Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase and Citi BOTH just sent emails asking for my income?

Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I just got an email from both Chase and Citi. Both of them are asking me to log in and update my income ("ACTION REQUESTED. Please update your account"). Kind of strange I got both emails within 12 hours of one another.

My income was given when I signed up for the cards (obviously), they claim they like me to keep it updated to keep their records up to date and also help for consideration for future credit line increases (which I could care less about).

Funny because I've never gotten a request like this before, but last year was a down year for my income (business owner) and 2 banks hit me up out of nowhere at the same time.

Anyone else get these emails?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:53 am

I received the same email from Chase earlier this morning as well. I've actually seen online popups asking for this when I've logged into my Citi account but have always been able to skip it. I have also seen this request thru Barclaycard when logging into my JetBlue card portal but again I have been able to skip the process without any issues.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Received one from both Capitol one and Chase today. Funny thing is last week when I logged on to my Chase account I was prompted to enter that information then. Don't know why they are asking again since I gave it to them.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:41 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Quarterly review?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Wondering if you set a new monthly balance record on all accounts that popped on your credit report and they're wondering how you're paying it off every month. It would make sense they'd both have similar algorithms in their risk modeling software. If you earn $50k a year and just paid off 10k in debt last month, it could look somewhat... odd
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:51 am
RNE

Originally Posted by David Ocamb
Wondering if you set a new monthly balance record on all accounts that popped...
High balance might be a trigger, but not in my case. I'm at a nadir but was hit with income verification requests pretty much across the board. I think United747 is correct: it's a periodic review.

RNE, griping that it was a pain to convert my income in Martian drachmas to U.S. dollars.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Probably just a coincidence. Banks need to verify income before giving out CL increases due to some regulation, so this could be just that.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:35 am

I got this request for one of my Citi cards, the DoubleCash. I have 4 Citi cards and this card has the second lowest CL though ample for its usage, which is about $50 a month. Two of my other three have higher usage and higher CL. None of them have had a high utilization of CL, not even as high as 10% even temporarily, and all have had balances consistently paid in full.

My point is I have no idea why I received an inquiry on this card of the 4 I hold with Citi.

My guess was they were considering offering a CL increase, but I do not want or need that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.