Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
I flew once in January, redeemed an award in May, and transferred some UR to UA a few days ago.
This might be worth trying, similar to post #1654 in the united explorer personal thread for those that have done that. This seems to work without the need to clear cookies, etc. I was able to see the 50k offer under my login, but under my wife's login, just the 30k offer. We both have about 60k points in our accounts, both have the personal explorer. The only difference is I had some UR transfer activity. so, for my wife's application, I did the following.

1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer.

My wife's app is still pending, so not sure if by using this link she got the 50k offer, but if not, worst case, we'll send in the screenshot and try to have them match the offer. If someone is going to apply for the 30k and shoot for chase matching the offer, try this method first so we can perhaps verify if it works.

note: You can't just click on the link above, you HAVE to click on Apply Now and load the 30k app first, then replace the current page with this link.

Last edited by jsmithv; Jun 13, 2013 at 8:29 am Reason: make the directions more clear.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Upgrademe731
I'm able to get the 50k link to show up, but now getting an error when I try to apply.

Have tried the direct links and workarounds.

The application was loading earlier. Anyone else experiencing this?
works fine for me.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:16 pm

Does anyone know if you can get an extra 5,000 bonus points with this card by adding an additional user?

Also, I wanted to mention that after clicking around as suggested here, when I clicked back to the personal card, it pulled up the 50K offer. Anyone else notice that?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat (1 MM) HHonors Gold
DH & I both have personal cards, no UA status, no recent flight activity. We get the 30K offers.
SIL has personal card, UA Gold, last UA flight 6/6. She gets 50K offer. Cannot use her link or the one listed above w/o being redirected to 30K offer once we enter our UA acct. numbers. Seems like offer is targeted, to me anyway.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
Key may be recent account activity. Transfer some miles into your account.
Not recent activity driven in my 0-4 example. 1 account just had some MR posted in last few weeks, another has gone almost a year. The one that just has some posted miles also redeemed miles recently.

We all had the personal card around a year ago, but they've all been cancelled for about 6 months. Only other common denominator is that none of us has a flight mile in years, or status, we all live in Texas, and we all have over 100k miles each.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:01 pm

I can't get it to work. recent travel (May). No idea why
Old Jun 12, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv
This might be worth trying, similar to the famed post #1654 in the united explorer personal thread.

1. Login to united.com
2. click apply now on the business explorer 30k offer
3. Replace the current app URL with this one I copied from when i applied:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

Loads a new app that looks the same, but has the F5KH ID in the address, which might be the correct offer for the 50k. I tried this for my wife since she didnt get the offer. When i get that card I can verify if the offer was correct.
You are right Dude. Just called in and confirmed after using your link. Its 50k after spending 2k in 3 months
Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by restonva
Does anyone know if you can get an extra 5,000 bonus points with this card by adding an additional user?
Simple answer is No.
Conceptually there is no "authorized user" for any business card, only employees.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
The 50k offer is not coming up for me. I have the personal United Explorer. I have the Ink Plus and 4 other Chase personal cards. Although I have stellar credit, what are my chances of getting instantly approved for this card? So tempting to apply and after getting it, SM for the other 20K points if possible.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:53 am

2 United apps in one week?

Does anyone know if I can apply for the business card now since I just drove to my Chase branch (2 1/2 hrs each way) on Tuesday, this week, and got approved for the Personal card? When I was at the bank the representative called the credit card company and they said I could only get the bonus on one of the apps, so i just did the personal card. Is there a certain time frame I need to wait to apply for the business card? I will be in FL in 2 weeks and there is a Chase bank near where I am staying since I can't seem to get the 50,000 business offer to show up and the bank does offer it. I have 2 United mileage accounts (by mistake) but neither have any miles in. I need 50,000 more miles after personal card for a total of 105,000 for the travel I want to take. All suggestions appreciated.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:32 am

fwiw, i currently have the personal explorer and was only seeing the 30k explorer and full fee club card (both personal and biz). i logged into united, no dice. then i just kept clicking around between all the offers rather mindlessly, iterating through every one of them (person explorer, personal club, biz explorer, biz club) a few times over. after about 2-3 passes through, i got the waived AF club offer and the 50k biz card offer
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by tyuzwa
Does anyone know if I can apply for the business card now since I just drove to my Chase branch (2 1/2 hrs each way) on Tuesday, this week, and got approved for the Personal card? When I was at the bank the representative called the credit card company and they said I could only get the bonus on one of the apps, so i just did the personal card. Is there a certain time frame I need to wait to apply for the business card? I will be in FL in 2 weeks and there is a Chase bank near where I am staying since I can't seem to get the 50,000 business offer to show up and the bank does offer it. I have 2 United mileage accounts (by mistake) but neither have any miles in. I need 50,000 more miles after personal card for a total of 105,000 for the travel I want to take. All suggestions appreciated.
for future reference, the instructions in the united personal #1654 post work perfectly as long as you follow them and you'll get the united 55k personal offer for 1k spend. No need to head to a branch. With this offer, it seems some people get it, some dont. Login to the united explorer page and click around for a while and see if by some luck you get the 50k offer to pop up. doesnt seem to be any logic behind the offer appearing.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:25 am

[QUOTE][for future reference, the instructions in the united personal #1654 post work perfectly as long as you follow them and you'll get the united 55k personal offer for 1k spend. No need to head to a branch. With this offer, it seems some people get it, some dont. Login to the united explorer page and click around for a while and see if by some luck you get the 50k offer to pop up. doesnt seem to be any logic behind the offer appearing.]

Since they are 2 separate cards, I should be able to get the bonus on both, as stated in the other post? I just can't figure out why when the bank representative called Chase said no. Maybe they misunderstood what she was asking. Would you wait any amount of time before applying for the business card since I was just approved on Tuesday, or should that not matter? Thanks.

PS I can't figure out how to do the quote yet. I'm new to this. Update: I got it now, sorry for the double post. Still looking for a way to delete it completely though.

Last edited by tyuzwa; Jun 13, 2013 at 8:30 am
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by jsmithv
for future reference, the instructions in the united personal #1654 post work perfectly as long as you follow them and you'll get the united 55k personal offer for 1k spend. No need to head to a branch. With this offer, it seems some people get it, some dont. Login to the united explorer page and click around for a while and see if by some luck you get the 50k offer to pop up. doesnt seem to be any logic behind the offer appearing.

Since they are 2 separate cards, I should be able to get the bonus on both, as stated in the other post? I just can't figure out why when the bank representative called Chase said no. Maybe they misunderstood what she was asking. Would you wait any amount of time before applying for the business card since I was just approved on Tuesday for the personal, or should that not matter? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by tyuzwa
Since they are 2 separate cards, I should be able to get the bonus on both, as stated in the other post? I just can't figure out why when the bank representative called Chase said no. Maybe they misunderstood what she was asking. Would you wait any amount of time before applying for the business card since I was just approved on Tuesday for the personal, or should that not matter? Thanks.
I don't think they understood the question. Unless this is different than every other chase product pair (CSP+Ink, SW business + personal, etc.) you will be able to get the bonus on both since yes, one is personal, one is business. The business app will load with whatever MP number you are signed into united.com with, so be certain thats the account you want the miles to post to. I don't think the pre-populated fields are editable on the business app.

As for time between personal and business apps with Chase. In my experience it doesn't matter - Same day, a week later, etc. but ymmv as they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.