50,000pts post yet. Do you know if CC companies are getting savvy enough to make the points runners wait for their points, but the people that use the card for everyday use, get the points post right away?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.