Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amolkold
Get a Bold and a Plus for each EIN. Chase allows bonus per business, Amex per SSN.
Same EIN can get both Bold and Plus. Same SSN also can get both Bold and Plus. Have friends succeeded in both scenario. That is not churn at all. Simply 2 different card types, hence Chase allows bonus on each. (unlike AMEX which use "similar products"), and has no need to have different EIN to get bonus on both bold and plus. (same SSN would do as well.)

When reading your post I did not interpret the way you now clarified. I thought you could get bold or plus the 2nd go round and still get the bonus. Apparently that wasn't what you mean.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by bj2757
I hadn't planned to try for this one but I got the 50k offer so jumped on it. I've had all the previous personal cards but don't have any right now. Got the dreaded we have to review your application screen - I think that's my first time - guess we'll see what happens :-)
Just an update - received the email saying my card was on the way Friday.

I had gone to the card page showing all the cards, clicked on the Club Card then back to the regular business card and it changed to 50k.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv
1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer.
I was never able to get the 50K offer to load, but this method WORKED PERFECTLY for me (got the approval e-mail today, called in and confirmed the premium). Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: HA, UA, DL, HHonors, Hyatt, Chase
Does anyone have any info on how long this will last? With the increase in the INK cards to 60K, im wondering which card to go for. The "normal" bonus on this card is 30k, while 50k on the ink. so if this offer doesn't last long (ie at least 3 months to the next churn) then it would be better to try to get this one then the ink.

ie. 50k UA then get 50k INK = 100k
60k INK then get 30k UA = 90k

what do you guys think?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by scoy
Does anyone have any info on how long this will last? With the increase in the INK cards to 60K, im wondering which card to go for. The "normal" bonus on this card is 30k, while 50k on the ink. so if this offer doesn't last long (ie at least 3 months to the next churn) then it would be better to try to get this one then the ink.

ie. 50k UA then get 50k INK = 100k
60k INK then get 30k UA = 90k

what do you guys think?
I would get the Ink now and UA business later. The personal UA 50k offer lasted for a long time and became better over time (additional 5k for authorized user, $50 statement credit).
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
I would get the Ink now and UA business later. The personal UA 50k offer lasted for a long time and became better over time (additional 5k for authorized user, $50 statement credit).
How long should one wait between the 2 apps?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
How long should one wait between the 2 apps?
With Chase there is no definite answer to that question. The more the better.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Thanks for the advice, I was approved for Ink today and will wait for the UA business card.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:26 am

When will credit card awards post?

I just signed up for the 50,000 United Business card and will meet the $2,000 spend in a few days with wedding spending. If I pay it off after hitting the spend limit will the miles post soon after or not until the bill was actually do? Looking to book a trip very soon. Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Miles usually will post within a few days of the statement closing date. Paying off your bill early will NOT accelerate this process
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:47 am

jsmithv's trick below didn't work for me. He said:

"1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer."

When I replace the 30k mi URL applications with the URL above, I get a reply stating "Bad Request."
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:11 am

Is 6 Chase cards (3 biz, 3 personal) all received in 2013 too many?

Right now I have Marriott biz + Explorer personal.

I want to add in the months ahead:

Ink Bold biz, Explorer biz
Marriott pers, Sapphire pers.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Is 6 Chase cards (3 biz, 3 personal) all received in 2013 too many?

Right now I have Marriott biz + Explorer personal.

I want to add in the months ahead:

Ink Bold biz, Explorer biz
Marriott pers, Sapphire pers.
You may risk being shut down by Chase on all your cards if you keep going at this pace if you do not have a long history with Chase. I am not kidding. This happened to a few persons.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Logged on the United.com and got the personal 50+5 offer right away. Clicked on it. Clicked on the "Business Owner?" and got a 50K offer. The first offer was not there just a few days ago. Still won't risk an application for now because I just closed my personal United a couple months ago, and applied for Bold 3 weeks ago. Still wanted to mention that sometimes they just give it to you for no reason at all.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Hmm, the two accounts that I help manage didn't show the 50K offer last week now all of a sudden do. Nothing changed. I just tried switching the tabs and it works. Guys, give it another go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.