Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ink Plus (business credit card) 50K UR points requires $5K Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ink Plus (business credit card) 50K UR points requires $5K Spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I buy the Home Improvement Card at OD, and pay my AR account at Lowe's, it is also good at HD and Sears, and their is no Charge for the card at $500.00

At Lowe's you can also buy Gas WN and many more gift cards,

Great way to get 5X with The Bold Card. For a Landlord. and the HI card is not $6.95 extra...Been a real help with my miles.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: United, AA, Jetblue
Stupid question - any ideas to get a business credit card, when you don't have a business?

Sole prop but I need an EIN, right? Any other routes?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 4:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by firsttimeflying
Stupid question - any ideas to get a business credit card, when you don't have a business?

Sole prop but I need an EIN, right? Any other routes?
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/0...d-application/
Old May 3, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: United, AA, Jetblue
Thanks!
Old May 8, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: Up there, Route 36 LaPaz Diamond
Anybody upgraded or purchased cell phones at an office supply store using their ink card and received the points?
Office Depot has the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ,$100 cheaper than Verizon wireless and since I am do for a free upgrade I am wondering if I use my Ink Bold and the UR portal to order the phone if I will receive the 5x ink points as well as the UR 3x OD points?

I used the forum search but found nothing relevant.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoopers
Anybody upgraded or purchased cell phones at an office supply store using their ink card and received the points?
Office Depot has the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ,$100 cheaper than Verizon wireless and since I am do for a free upgrade I am wondering if I use my Ink Bold and the UR portal to order the phone if I will receive the 5x ink points as well as the UR 3x OD points?

I used the forum search but found nothing relevant.
Yes, you should get 3x for the portal and 5x for purchase at an office supply store. Doesn't matter what you buy there.
Old May 12, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by dhuey
Wouldn't you consider Sapphire better? Ink has the 5x bonus for cable/wireless, but the 2x travel bonus is limited to direct bookings with hotels. Sapphire is 2x for all travel-related charges. Plus you get the 7% bonus at year end, so travel charges are really 2.14 UR miles per dollar spent.
Speaking of travel, can anyone confirm if a flight booked (using the card, not points) from the UR travel portal will accrue 1 extra point per dollar (like it does for the Sapphire Preferred). I tried to dig around but didn't find the answer.

TIA.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:07 pm

From the day I cancel my chase ink bold or Chase Ink Plus, how many days do I need to wait to reapply for the chase ink bold or Chase Ink plus and receive the 50k UR bonus again?. My annual fee will be coming up in a month or 2.
Old May 13, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by ual902
From the day I cancel my chase ink bold or Chase Ink Plus, how many days do I need to wait to reapply for the chase ink bold or Chase Ink plus and receive the 50k UR bonus again?. My annual fee will be coming up in a month or 2.
You won't get the bonus again on the same card for the same business. But you can apply to my knowledge any time for a different Ink card.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
So my first statement just generated for my Ink Plus card, and to my surprise, this line showed up on my Creditkarma report. I thought business cards did not report to your personal credit report? This has caused my score to drop 20 points according to CK. Does this card show up on anybody else's personal credit report?
Old May 13, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by terpfan101
You won't get the bonus again on the same card for the same business. But you can apply to my knowledge any time for a different Ink card.
Thanks for your response, can I apply for another chase Ink Bold or Ink Plus for another business I have selling on Ebay, using my SS in the EIN Field and receive the bonus?.

The Ink Bold and Ink Plus I'm about to cancel is using my EIN for a service business I own.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by nep301
So my first statement just generated for my Ink Plus card, and to my surprise, this line showed up on my Creditkarma report. I thought business cards did not report to your personal credit report? This has caused my score to drop 20 points according to CK. Does this card show up on anybody else's personal credit report?
I think you mean that the inquiry appears on CK which would be correct, however you shouldn't see the account itself along with its balance as an open account on your personal credit report. Only the inquiry will affect your credit report.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by ual902
Thanks for your response, can I apply for another chase Ink Bold or Ink Plus for another business I have selling on Ebay, using my SS in the EIN Field and receive the bonus?.

The Ink Bold and Ink Plus I'm about to cancel is using my EIN for a service business I own.
I'm not entirely positive that just having the business name be different qualifies you for a second card and bonus. To my understanding you can get all four cards per unique business (based on EIN/SSN) and one of each card for every business you have with a unique EIN.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Originally Posted by terpfan101
I think you mean that the inquiry appears on CK which would be correct, however you shouldn't see the account itself along with its balance as an open account on your personal credit report. Only the inquiry will affect your credit report.
Nope, I mean that the account itself appeared on CK. I had a $6k balance going at 0% interest and now this has shown up on CK dragging my score down. I got this card in mid March and my first statement just generated a week ago. Maybe it will disappear on its own...
Old May 21, 2013, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by AirD0c
Thanks for the data point. I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on an Ink Plus (have a Bold), but I've gotten 6 cards since 8/12 (3 Chase) and this is making me think I should hold off...
Just approved for Ink Plus. Acquired Sapphire & Bold last month along with 3 other cards (Amex, Citi & USB). App went to pending, called recon line, asked questions about biz, 5 minutes later Voila! Makes 4 Chase cards since I've had a SWA card for a couple of years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.