Just Got Chase Hyatt / Cancel SAPPHIRE Pref?

Subscribe
hi guys.. need help rationalizing..

I have 2 ink cards. Chase sapphire regular.. and chase sapphire preferred..

I just got approved for the Chase Hyatt..

I really like booking vacations through the UR portal. Would the 20% extra by booking using the UR portal be enough reason to keep the SAPPHIRE PREF? or should i just keep the free sapphire regular? ? I'm definately going to keep the chase hyatt.. the free room every year is worth it for the price of admission.
i'm confused by your wording

but if you have 2 ink(bold/plus?) then you don't need a preferred if you don't want it..the sapphire regular is enough..as long as you hold a ink bold/plus
Quote: I have 2 ink cards. Chase sapphire regular.. and chase sapphire preferred..
I assume the OP meant 2 UR earning cards, not 2 ink cards?

Here's a good comparison of the Sapphire vs. Sapphire Preferred.

Not sure the math works if the 20% bonus is all you're taking advantage of for the $95 annual fee…even with the bonus though, you're getting a maximum of 1.2 cents per point; a much higher value can be obtained through airline and hotel program transfers, which requires the Preferred card. Depends on your travel patterns and desires though.

Edit: I'm confused about whether you're talking about earning points by booking through UR travel or saving points when redeeming through UR travel. I do not think the former exists, but I am happy to be wrong.
ok thanks for the info..

i thought my bold ink cards didnt have the 20% "Bonus" for booking through the UR portal like my sapphire preferred..

but the only one that doesnt have the 20% bonus.. is the regular sapphire.

i guess i dont need the preferred anymore.

thanks.