Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks, OP. Added to my apps scheduled for soon (as soon as ARS/IDS verify I've frozen them for US Bank!).
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by drdrew450
this card is prob the best offer out there right now for people that already have a bunch of the best cards, yet we here nothing from the blogs...I don't get it...do they not know?
no kidding. there are posts about swa 50k but none about this. this is the best card for united biz ever. previous was only 30k. since i value UA points the most and end up transferring UR to UA anyways, this is actually a better deal than the 50k sapphire from last year since i only have to spend 2k. free first bag, priority boarding, 2x dinning/gas, no foregin transaction fee, 10k bonus w/ 25k spend, primary cdw...i'm tempted to make this my primary card except for freedom category bonus and ink's 5x office.

how long did it take u guys to get his card? they said they'd close another biz card to open this one but i still see 5k credit limit on closed card online.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Couldn't get 50K to show up.. would rather not sending a PM to Chase to match.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
United business card: 50k+10k united miles

Try again. Otherwise someone should be able to get you a screenshot for matching security
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Try again. Otherwise someone should be able to get you a screenshot for matching security
Already a screenshot of this deal on this thread. Just check back 2 pages , post #34
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I hadn't planned to try for this one but I got the 50k offer so jumped on it. I've had all the previous personal cards but don't have any right now. Got the dreaded we have to review your application screen - I think that's my first time - guess we'll see what happens :-)
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:16 pm

Here is the link for the 50k: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBu...rce=navigation. Try to log into your account at united.com then click on the link.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Here is the link for the 50k: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBu...rce=navigation. Try to log into your account at united.com then click on the link.
Thanks, but still couldn't get it to work.

Really wish I knew their criterion-- sounds like about half of people are getting this to work, but batting 0 for 4 on the family accounts
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Thanks, but still couldn't get it to work.

Really wish I knew their criterion-- sounds like about half of people are getting this to work, but batting 0 for 4 on the family accounts
Key may be recent account activity. Transfer some miles into your account.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:33 pm

No 50k for me, had recent account activity, flew 8 times this year on US Airways... Still showing only 30k, boo
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
I was able to see the 50K screen (and the first year free Club card screen) and applied this morning online. What convinced me to do the deal is that I have a MileagePlus Club Card that I got the first year free but just received a charge for the second year. Since most of my flying is international, I have lounge access as a star gold, so the 50,000 miles had more appeal than the free year of lounge access.

I called the automated customer service line (800 436-7927) a couple of hours after applying which reported that my application was pending. I then asked to speak to a representative.

Perhaps because I was canceling one personal Chase card with a high credit limit, the process was pretty painless. The rep did ask me five or six questions about my business and finances, but they were easy since I have a S-Corp. About five minutes later I was approved with the old credit limit moving to the new card.

I also am a United 1K and fly a lot of miles and have a significant United airfare spend ($25-$35K per year) if that made any difference in getting the offer or the approval.

Thanks to all of you for making me aware of this great deal. My advice (at least if you have a "legit" business) is to apply online and call if you do not get instant approval. The Chase reps are very friendly and helpful.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
Key may be recent account activity. Transfer some miles into your account.
My only activity was transferring some UR to my united account in March and redeeming those. I do have a personal explorer already. Maybe that matters somehow?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:21 pm

I keep getting 30K myself, however, I am waiting for the end of the month to actually apply in my next AOR.

For those others that are striking out, did anyone consider calling Chase directly to see if they could get the 50K by applying over the phone?

Earlier posters in this thread have suggested that if you apply for the 30K and speak with a CSR afterwards, they will increase the bonus to 50K. If that works, why wouldn't it work if you call before you apply?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv
My only activity was transferring some UR to my united account in March and redeeming those. I do have a personal explorer already. Maybe that matters somehow?
I flew once in January, redeemed an award in May, and transferred some UR to UA a few days ago.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:31 pm

I'm able to get the 50k link to show up, but now getting an error when I try to apply.

Have tried the direct links and workarounds.

The application was loading earlier. Anyone else experiencing this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.