Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You may risk being shut down by Chase on all your cards if you keep going at this pace if you do not have a long history with Chase. I am not kidding. This happened to a few persons.
I have a history with Chase that goes back to 2007.
MR card 2007, closed a year later.
BA card 2008 and 2011 each closed a year later.
MR personal card 2012, closed a year later
BA personal card opened June 2012, still open.
MR biz card opened March 2013, still open.

I've been spending pretty large amounts on the BA cards (over $50k per year on each BA card). On the Marriott biz card, I spend over $6k the first month I got it. Current credit limit is around $29k per card, so it seems they think I'm a good credit risk.

Do you think there's still a risk of being shut down?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I have a history with Chase that goes back to 2007.
MR card 2007, closed a year later.
BA card 2008 and 2011 each closed a year later.
MR personal card 2012, closed a year later
BA personal card opened June 2012, still open.
MR biz card opened March 2013, still open.

I've been spending pretty large amounts on the BA cards (over $50k per year on each BA card). On the Marriott biz card, I spend over $6k the first month I got it. Current credit limit is around $29k per card, so it seems they think I'm a good credit risk.

Do you think there's still a risk of being shut down?
In this case you can go for it and would probably need reallocation of lines. I suspect 29K x 6 cards (you said you have 3 personal and 3 biz currently open) would be getting close to the ceiling Chase would extend regardless your spend / payment history. (think the ratio to one's income) especially you would no doubt have cards from other issuers.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:39 am

Applied last week (using Cut and Paste method) and got approved. SMed to confirm bonus (left it open ended) and they replied that it's $2000 within 3 months (for 50K).

Is anyone else getting this?

Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Redhead
Miles usually will post within a few days of the statement closing date. Paying off your bill early will NOT accelerate this process
Same, tried this when I was new to the game. Miles post after the statement closing date, nothing you can do to accelerate that.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Received 50K on the cut and paste method!

Originally Posted by jmdeng
Applied last week (using Cut and Paste method) and got approved. SMed to confirm bonus (left it open ended) and they replied that it's $2000 within 3 months (for 50K).

Is anyone else getting this?

Thanks
Yup, same here. Received the card today, called this evening and directly asked for confirmation on the 50K offering.

Thanks Jsmithv!!^
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:09 am

I had not been so successful in trying smithv's cut and paste method. Like some others have reported, when I paste the link https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC I get the message "bad request."

I just figured out my mistake, which I think may be common knowledge for the computer literate world.

It seems the settings on my computer show URLs in documents in their abbreviated forms as a link, as indicated by the ellipses (. . .) in the middle of it. In the case of smithv's link, if you click it you are first brought to a "transferring page" then to the application page. However, if you cut and paste it and replace the current URL you get the "bad request" message as it is not a complete address.

To remedy this, I clicked the link and then quickly block copied the URL appearing above the "transferring page" before it took me to the application (which had a completely different URL). (It's possible that by completing the application at this point you could get the 50k offer but there's no data on this.)

I saved the complete URL in Word and will use it following smithv's instructions in tomorrow's AOR. I will report back.

Last edited by MrMoonlight; Jun 25, 2013 at 4:43 am
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
It seems the settings on my computer show URLs in documents in their abbreviated forms as a link, as indicated by the ellipses (. . .) in the middle of it. In the case of smithv's link, if you click it you are first brought to a "transferring page" then to the application page. However, if you cut and paste it and replace the current URL you get the "bad request" message as it is not a complete address.

To remedy this, I clicked the link and then quickly block copied the URL appearing above the "transferring page" before it took me to the application (which had a completely different URL). (It's possible that by completing the application at this point you could get the 50k offer but there's no data on this.)
In Firefox you right click the link and choose "Copy link location". In IE you right-click and choose "Copy shortcut". You don't copy and paste the TEXT of the link; that text can be anything (e.g. if it says "Follow this link" you don't copy and paste the word "link".
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
In Firefox you right click the link and choose "Copy link location". In IE you right-click and choose "Copy shortcut". You don't copy and paste the TEXT of the link; that text can be anything (e.g. if it says "Follow this link" you don't copy and paste the word "link".
Your comment is not correct. I just did an experiment just to test your theory. (not need it because I already had the card thru the 50K link directly on UA site after logged in).

Guess what, it DID give me the same "Bad Request" using the EXACT mechanism you described - right click to open link in a new tab.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SFWanderer
Yup, same here. Received the card today, called this evening and directly asked for confirmation on the 50K offering.
Oops, I meant that I was surprised that the spending requirement was $2000. The OP's experience seems to have been $1000. Was your spend requirement 2000 or 1000?

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:36 pm

Your comment is not correct. I just did an experiment just to test your theory. (not need it because I already had the card thru the 50K link directly on UA site after logged in).

Guess what, it DID give me the same "Bad Request" using the EXACT mechanism you described - right click to open link in a new tab.
Probably because you right clicked/copy shortcut the link that he pasted in his reply about not being able to get it to work. Right click on my link in my original post and copy shortcut. People getting 'bad request' are probably pasting the link that looks like it does in the post - which is shortened and not the full URL.

Bottom line, go back to my original post and right click on my link and choose copy link or copy shortcut and then paste that when appropriate and it will work.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by SFWanderer

Thanks Jsmithv!!^
Glad to hear it is working.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:53 pm

Well, that isn't the exact method I described, but it should work. The problem was that in MrMoonlight's post, the underlying URL is also bad, because he copied and pasted the bad text (rather than the correct URL) into his message and the board software converted the bad text into a link.

As noted in a post above, use the link in the original (correct) post.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:22 pm

Just got approved for Ink Bold. How long should I wait to apply for this United biz card?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
I had not been so successful in trying smithv's cut and paste method. Like some others have reported, when I paste the link https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC I get the message "bad request."

I just figured out my mistake, which I think may be common knowledge for the computer literate world.

I saved the complete URL in Word and will use it following smithv's instructions in tomorrow's AOR. I will report back.
You are right! I just did what jsmithv suggested, but this time, I copied his 50k app link by right clicking and then pasting, and I got an app page instead of "bad request." There's nothing to indicate that the bonus is 50k, but like smithv said, worst case, you get 30k and then send a SM asking for the additional 20k.

Thanks for solving the mystery.

Last edited by Long Islander; Jun 26, 2013 at 7:20 am
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
I wasn't able to see the 50k offer as well.

Has anyone had the business card twice and received the bonus? I had it in Jan'12 (25k bonus) I closed it in Dec'12 to open the Ink Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.