Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-consolidated-chase-ba-visa-now-50k-75k-100k.html

The 100K offer with staggered spend is live again. (9/17/15)

Additional discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-75k-100k.html

50K, 75K or 100K offer https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X

Public link on Chase.com
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...H0&list=4,2,1&

50,000 Avios after $2000 in purchases within the first 3 months
25,000 Avios after an additional $8000 in purchases within the first year
25,000 Avios after an additional $10000 in purchases within the first year
(Thus, a total of $20000 spend for 100,000 Avios)

Annual fee $95 NOT waived
Card earns 1 Avios/$ on everyday spend

Warning: Avios do not work like other types of miles and points
The British Airways system is distance based, priced per segment, with very high fees and fuel surcharges possible, depending on the airline flown. In particular, redemptions for British Airways flights are often the worst value. Therefore, one of the most popular uses of points is for short-haul flights on partner airlines.

Make sure you understand the program thoroughly before you apply for this card, as whining may be considered off-topic. Most questions and advice have already been given within this thread.

See also:
Your guide to spending Avios | 2014
Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
Print Wikipost

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
All of the big blogger in the CC bouns world have written about the VR's and AmEx BlueBird card.
I know I have read that. But I won't be able to use that. I don't need thousands in VR.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:28 am

Data point, my application from late last week the account shows up in my Chase account today.

First time card user, plan on using these for domestic AA short hauls as well...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by TTnC4me
You've seen them?
I have not personally, however, a couple of bloggers have stated they have, I have been busy looking for them at Wallsgreens and CVS's, next will be wallmart.
Links? PM if necessary, I have yet to see them at WM yet personally.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:54 pm

I applied last week and today went signing into my chase.com and found $2000 limit British Airway.

I am just thinking that I will be a tough one to get to $20k or $30k annually with 2k limits...

I think i know why they gave me such low limit since i am carrying 14k balance in their slate credit card (0% for 15 months, 1% BT fee), but all my cards limit are in the higher 5k, except for my oldest HSBC 2% credit card ($950 limit and cant go much higher).
I know i probably can transfer some limit from my freedom to british airway, but has anyone has much luck talking to chase to get limit boost up without transferring limit?

My chase history is 15k slate, 10k freedom, and 2 months ago closed southwest premier visa.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oozze
I applied last week and today went signing into my chase.com and found $2000 limit British Airway.

I am just thinking that I will be a tough one to get to $20k or $30k annually with 2k limits...

I think i know why they gave me such low limit since i am carrying 14k balance in their slate credit card (0% for 15 months, 1% BT fee), but all my cards limit are in the higher 5k, except for my oldest HSBC 2% credit card ($950 limit and cant go much higher).
I know i probably can transfer some limit from my freedom to british airway, but has anyone has much luck talking to chase to get limit boost up without transferring limit?

My chase history is 15k slate, 10k freedom, and 2 months ago closed southwest premier visa.
Pay off your CC's, chase is looking at your slate CC and saying, credit utilization is bad, he has a balace of 14K on a card that has 15K limit. Doesn't matter how it got there. Pay off 5K and then transer some to the Freedon (depends on what is on that card too.)

BTW, you can pay off your BA CC before the statement date, which I just did on both the BoA and Bank of Hawaiian, Hawaiian Airlines cards. So if you have the cash to be able to it, then reaching a 20K spend in not a problem. 2K x 10 months is 20K.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
There's definitely some value with the 50K points for folks who already had their eyes on a BA award with the upcoming/possible/hopeful MR-->Avios bonus. This would be a good way to help hold on to some MR.
this may be me ! - i am eyeing an award one way to STT from Iah on AA and was booking another award on AA but those awards seats i was eyeing are gone now...so with my amex points and previous avois i need to top my avois to get back to IAH so 50k for me might do it !
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:33 pm

So...several posts two weeks ago of people who previously had this card and closed it more than a year ago who intended to try for the bonus again on this offer...but no reports yet of approval for the card with Chase confirmation that bonus points will be awarded after meeting the minimum spend?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:40 pm

deleted
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:32 pm

I'm waiting until Feb myself, might as well give it as much space between the old card as possible.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by dhuey
Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

I cancelled this same card only about six months ago, so I'm not expecting success. Still, for five minutes of my time, I gave it a shot.
My app. has been pending for 17 days now -- still no word.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
My app. has been pending for 17 days now -- still no word.
Have you tried calling Chase reconsideration line?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Applied tonight, "further blah blah blah" message popped up. Will call in the morning. My credit score is around 700 (was 700 tonight on Equifax, 708 on Transunion) and I have a Chase United MileagePlus card with a 7k credit limit that I got 3 months ago. Hopefully I will get approved over the phone tomorrow morning!

Any particular strategy I should use?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Applied tonight, "further blah blah blah" message popped up. Will call in the morning. My credit score is around 700 (was 700 tonight on Equifax, 708 on Transunion) and I have a Chase United MileagePlus card with a 7k credit limit that I got 3 months ago. Hopefully I will get approved over the phone tomorrow morning!

Any particular strategy I should use?

Thanks!
I'm sure they will move some of your CL off the Mileage Plus card on to the BA card...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I'm sure they will move some of your CL off the Mileage Plus card on to the BA card...
I called and I was approved after 5 minutes on the phone with a credit line of 5k. I was not asked to move any credit from my UA card. Another data point: I have days ago obtained a car loan in the amount of 15k. This wasn't an issue at all. Just have a good story when you call and you should be fine
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Have you tried calling Chase reconsideration line?
No need for that now -- I just got off the phone. They said I'm approved but they wanted to keep my credit limit the same, so we moved some limit over from my United card.

I'm in! Yes, with the 100k bonus offer at $20k spend, and even though I closed my Chase BA card from a previous bonus offer a mere six months ago (or so).

Yay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.