Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Buying Apple and getting points [includes hardware and iTunes]

Buying Apple and getting points [includes hardware and iTunes]

Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA 1mil SPG Gold and a variety of others
I'm in the market so good thread. Hopefully AA or another will get back into the bonus offers for this soon.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
I'm loath to create a new thread for a semi-related question so here goes. I understand that iTunes purchases qualify for miles too through the airlines' portals, but does it still work if I were to use it against my $100 iTunes credit that's already in my account? I usually just purchase books from the iBookstore on my iPad.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Quarantine
I'm loath to create a new thread for a semi-related question so here goes. I understand that iTunes purchases qualify for miles too through the airlines' portals, but does it still work if I were to use it against my $100 iTunes credit that's already in my account? I usually just purchase books from the iBookstore on my iPad.
Not positive but it would be a cheap experiment to buy one iTune & find out. This will extend your AA FF acct. 18 months if it works.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:01 am

What happened to the Apple store on the UR portal? It's not there or on the united site. It's time for a new computer!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by boiani
What happened to the Apple store on the UR portal? It's not there or on the united site. It's time for a new computer!
Best Buy?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Quarantine
100% has worked for me in the last two months on both the american and southwest shopping portals. I just opened itunes through the portal and used the giftcard balance I already had deposited on there months ago.

Walmart.com has had some deals for $50 GC in the past for $40 so I stocked up awhile ago and have a balance left.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by growlers
100% has worked for me in the last two months on both the american and southwest shopping portals. I just opened itunes through the portal and used the giftcard balance I already had deposited on there months ago.

Walmart.com has had some deals for $50 GC in the past for $40 so I stocked up awhile ago and have a balance left.
Thanks for the info growlers, good to know!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:37 am

thanks for the information peeps
Old Apr 8, 2013, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by growlers

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize you could get the points for using gift card balances
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by boiani
Has anyone found a portal that still includes apple? I checked a few of them and it looks like they've stopped participating in any of the miles or cash-back schemes. I'd hate to be wrong, of course . . .
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Has anyone found a portal that still includes apple? I checked a few of them and it looks like they've stopped participating in any of the miles or cash-back schemes. I'd hate to be wrong, of course . . .
Chase UR.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:39 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Has anyone found a portal that still includes apple?
American Airlines
British Airways
Virgin Atlantic

Citi ThankYou
Old Apr 10, 2013, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by josephstern
Chase UR.
I know its still far off- but Chase UR has 10x at best buy during November
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Chase UR.
Not anymore. That's my preferred portal, and they are no longer listed there.

Originally Posted by mia
American Airlines
British Airways
Virgin Atlantic

Citi ThankYou
4 portals I've never used before - that may explain why I couldn't find it anymore. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:10 pm

Huh. I used Apple through UR two weeks ago (and got the points) but they're definitely gone now. That's too bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.