Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you been blacklisted by Chase?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by iruvmattree
Chase just shut my checking (personal/biz) down. I didn't MS much on their cards, but I'm guessing they'll shut those down soon. I did abuse the checking account a lot.

So question is, should I proactively shut down my credit cards or should I wait for chase to do it themselves? This is pertaining to my credit score
I agree, while it does not matter to your credit score, you should move UR points out.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
My friends did.

One of my friend was blacklisted for "gaming" the checking bonus. He was eventually removed from the list when I held Jamie Dimon accountable (seriously, this is the case).

One of my friend was blacklisted because of an immediate withdrawal of cash deposit borrowed from me (for gambling).
OK, I'm curious enough to ask: How did you hold Jamie Dimon accountable?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by I can see for miles
OK, I'm curious enough to ask: How did you hold Jamie Dimon accountable?
Make a complaint through Investor Relations. I was a shareholder at that point.

(Regardless how large or small quantities shares you have, your shares always have a higher priority than those Jamie Dimon has and he works for you.)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:20 pm

(Regardless how large or small quantities shares you have, your shares always have a higher priority than those Jamie Dimon has and he works for you.)
Unless the company has different classes of shares, all shares have the same "priority". Since Dimon probably has more shares than you he has more influence than you in any shareholder vote.

Dimon actually works for the board of directors (they can hire/fire him and determine his compensation). The board represents you, along with all other shareholders. And I'm sure that "Investor Relations" has absolutely no operating authority to do anything other than arrange for coffee and donuts at the annual shareholder meetings.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by SteveT
Originally Posted by LoveMountains
My wife just got both of her Chase accounts closed.
Both cards were SW (personal / biz) opened in Nov. last year. Other than that, she had Chase SP card that she has closed back in April.
Biz SW card had no usage except for MS back in Dec. / Jan.
Personal SW card had MS usage back in Dec/Jan and $15 charge in May.

She had no other Chase CCs and she has not applied for a CC since Jan.

Calling to Chase was not helpful. Answer: business decision.

Any suggestions?
What department did your wife speak to regarding the credit card closures?

I would call the Executive Office at 888-622-7547 or the Credit Department at 888-245-0625 to find out the exact reasons for closure.

While they have a right to close your accounts for any reason, they should have the courtesy of at least telling you the reason why.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver

...and thats how you waste your time with absolutely no adverse affect on him, nor help the situation in any way
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by prestonv
I had all my Chase CC cancelled about 6 months ago (business and personal). Was able to move all UR points out with no problem. Explanation in letter was something like "CC usage not normal" or something like that. I had about 10 chase cards between wife and myself and the business. Did a lot of MS (about $300K per year ... pretty close to my reported income) as well as recycling my credit line through WM BP. No real churning (maybe 2 or 3 new cards per year) and paid every CC bill on time (early in most cases).

Received an offer in the mail to open a checking account and savings account and get $400 about 2 months ago. Took the offer (in a branch) and deposited $25K with WF check (no MO). All okay (received ATM cards) .... then 2 weeks later received notice they were cancelling my checking and savings accounts. Cashed out with no problem. I was hoping to use the checking and savings account to work my way back in ... no luck.

I figure I'll just wait another year and try again unless I read about some brilliant ideas.
I would add 10-15 years to that and you might get lucky, but in 1 year you do not stand a chance in hell
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Unless the company has different classes of shares, all shares have the same "priority". Since Dimon probably has more shares than you he has more influence than you in any shareholder vote.
He has no vote. Otherwise, any CEO can counter a vote of non-confidence easily.

Dimon actually works for the board of directors (they can hire/fire him and determine his compensation). The board represents you, along with all other shareholders.
He does work for shareholders.

1. Even he is a CEO, he is still an employee.

2. The Board, on behalf of shareholders, hires him.

3. Shareholders own the company.

And I'm sure that "Investor Relations" has absolutely no operating authority to do anything other than arrange for coffee and donuts at the annual shareholder meetings.
I am sorry, but that's old news for years.

It will not happen, as it has happened.

Originally Posted by skibum7732
...and thats how you waste your time with absolutely no adverse affect on him, nor help the situation in any way
FWIW - I did get my friend off from blacklist, confirmed by his office.

If you say wasting time, your post is truly one of those wasting time as it will not help the situation anyway
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:41 pm

How did you "abuse" your checking account? The only thing I can think of is MO ...

If it was me, I'd hang onto the cards till the bitter end. They did not screw me out of any of my UR points or miles and I was earning more than 500K UR points per year (with 5X Ink)
Yeah, it was a lot of MOs. Thing is I only put them into my personal account but they also closed my business account (which was 100% legit). I've transferred out all my URs, although I've heard they usually give you a month to transfer before shutting down CCs.

I've decided to let the CCs stay open for now and if they shut them down then so be it :'( I've read on credit boards that it doesn't matter much who closes the account.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
God this is scary...I better cool it. Thanks for the information guys.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
has anyone been banned for too much credit. I have amid 700 score. Opened a dozen new cards in last 6 months. 3 with chase!

I plan to tone it down. I am scared though. Should I call chase and ask to lower my credit limits? They account for nearly 40% of my aggregate credit limit.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by pstravels
has anyone been banned for too much credit. I have amid 700 score. Opened a dozen new cards in last 6 months. 3 with chase!

I plan to tone it down. I am scared though. Should I call chase and ask to lower my credit limits? They account for nearly 40% of my aggregate credit limit.
There are reports scattered throughout the boards that opening too many cards in a short period of time has led to account closures. There are several factors involved such as average age of accounts, payment history etc. that allow some to be more aggressive than others with getting new cards, but I think your are right to slow down now. I'm not sure if proactively reducing your credit lines will help. But not applying for any new cards and spending more time reading the threads here would be a good idea. You mention your score is 700. You do realize there are three different credit bureaus each with different scoring criteria, right?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:10 am

I would not lower the credit line. There are reports that banks look at the line you have at other banks and want them in line with each other. (No hard evidence really.)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by rrgg
I would not lower the credit line. There are reports that banks look at the line you have at other banks and want them in line with each other. (No hard evidence really.)
You're right. I asked Chase for a $20,000 credit line bump because the CSP is my main credit card. They said that they weren't comfortable doing so until other cards reached a similar credit line. In other words, they didn't want to be the first bank to raise one of my limits that high. Although...they did raise it 6 months later automatically
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:50 pm

Removed from blacklist

I think I just got off the Chase blacklist. I had an issue with a couple of Washington Mutual cc's back in 2007. Chase bought their debts and blacklisted me. I eventually settled for about 20-30% of the original debt. Last year I applied for the Sapphire card and was denied. I called the recon line and explained the issue with WM and how my credit has been perfect since(currently 751). I also have a Chase checking account with direct deposit and a Chase car loan. I explained that I wanted to continue my good relationship with Chase. The recon agent put me on hold and still denied me, but told me they liked the direction my credit was heading but that they wanted to see some credit cards on my report with at least an $8K limit. I just applied for the Freedom card and got the Pending notice. I called Recon expecting to have to go through the same spiel. This time they asked why I had opened so many cc's in the past year(10 cards with various banks). I told them those were all airline and hotel cards because I travel a lot for work and liked the benefits. Then they asked why my Capital One card was almost maxed out. In actuality I just did a balance transfer last week and that card is now at $0, which hadn't yet shown up on their system. They put me on hold again and came back and approved me for a $3K CL. They never brought up the prior issues I had with the Washington Mutual/Chase CO's. So hopefully the Freedom card will be a stepping stone to some other Chase cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.