Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yup. 12/2012 and 11/2013. That was before they were advertising one bonus every 24 months, and which seems to be in place for new applications. I didn't know that was there, so I have no idea if it will work now.
I have also had 2 Ink Plus cards for 2 separate businesses and received the bonus for both.

Last bonus was 4/14, so again before the 24 month rule.

Still not sure if using an EIN vs. SS would get around the 24 month rule.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by maxmnx
I have also had 2 Ink Plus cards for 2 separate businesses and received the bonus for both.

Last bonus was 4/14, so again before the 24 month rule.

Still not sure if using an EIN vs. SS would get around the 24 month rule.
I'm not sure, the current terms just say that you can't get the bonus if you've gotten the bonus on an Ink Plus card within the past 24 months with no mention of different companies.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:58 am

As long as it's a legitmate business and checks out, you should be fine regardless of the ein or ssn.

Technically you're allowed to have different businesses operating with same ein or ssn if you want. It's just a matter of tax filing and preferences.

I know business owners who insist on having a different ein for every business entity made and

than there are those who will have three different businesses under one ssn or ein
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Verpiss
As long as it's a legitmate business and checks out, you should be fine regardless of the ein or ssn.

Technically you're allowed to have different businesses operating with same ein or ssn if you want. It's just a matter of tax filing and preferences.

I know business owners who insist on having a different ein for every business entity made and

than there are those who will have three different businesses under one ssn or ein
Yes, but will Chase give you the bonus again now that they stipulate 24 months in the terms?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yes, but will Chase give you the bonus again now that they stipulate 24 months in the terms?

Someone's already posted that they received the bonus so I'm not sure Why that's a lingering question on your mind.

They should, for all intents and purposes, honor it. I personally am not a business owner, so I don't know that aspect personally, I'll admit.

But if they don't allow you to apply for two freedoms or two chase sapphire preferred or any card for that matter when you already have one--if they allow you to apply for the same business card twice and approved, even with the same tax id, but because it's a different business entity..

Esp since those who've been assigned as an authorized user has trouble getting approved automatically; essentially they're auto declined and have to call in to explain the situation personally to be approved
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Verpiss
Someone's already posted that they received the bonus so I'm not sure Why that's a lingering question on your mind.

They should, for all intents and purposes, honor it. I personally am not a business owner, so I don't know that aspect personally, I'll admit.

But if they don't allow you to apply for two freedoms or two chase sapphire preferred or any card for that matter when you already have one--if they allow you to apply for the same business card twice and approved, even with the same tax id, but because it's a different business entity..

Esp since those who've been assigned as an authorized user has trouble getting approved automatically; essentially they're auto declined and have to call in to explain the situation personally to be approved
Where is the report of someone getting the bonus a 2nd time for the exact same card, same SS#, but different businesses after the new 24month language was added to the terms?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:10 am

family business

We have a family business which I am involved in but no on paper. Planning on applying for this card using my SSN. I have a great credit score and good hx with chase but no checking/savings acct hx. How are my chances of getting approved? Slim? Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by vishalp0826
We have a family business which I am involved in but no on paper. Planning on applying for this card using my SSN. I have a great credit score and good hx with chase but no checking/savings acct hx. How are my chances of getting approved? Slim? Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks
What is hx? History?

If you do have a legit business I'd say your chances are fairly good. Just make sure to have some numbers ready in regards to finances of the company. Revenues, profit, spending per month, etc.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I hope all your apps for the Inks go well. 2 years ago, they were giving them out like Halloween candy, in the old ODVR days. Now, it's the Inquisition almost all the time it seems, even on LEGIT businesses! So...it's timely that the UA card has a good bonus now. Our Miles Team was going to apply for 3 Inks during SBW, but strategy's changed now that the AF isn't waived on the 60K offer. We'll have to be content with the 4 Inks we're MSing on now.

Just wish the dang Hyatt card gave points instead of free nights! So much more flexibility with points, you know? 60K Hyatt point bonus in lieu of the 2 free nights would rock! It's costing Chase/Hyatt the same either way...
Old May 2, 2015, 1:31 pm

Several bloggers are reporting the new Ink Plus app for 60K (vs usual 50K) for $5000 spend in the first 3 months. Note that this offer -- allegedly available until 5/25 -- does not waive the AF for the first year, so you're buying the extra 10K points for $95.

I'll add to the wiki shortly.

UPDATE: The old 50K Ink Plus link was downgraded to 40K, but I located several new(ish) 50K links & added those to the wiki.

Last edited by beltway; May 2, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Old May 2, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Several bloggers are reporting the new Ink Plus app for 60K (vs usual 50K) for $5000 spend in the first 3 months. Note that this offer -- allegedly available until 5/25 -- does not waive the AF for the first year, so you're buying the extra 10K points for $95.

I'll add to the wiki shortly.
Random question, but you're not a Cincinnati Reds fan, are you?

I am actually in the process of finishing my spend on this card for the original 50K points. I wonder if I send a secure message if I can get in on this offer and pay the annual fee (which I would happily do for 10K points). Anyone else in a similar situation or has anyone else tried reaching out on this yet? I know it's early.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Random question, but you're not a Cincinnati Reds fan, are you?

I am actually in the process of finishing my spend on this card for the original 50K points. I wonder if I send a secure message if I can get in on this offer and pay the annual fee (which I would happily do for 10K points). Anyone else in a similar situation or has anyone else tried reaching out on this yet? I know it's early.
Red Sox fan here.

People have had much success asking Chase to "bump the bonus" to a higher offer, provided it's within 90 days of their account opening, but I'm not certain we have many data points for cases where the offer difference also involved fee waiver/non-waiver. You have nothing to lose by asking.
Old May 2, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Red Sox fan here.

People have had much success asking Chase to "bump the bonus" to a higher offer, provided it's within 90 days of their account opening, but I'm not certain we have many data points for cases where the offer difference also involved fee waiver/non-waiver. You have nothing to lose by asking.
Data point here. I've asked 3 times (twice on one card, and once on another) about bumping the bonuses when one offer included the AF waiver and the other didn't. Not only will they not bump the bonus for you, they're unable to transfer you from one offer to another. 10k UR points are easily worth $95 to me, so I was more than willing to pay it. They just simply had no way to make that change on their systems.

So if you want the 60k instead of the 50k, and it's worth the extra $95 to you (it should be), I wouldn't risk applying for the 50k link. There's a good chance you'll be stuck with just that 50k.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
Data point here. I've asked 3 times (twice on one card, and once on another) about bumping the bonuses when one offer included the AF waiver and the other didn't. Not only will they not bump the bonus for you, they're unable to transfer you from one offer to another. 10k UR points are easily worth $95 to me, so I was more than willing to pay it. They just simply had no way to make that change on their systems.

So if you want the 60k instead of the 50k, and it's worth the extra $95 to you (it should be), I wouldn't risk applying for the 50k link. There's a good chance you'll be stuck with just that 50k.
Really? Ugh. That's rather unfortunate. I obviously applied at the wrong time it appears. You'd think if nothing else they would maybe offer up 10K points if you met some additional spend requirement or something.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Really? Ugh. That's rather unfortunate. I obviously applied at the wrong time it appears. You'd think if nothing else they would maybe offer up 10K points if you met some additional spend requirement or something.
If you've already applied for it, it can't hurt to ask. I'd love to have a newer data point to disprove mine (the most recent of which is 6+ months old).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.