Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Friends of mine were able to get both Ink Bold and Plus within 60 days.
Originally Posted by AmexCent
I applied for United Biz/Ink Bold/Ink Plus within one week, and got approved for all three of them.
Thanks for sharing. Might consider for applying for Ink card also.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by brg
I was able to get it after logging in to UA in my account; but not when I did not log in
(I also had to go back and forth as they described at the top.)
I can't get the 50k offer to appear. I've tried several times using IE with and without InPrivate browsing. It might be that the 50k offer only appears if you have some preferred UA status. I tried the cut and paste method, and the application is still loaded, but I have no indication that it is for the 50k offer instead of the 30k offer since the bonus is not listed under the T&C.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Long Islander
I can't get the 50k offer to appear. I've tried several times using IE with and without InPrivate browsing. It might be that the 50k offer only appears if you have some preferred UA status. I tried the cut and paste method, and the application is still loaded, but I have no indication that it is for the 50k offer instead of the 30k offer since the bonus is not listed under the T&C.
I don't think it's status. My wife has no FF status with United. Today I logged in on her account, using Chrome, and it worked again. I had previously made it work when I logged into my account, which at the time was short of Premier Silver.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Exclamation It can depends on cookies !!

Tried to get to the 50K miles screen via my Mileage Plus acct on my PC. It did not work. Tried same on my wife's PC and it did work. I applied.
My conclusion: Cookies.

BTW - Before the above, also tried to send to Chase a secure message, saying that I only see the 30K offer, asking for the 50K. Response: It is by invitation only.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF
Response: It is by invitation only.
Heh. We FlyerTalkers are travel industry party crashers.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Long Islander
Definitely does NOT have anything to do with status. For me, like many others, it was all about logging in first and then getting to the 50K offer. YMMV
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I applied today, but got the further review message. I'll just wait and see. I have two cards to finish spend on right now, so I'm not in a hurry to get this one.
I was rejected because of "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". I have 1 UA Explorer, 1 PC and 1 Ink Plus business, so I guess it's the number of other cards I've been getting recently.

There goes my hope of getting to 120K quickly.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I was rejected because of "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". I have 1 UA Explorer, 1 PC and 1 Ink Plus business, so I guess it's the number of other cards I've been getting recently.

There goes my hope of getting to 120K quickly.
I would call the reconsideration line (number posted everywhere, MMS has a blog entry with arrows if needed). IME Chase has been very open to moving credit lines around to open new accounts.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:17 pm

Does this still Works? Also can anybody confirm that they received 50K offer after doing this trick recently.

I have tried 5 computers and all the browsers but I can never see that 50K offer for business card.

Originally Posted by jsmithv
This might be worth trying, similar to post #1654 in the united explorer personal thread for those that have done that. This seems to work without the need to clear cookies, etc. I was able to see the 50k offer under my login, but under my wife's login, just the 30k offer. We both have about 60k points in our accounts, both have the personal explorer. The only difference is I had some UR transfer activity. so, for my wife's application, I did the following.

1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer.

My wife's app is still pending, so not sure if by using this link she got the 50k offer, but if not, worst case, we'll send in the screenshot and try to have them match the offer. If someone is going to apply for the 30k and shoot for chase matching the offer, try this method first so we can perhaps verify if it works.

note: You can't just click on the link above, you HAVE to click on Apply Now and load the 30k app first, then replace the current page with this link.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv
This might be worth trying, similar to post #1654 in the united explorer personal thread for those that have done that. This seems to work without the need to clear cookies, etc. I was able to see the 50k offer under my login, but under my wife's login, just the 30k offer. We both have about 60k points in our accounts, both have the personal explorer. The only difference is I had some UR transfer activity. so, for my wife's application, I did the following.

1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer.

My wife's app is still pending, so not sure if by using this link she got the 50k offer, but if not, worst case, we'll send in the screenshot and try to have them match the offer. If someone is going to apply for the 30k and shoot for chase matching the offer, try this method first so we can perhaps verify if it works.

note: You can't just click on the link above, you HAVE to click on Apply Now and load the 30k app first, then replace the current page with this link.
jsmithv, so what's the verdict? This post was from June 12, so did your wife get the 50k bonus or the 30k bonus?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by myworld
Does this still Works? Also can anybody confirm that they received 50K offer after doing this trick recently.

I have tried 5 computers and all the browsers but I can never see that 50K offer for business card.
myworld, did you do the sequence exactly as set forth by econwatch, below? It's worked for me twice, including a few days ago.

Originally Posted by econwatch
Have confirmed that the 50K offer works in Internet Explorer, does not work in Chrome.
Login to your UAL,
Products and Services,
Get Credit Card,
United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card,
shows 30K offer, $1K spend in 3mo.

Click on MileagePlus Club Business Card tab,
click back to MP Explorer Business Card,
shows 50K offer, $2K spend in 3mo.

Applied and waiting for response.

United MileagePlus® Explorer Business Card
We need to review your application to make a decision.
Here's what you can expect:
•Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days. •If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information in the mail.•Please do not resubmit this application.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I couldn't get the "trick" to work, so I gave up, applied for the default 30K offer, then after approval sent in request via SM to match the 50K offer. They said yes.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
myworld, did you do the sequence exactly as set forth by econwatch, below? It's worked for me twice, including a few days ago.
hi Dhuey, Yes i followed all the steps just like econwatch's post. Following this steps since two weeks on 5 different computers... But never show the 50K offer.

I got the UME personal card about 2 months ago and i have about 80K points in my UA account right now.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by myworld
hi Dhuey, Yes i followed all the steps just like econwatch's post. Following this steps since two weeks on 5 different computers... But never show the 50K offer.

I got the UME personal card about 2 months ago and i have about 80K points in my UA account right now.
That's odd. Are all of these computers using the same browser (Chrome or IE)?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
That's odd. Are all of these computers using the same browser (Chrome or IE)?
No. I tried 3 windows 7 and 2 macs. I tried IE, Firefox, Safari and chrome in regular and private mode. Always clears history and cookies before trying this trick.. But No luck..

There must be some algorithm which is not showing me 50K offer..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.