Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Definition of "Office Supply Store"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
list of office supply stores for Ink+

just wondering is there an official list of office supply stores (for Ink+ 5x category). Remember the CS mentioned OfficeDepot and OfficeMax when I activated the card, but I don't have either close to where I live. So wondering what other stores will qualify?

How about Staples?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Staples qualifies. Those are the big three.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by travelsg
j...what other stores will qualify?
Start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-database.html
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:36 pm

I'm sure I knew the answer to this at one point, but do we get 5X+ pts for buying third party gift cards from OD/OM/Staples when going through the Chase UR Mall plus using an Ink?

Example: Staples sells Southwest gift cards at face value online. On the UR Mall Staples gets 2X points. So could I get 7X by going through the UR Mall and then using my Ink? A nuance to this is whether or not it matters if we buy the physical GC or the eGiftCard? Staples sells both on their website.

Would be great to get 7X UR pts PLUS SW pts for a SW ticket!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator
I'm sure I knew the answer to this at one point, but do we get 5X+ pts for buying third party gift cards from OD/OM/Staples when going through the Chase UR Mall plus using an Ink?

Example: Staples sells Southwest gift cards at face value online. On the UR Mall Staples gets 2X points. So could I get 7X by going through the UR Mall and then using my Ink? A nuance to this is whether or not it matters if we buy the physical GC or the eGiftCard? Staples sells both on their website.

Yes you do.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by terpfan101
Yes you do.
Thanks. Do you know if we have to purchase the physical GCs? Or can we just get the eGCs (delivered to email)?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by MilesGator

I bought GCs from staples.com using the UR Mall and I did get the points. HOWEVER, they said delivery date was 2.5-3 weeks out. So i waited and at the 2.5 week mark, I had not received anything on the mail. I called Staples and they said they had no idea where it was and to keep waiting, five days later, nothing, so I called them again to cancel the order. I dont think waiting that long for 2pts/$ is worth it. Maybe it was just a one time thing, who knows. BUt i think from now on, I'm just going directly to the store to buy stuff. There's like 4 or 5 of them on the way to work

Last edited by atcanobbio; Jun 28, 2013 at 10:40 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I bought GCs from staples.com using the UR Mall and I did get the points. HOWEVER, they said delivery date was 2.5-3 weeks out. So i waited and at the 2.5 week mark, I had not received anything on the mail. I called Staples and they said they had no idea where it was and to keep waiting, five days later, nothing, so I called them again to cancel the order. I dont think waiting that long for 2pts/$ is worth it. Maybe it was just a one time thing, who knows. BUt i think from now on, I'm just going directly to the store to buy stuff. There's like 4 or 5 of them on the way to work

Did you buy the e-cards or the mail delivery cards? Just curious.

There is no excuse for them not delivering e-cards quickly.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Did you buy the e-cards or the mail delivery cards? Just curious.

There is no excuse for them not delivering e-cards quickly.
I was forced to get the mail delivery cards since the merchant i was looking for didn't have the e-cards.

and to clarify my earlier post. I did receive the 5pts/$ for the purchase, but my 2pts/$ bonus from buying them via the UR Mall have not posted. Not sure if they will, Staples is talking their sweet @$$ time refunding my money.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:29 pm

I was forced to get the mail delivery cards since the merchant i was looking for didn't have the e-cards.

and to clarify my earlier post. I did receive the 5pts/$ for the purchase, but my 2pts/$ bonus from buying them via the UR Mall have not posted. Not sure if they will, Staples is talking their sweet @$$ time refunding my money.

I just looked at the UR Mall, and saw this for the 3x points on Staples.com. This may be why you didn't get your extra points.

Staples.com Terms & Conditions

Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Shopping cart must be empty prior to accessing Staples through this site to be eligible. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents. Not eligible on Promotional Products, technology, software, and electronics. Discount reward certificates and Copy and Print shop orders are not eligible. Staples Business Advantage orders are not eligible. Contact with Staples for price matching, sales assistance, etc. will likely cancel eligibility.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
I just looked at the UR Mall, and saw this for the 3x points on Staples.com. This may be why you didn't get your extra points.

Staples.com Terms & Conditions

Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Shopping cart must be empty prior to accessing Staples through this site to be eligible. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents. Not eligible on Promotional Products, technology, software, and electronics. Discount reward certificates and Copy and Print shop orders are not eligible. Staples Business Advantage orders are not eligible. Contact with Staples for price matching, sales assistance, etc. will likely cancel eligibility.
that might be it, but I read somewhere that they were having luck in earning the UR bonus points when buying gift cards through staples.com using UR mall.

It could also be that my purchase was over $1000, which I've read that it takes the UR points longer to post compared to purchases under $1000. So idk, we'll see.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:17 pm

that might be it, but I read somewhere that they were having luck in earning the UR bonus points when buying gift cards through staples.com using UR mall.

It could also be that my purchase was over $1000, which I've read that it takes the UR points longer to post compared to purchases under $1000. So idk, we'll see.

Could you post how that works out? There are some 3rd party cards at Staples.com that I am interested in. Right now, I am waiting in the indefinite backup for Chase to approve my Ink Bold app. I applied on 6/22 for the 60k promo, and no answer yet. I would like to put those charges on the new card when/if I get it.

Likewise, when I get the Bold, I will try to buy my gift cards at Staples.com, and post my results here. I have an existing Ink Plus, so I will buy the cards either way. Would rather put the spending towards the $5000 minimum spend on the new Bold, though.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: CO Plat
I know this covers mostly office supply stores but not sure if anyone has any success getting 5x points from buying office supplies from a store called Lakeshore Learning Store (mostly school teachers use it).
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:49 am

I noticed that my Office Max online purchase is not coded as Office Supplies (according to Blueprint). Anyone else have this issue?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kadence
I noticed that my Office Max online purchase is not coded as Office Supplies (according to Blueprint). Anyone else have this issue?
Ditto here. We'll see when the statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.