Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Is it still possible to apply for this and southwest biz card at the same time and count as one hard pull?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
+10K?

Has anyone confirmed that this offer comes with the option for an additional 10K bonus for adding an authorized user when signing up?

Given the title of this thread (the reference to "+10k") it appears that's the assumption, but it would be nice to have that verified.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Has anyone confirmed that this offer comes with the option for an additional 10K bonus for adding an authorized user when signing up?

Given the title of this thread (the reference to "+10k") it appears that's the assumption, but it would be nice to have that verified.
Pretty sure it means 10k bonus when you spend $25k spend in the calendar year.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Originally Posted by frudd38
Correct. No such thing as an AU for Biz cards. Biz cards have Employee cards, and there's no bonus for that.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by frudd38
Ah, got it. Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Applied. Got to landing page with 50K spelled out. "Apply now" required logging into UA.com and transferred to app page a few seconds later, which doesn't spell out the bonus. Hopefully that's what everyone got too.

It wouldn't accept $0 as revenue.. so I put $1.

Last edited by italdesign; Jan 29, 2015 at 11:43 pm
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
Applied.

It wouldn't accept $0 as revenue.. so I put $1.
Yeah, poor business rules in websites are pretty common both within this industry and elsewhere. On my most recent app the bank wanted to know my "housing costs", meaning rent or mortgage payment. It wouldn't accept the correct value, zero (I paid off my mortgage years ago) , so I had to tell them one dollar per month. I was automatically approved.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
I found the following language related to previous cards in one of the application tabs. It states no bonus award if I received previous bonus award within past 24 months. It says nothing about when I actually closed the account. Is that your reading as well?

"This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months"

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
I'm curious as well about the 24 month rule? I had the Chase biz card for a couple of years and closed it 14 months ago. Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jacknyoc
I found the following language related to previous cards in one of the application tabs. It states no bonus award if I received previous bonus award within past 24 months. It says nothing about when I actually closed the account. Is that your reading as well?

"This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months"
Correct, it says nothing of when you closed the account, and as of last month when I asked, there was no data point yet about the minimum wait time. You should be more than fine.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
Thank you.

Applied 2/2. called Biz line 2/4. had decent review with CSR who was business-like and helpful. He asked about my biz, CC uses, and general monthly spend. He indicated all looked clean and I'd likely be approved once supervisor reviewed, part of standard procedure. no request from him for CL transfer or additional info. Told me I should hear via email by 2/6-7. fairly painless. I've had worse CC questioning...Barclay's comes to mind.

Originally Posted by italdesign
Correct, it says nothing of when you closed the account, and as of last month when I asked, there was no data point yet about the minimum wait time. You should be more than fine.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
If I apply for a personal and business card on the same day, is it 2 pulls or 1 on chase?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fresar
If I apply for a personal and business card on the same day, is it 2 pulls or 1 on chase?
Two. There is always a pull for an application.

If you are lucky that Chase pulls from the SAME bureau using the SAME exact name and address of the Chase entity, the 2 pulls would be combined by the bureau so only one shows up on your report.

However it is quite common Chase pulls one from bureau A and the other from bureau B - in this case, no combination would occur and you see inquiries on their respective reports.

In fact Chase could pull TWO separate reports on ONE application - this happened to some people, including myself.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
Two. There is always a pull for an application.

If you are lucky that Chase pulls from the SAME bureau using the SAME exact name and address of the Chase entity, the 2 pulls would be combined by the bureau so only one shows up on your report.

However it is quite common Chase pulls one from bureau A and the other from bureau B - in this case, no combination would occur and you see inquiries on their respective reports.

In fact Chase could pull TWO separate reports on ONE application - this happened to some people, including myself.
I know by personal if you do a 2bbm or 3bbm method it's only one pull, but I never tried a mix of personal and business
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fresar
I know by personal if you do a 2bbm or 3bbm method it's only one pull, but I never tried a mix of personal and business
You dont seem to understand the process of inquiries and why sometimes they only result to one.

Again, it has nothing to do with personal or business. It ONLY happens when the pulls are all from SAME bureau. if Chase pulls DIFFERENT bureaus on each app, you will see the pulls on their respective reports.

And I repeat, sometimes Chase pulls TWO reports on ONE application, when that happens, there would be TWO pulls - one on each respective report, for only ONE application which can be a personal or a biz. It is not an uncommon practice either. It actually happened to me for a good part of 2013.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:13 pm

Is this no foreign transaction fee card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.