Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom + Sapphire Preferred Combo...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Chase Freedom + Sapphire Preferred Combo...

...beat any and all cards?

With 5% cash back reward points from rotating categories that can be moved to your Sapphire Preferred ultimate rewards account, and subsequently 1:1 to select airline programs (United), for sure that beats any AMEX card?

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/07/huge...g-combination/

Problem is, I am more of a DL flyer so less use for United miles. Nevertheless, I am considering applying for the Sapphire preferred as I already have the Freedom card.
Also, I never had any card with an annual fee. Does it makes sense to get one now?

Thoughts?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:11 pm

I personally find the chase points the easiest to redeem. I was recently able to book a flight at 4 cents per point.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
One could argue that the Ink Plus/Bold is a better card to have with Sapphire Preferred. Routing some spend through prepaid cards beats the 2.14x that the Sapphire gets on travel/dining.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by amolkold
One could argue that the Ink Plus/Bold is a better card to have with Sapphire Preferred. Routing some spend through prepaid cards beats the 2.14x that the Sapphire gets on travel/dining.
+1, this is what I have. I value the 5x at office stores and phone/cable/internet bills higher than 2.14x on travel and dining. I honestly think the Sapphire Preferred is overrated, it's a pump and dump card for me, whereas Ink Plus will pay for itself with the $300 monthly cell phone/cable bills I can pay. 5x at office stores is just gravy, even if Ink dumped office supply stores, I'd still keep it.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
+1, this is what I have. I value the 5x at office stores and phone/cable/internet bills higher than 2.14x on travel and dining. I honestly think the Sapphire Preferred is overrated, it's a pump and dump card for me, whereas Ink Plus will pay for itself with the $300 monthly cell phone/cable bills I can pay. 5x at office stores is just gravy, even if Ink dumped office supply stores, I'd still keep it.
The Ink is a business card. I don't have a business.

Besides, the only recurring bill I have is for internet. About $50/month.
I would use the Sapphire for travel (airfare, no FTF) and use my Freedom card to turn the points from the rotating categories into miles.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
The Ink is a business card. I don't have a business.

Besides, the only recurring bill I have is for internet. About $50/month.
I would use the Sapphire for travel (airfare, no FTF) and use my Freedom card to turn the points from the rotating categories into miles.

you really don't have cell service? or do you mean, it's a corporate expense for you?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoreline
you really don't have cell service? or do you mean, it's a corporate expense for you?
Prepaid.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:49 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

delete

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Jan 1, 2013 at 7:52 am Reason: answered my own question
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Prepaid.
I haven't tried it but I wonder if you could go and buy the cards at the physical prepaid store? If you have a Verizon/AT&T etc. prepaid phone that might work, I know this isn't possible for everything.

I have a business, I examine credit card signup bonuses and see which ones work best then talk about them here . I just run a very poor business as I don't get paid at all for it .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.